Author Topic: The DFW thread: The D.O.C, Erotic D and 6-2  (Read 33602 times)

Chad

Re: Southern Hydro (Big Mike and Six2)
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2008, 06:26:21 PM »
NonCentz just did another interview with The D.O.C  :o
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=183020.0
http://www.ballerstatus.com/article/features/2008/06/4839/
Go check that interview out....

Being edited now and coming real fucking soon....Erotic D interview series (he's got alot to fuckin' say!) & the exclusive Six-Two interview along with brand-new (yes, brand-new 7 banging!) audio from the DFW camp....transcribing the interviews as we speak.....Tha Chill interview should be up in a day or 2 with audio
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2008, 12:04:12 AM »
NonCentz just did another interview with The D.O.C  :o
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=183020.0
http://www.ballerstatus.com/article/features/2008/06/4839/
Go check that interview out....

Being edited now and coming real fucking soon....Erotic D interview series (he's got alot to fuckin' say!) & the exclusive Six-Two interview along with brand-new (yes, brand-new 7 banging!) audio from the DFW camp....transcribing the interviews as we speak.....Tha Chill interview should be up in a day or 2 with audio

:o  looking forward to it  8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2008, 01:11:44 PM »
throwback review:

THE D.O.C. - Helter Skelter | Review By:  Westcoast2K

The 6th member of N.W.A.. The D.O.C. has released two solo´s and the first one was back in 1989 and was released on Ruthless and had the N.W.A. on there, production by Dr. Dre and all, it was a phat album and I bump that still, not to many albums from the 80´s is still heard in my stereo but that´s a classic gangsta album, and I was only 7 years old back in 89 so…..

Anyway, y´all know the story of him right. He lost his voice in a car crash and we didn´t know if he was gonna be able to make another album, but they fixed his voice, but it´s very unique due to this car crash, it´s kinda like a computer shit. Don´t wanna get too deep with that, I´m not a doctor…

Anyway, he was around with Dre at the early Death Row days but never released an album or so, and I don´t know what happened but when the time came to record this 2nd album Dre wasn´t there, and not Snoop, Warren G, Dogg Pound or nobody else. So the production on this one was handled by Erotic D, he actually produced a album for Adina Howard, but he really produce meen ass beats on here. This is one of my all time favorite albums fo real!

The intro tells a press story bout DOC´s death, the car crash and all that and then he get´s out of the casket he´s in, effective as the fuck! First song is ”Return Of Da Livin Dead” a very nice track, it was the single I think! Then a laid back track called ”From Ruthless 2 Death Row” and it´s about how everything changed from his NWA days to his days with the Dogg Pound. It´s very nice, and a DOC favorite for many people!

Then we have one of many evil tracks on the album, the whole tone and feelin of the album is that it´s VERY dark, twisted, gravesites, churches, hell all that is here, the full package! The track is called ”Secret Plan” and you just gotta hear it, it features a Ice T sample in the end.

Then a blow job interlude, I don´t know but I think, I THINK, we´ve heard it before?! But this one gets you laughing, because in the end the bitch hairs starts to fall of and in comes DOC and tells everyone to call Mo Hair for these type problems, it´s funny as hell!! Then we have one of my favorite tracks ”4 My Doggz” and maybe ya can guess that it´s dedicated to his Dogg Pound family. They still phuck with each other, Dr. Dre always gives him shoutouts and he was with all the DPGz at Up In Smoke Tour the summer of 2000. Anyway, he rapps thankful about Daz, Snoop, Warren G and all of em! I love it!

And up next is another track that´s just too tight, it features Mally G, he hasn´t recorded any albums or so that I know of, and a west coast queen; Passion, she´s a tight female rapper, betta belive that! The song is up tempo and just a tight tight west coast mobbin, jack somebody shit! Killershit! And after that the hits just keep on coming. A track to stop by is number 9 ”Bitchez” a laid-back track, with a guitar in the beat, but just a lil. It´s nice, can almost smell the chronic smoke on this track! #11 ”Da Hereafter” is a classic song to me, well the album just tells me CLASSIC! The chorus is a female singing ”It´s so hot, hot/I´m burnin up/Hot hot…” very nice!

Next track is the only one with many featured rappers ”Erotix Shit” features classic mid west rapper MC Breed along with DFC, Mally G, Erotic D, Mz. Allan and Boo Boo Breed, it´s a nice track, but of course Breed and DOC shines above the rest!

The last track is called ”Crazy Bitches” it´s once again very nice, Erotic D´s production fits the DOC´s vocals very good. Aiight so this tape is an all time favorite for me, I know that everyone don´t like it. Even DOC thinks it pretty bad – he said “Deuce” would be his real 2nd album! But if ya haven´t heard it please do something for ya self and check it out. It´s sum years old I know but still it´s worth your attention. I just wanted to bring some light to this sleeper album!

4/5 Dubs!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2008, 01:19:27 PM »
^^^^

pretty much the same rating as me, HighEyeCue, and you gave the album Chad  ;)

StevenMarkAss

« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2008, 08:41:55 AM »
where r these 7 new songs?

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #110 on: June 15, 2008, 06:11:00 AM »
Finally managed to listen to these Erotic D joints a few times. Mad props to Dre Day and Chad.  8)

Mad props also on the reviews above – man I have to say I can’t disagree with anything you have both said.

I'm really hoping these tracks are left overs (although I know there’s some doubt over that). Apart from the Genacide track, I thought all the tracks were a little bit generic. Hoping for a bit more from an Erotic album. As Dre Day said if these were intended for the album they are a bit all over the place and it makes you wonder if the album will have very little direction. Having said that I think the production on the whole is good (just not outstanding) and if Erotic avoids rapping(!) and the really clubbed out and rock(!?!) tracks, it should be a tight album at least musically.

Cannot wait for those interviews Chad Noncentz is blessing us with!! – hopefully we might find out a little more about the Black Bruce Willis album and what’s up with those tracks.

Mad props also to Chad Vader who hooked me up with the Genacide Waste Uva Cula album. Imo it’s dope as f*ck and much better than Mixed up Murda. Similar in a way – in the sense there are no stand out tracks but the whole album is tight with a real dark southern atmosphere and dope rhymes from two face and el dog. I really hope we see a new genacide album like 6’2 talks about on his myspace mind you he says on there it’s gonna come out in 2007!!!…

I think although there are a few recycled rhymes along the way on Waste uva cula both these cats have a lot to say. They mix it up between street gangsterism stories and politics (as the title suggests) but it really works. I would love to see some fresh music from these dudes. Hopefully Two Face tells us the sh*t is coming in that interview!!!!  ;D

Props to everyone for keeping this DFW sh*t alive on here!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2008, 12:24:57 AM »
Mad props also to Chad Vader who hooked me up with the Genacide Waste Uva Cula album. Imo it’s dope as f*ck and much better than Mixed up Murda. Similar in a way – in the sense there are no stand out tracks but the whole album is tight with a real dark southern atmosphere and dope rhymes from two face and el dog. I really hope we see a new genacide album like 6’2 talks about on his myspace mind you he says on there it’s gonna come out in 2007!!!…

I think although there are a few recycled rhymes along the way on Waste uva cula both these cats have a lot to say. They mix it up between street gangsterism stories and politics (as the title suggests) but it really works. I would love to see some fresh music from these dudes. Hopefully Two Face tells us the sh*t is coming in that interview!!!!  ;D

Props to everyone for keeping this DFW sh*t alive on here!

hehe, i prefer Mixed Up Murda, it has a lot of dope dark shit IMO  ;)
oh well, i guess we disagree  :)

however we do agree that Six-Two is dope as hell, because of his great laid back delivery and wordplay   8)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 03:36:28 AM by Dre-Day »

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2008, 01:52:55 PM »
i want another convicts album

rather than a mike 6-2 album..

mike n 3-2 go harder than the shit he has wit 6-2

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2008, 12:30:56 AM »

I want another convicts album
rather than a mike 6-2 album..
mike n 3-2 go harder than the shit he has wit 6-2

Convicts is cool,but 3-2 had better chemistry with D.A and A.W.OL in Blac´Monks.
So I rather see another Blac´Monks album than another Convicts allbum.  ;)

You don´t happen to have these albums do you;?

mr. 3-2 - over the law
http://governmentnames.blogspot.com/2005/05/mr.html
"been on these streets for all of my life / gangster discple, get the shit right / rest of my days, i'm reppin the street game / power, pistols, money and cocaine." posing on lowest budget cover, with his grim face pasted over the bentley from the cover of the 504 boyz album. glowering in gucci sunglasses. pacers fitted tilted over the white rag and braids sneaking out the back. the name spelled out in heavy steel letters. silvertop unmarked cd-r and a booking number inside.
    rap legend like only houston has: put it down with rap-a-lot back in the day AND wrecked screw's tapes AND got on texas classics with scarface, e.s.g., pokey, big moe, and for sure you know him from that opening sixteen off one day on ridin dirty (you know... "and if i die-- or should i say if i go / bury me in hiram clarke next to the come-and-go"). a legend from the southside (way down south, fuqua west, down there by z-ro and mo city, almost in the next county), first rapper in houston to call himself the big boss, got referenced with vague talk about real street activity, but then, dormant, no more undergrounds, and only referenced in anecdotes about seeing him gone off wet, spending a little time locked up, and not being able to get the rap shit going like he was capable of.
    gruff new flow, south park mexican with a different accent. rapping cramped together blue pen on white pad writing. this is more of those simple, boring street raps. but just under the surface, complex and unapparent internal structures that you hear on re-listens, close listens.     doing the traditional h-town stuff that everyone in the city made their name off back in the day. not cartooning it up with the punchlines or smoothing it into inspiration. twelve gauges and pistols. regional details. obsessed with street rules. lil o (remember? BAG BACK BAG BACK GIMME FIFTY FEET OR I'MA GRAB THE GAT AND HIT A NIGGA WITH THE HEAT) for the heartwarming realtalk back in the day/look how far we come track about falling asleep at screw's house while making tapes. z-ro for the grim lost in the ghetto track.
    talking proud about gang affiliation on every track. with symbolic talk about six poppin/five droppin and hexagrams or explicit talk about g.d./folks: "six stars and they shine so bright / disrespect my organization and you dyin tonight / take flight to chicago and visit the wild 100s / murders, dopedealin, kidnappins, we done done it / set larry hoover free, that's on a g, my nigga... / six poppin, five droppin, we some brothers of the struggle."
    half underground, half aboveground: half recycled beats and half original beats. splash waterfalls ("need that yayo, or some handlebars, whoever you are [FUCK (with) ME]), locked up, the rest obscure enough to be half recognized but not named. originals, classic soft houston beats that you need for southside legends.

and found bad azz mix tape vol.5 on amazon  :P

Bad Azz Mix Tape, Vol. 5 [EXPLICIT LYRICS]
http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Azz-Mix-Tape-Vol/dp/B000A8AY1W/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1203349560&sr=1-5

Product Details
Audio CD (July 26, 2005)
Original Release Date: July 26, 2005
Number of Discs: 1
Format: Explicit Lyrics
Label: Presidential Records
ASIN: B000A8AY1W

Track Listings 1. Intro - Mr. 3-2
2. Holding It Down - Billy Cook, Mr. 3-2
3. Power Moves - Big Pokey, D'Capo, Mr. 3-2, Quest
4. F**k You! - Lil' Keke, Mr. 3-2, Skinny
5. Ride - Mr. 3-2, Quest, SK
6. Mob Affiliated - Mr. 3-2, Playa Pat
7. Whatcha' Talkin Bout - D'Capo, HAWK, Hawk, Mr. 3-2, Quest
8. Better Dayz - Billy Cook, Mr. 3-2
9. Cashy Ashy - Cl'Che', Mr. 3-2
10. Get Mine - Beezo, Mike-D, Mr. 3-2
11. Go Getta - Mr. 3-2
12. Life - D'Capo, Mr. 3-2
13. Ride Down - Mr. 3-2, Quest
14. Man Up - Mr. 3-2, Quest, Troyo
15. Heat Packers - Beezo, Mr. 3-2, Pup
16. Go Down - Cro$$, D.Z., Mr. 3-2
17. Get Back - Cro$$, Lil' Keke, Mr. 3-2
18. Play No Games - Frosty, Mr. 3-2
19. Outro - Mortal, Skinny

Against The Law MR. 3-2

http://www.amazon.com/Against-Law-MR-3-2/dp/B00139866C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1203349820&sr=1-1

Availability: Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Product Details
Audio CD
ASIN: B00139866C

On Probation

http://www.sosouth.com/detail.php?ID=3228

01 2 Playa Fly    
02 Beat -N- Tha Trunk    
03 Million Dollars Later    
04 Out Tha Gate    
05 Tell -N- Like It Is    
06 No Evidence    
07 These Streets    
08 Hustle’n And Money Makin    
09 Let Me Live    
10 Play -N- 4 Keeps    
11 Click Action    
12 So Ard    
13 (Skit)    
14 Shake Tha Spot    
15 Don’t Wait    
16 Git’n Money    
17 Pressure    
18 Tag Team

2006: Family Ties
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._3-2
Mr. 3-2 - Cocked To Tha Right
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hos8aq3DgyA&amp;rel" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hos8aq3DgyA&amp;rel</a>

Solo Albums
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._3-2
1996: Wicked Buddah Baby
2001: The Governor
2002: Against The Law
2003: Over The Law
2005: On Probation
2005: Bad Azz Mixtape Vol.5
2006: Fat Domino
2006: Family Ties

i got everything dealin wit pimpin chris..

i got enough post now again.. i put em in ya life when i upload em..

everything but fat dominoe..ion think that one released....if not i can make a call for it..

yeah blac monks go hard... 3-2 style has change from that style...

he on his grizzly now..like the ol screw tape sound he useta do...

so ion think he'll go back to that unless n.o joe put it down again...

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2008, 12:56:41 AM »

both of em actually..

joe was the mastermind of the wicked buddah baby..and got him right before the 1st blac monk album..kuz his style was over the place...

joe taught to mellow it out...

thats y i said his name..

Chad Vader

« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2008, 01:08:43 AM »

both of em actually..
joe was the mastermind of the wicked buddah baby..and got him right before the 1st blac monk album..
kuz his style was over the place...
joe taught to mellow it out...
thats y i said his name..

Blac´Monks is John Bido´s "baby",what N.O Joe did behind the scene´s is another thing.
And according to the credits,N.O Joe only worked on two tracks on wicked buddah baby.  ;)

Production coordinators;
-John Bido,3-2,Big Vic
Engineers;
-Mike Dean,Jeff Griffin,John Bido,Troy Clark
Assistant Engineer;
-3-2
Mixer;
John Bido,3-2
Assistant Mixer;
Mike dean
Mastered by;
-John Bido,3-2,Mike Dean and Anthony Valic

CREDITS: Mr. 3-2 - The Wicked Buddah Baby
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=183303.0;topicseen
Mr. 3-2
The Wicked Buddah Baby
Virgin Records

1. Buddag Baby Intro
Produced by John Bido
Co-produced by Mike Dean
Containsa a sample from "May The Force Be With You"

2. Comin Down (ft. Sonia Moore)
Produced by N.O. Joe

3. Dressed 2 Kill
Produced by John Bido
Co-produced by Mike Dean
Contains excerpts from "The Memory" (R. Ayers, W. Allen, E. Birdsong)

4. My Sweet Trick
Produced by John Bido
Co-produced by Mike Dean
Contains portions from "Love T.K.O." (G. Noble, C. Womack, L. Womack)
Contains excerpts from "Juicy Fruit" (J. Mtume)

5. Them Against Me
Produced by John Bido
Co-produced by Mike Dean
Contains a sample of "Electric Lady" (L. Smith, K. Cedar, D. Renzer)

6. Welcome To The Slab
Produced by N.O. Joe

7. Turning Lane (ft. South Side Playaz)
Produced by Mike Dean

8. Kickin Flowz
Produced by Pedeweastra

9. Hit The Highway (ft. Too $hort, Eightball & MJG)
Produced by 3-2

10. You Wanna Ride (ft. UGK)
Produced by Swift

11. Buddah Nature [Remix]
Produced by Crazy C

12. Buddah Baby Outro
Produced by Freddie Young
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 01:10:38 AM by Chad Vader »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2008, 01:02:03 AM »

G None Reala
Yes,yes 6-2 is back..... another Fred Wreck (Space Boogie era) type of beat.
Simple but still nice,6-2 comes tight as always.
4/5

it has grown on me   :)

by the way, I really hope Six-Two is on more tracks  8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2008, 01:22:32 AM »
Two new Erotic D tracks has been added to his myspace,thanx for bringing it to my attention.

Music Me
Dope beat,nice story rap. A banger for sure,tight.
3/5

U need dat featuring El Dog from Genacide
I feel this too,beat is banging and nice to hear El Dog featured.
4/5

This is the flavor I like to hear more off,not that club shit.

i pretty much agree with you about the 2nd track, but i'm not sure about the first one  :-\

i don't know how to explain this well; it is too smooth/R&B ish to me i guess  :-\ :P
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 01:36:55 AM by Dre-Day »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2008, 01:33:14 AM »
Two new Erotic D tracks has been added to his myspace,thanx for bringing it to my attention.

Music Me
Dope beat,nice story rap. A banger for sure,tight.
3/5

U need dat featuring El Dog from Genacide
I feel this too,beat is banging and nice to hear El Dog featured.
4/5

This is the flavor I like to hear more off,not that club shit.

i pretty much agree with you about the 2nd track, but i'm not sure about the first one  :-\

i don't know how to explain this well; it is too smooth/R&B ish to me i guess  :-\ :P

yep had both on repeat for a while now,there´s something I can´t put my finger on....
The first track got a story line that works,maybe it´s the hook that don´t fit?
Nothing wrong with the beat...

it's the hook and the vibe of the track in general  for me :-\

but it's not wack at all.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #119 on: July 07, 2008, 02:23:37 AM »

NonCentz put up another classic;
DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview Part 2 With Erotic D (Dre/Cube/DOC) + Audio
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=186123.0

including a new 6-2 track;  :o