Author Topic: The DFW thread: The D.O.C, Erotic D and 6-2  (Read 33624 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: The DFW thread: The D.O.C, Erotic D and 6-2
« Reply #225 on: September 11, 2008, 12:49:13 AM »
What does PM mean? You guys may have to help me with some of this internet shit. I ain't that good at it.

no problem  ;)

PM=private message  ;)

also, the forum got a help function  :)
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?action=help

hopefully this helps  ;)

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #226 on: September 11, 2008, 01:57:25 PM »
What up fellas? This is Erotic D. My boy asked me to come on to this forum and chat with you guys a bit. Before i do, i'm going to have to ask that you guys respect my attempt to be accessible and understand that this is going to take time away from my work and family. I am reluctant to do this, but i have been following these two threads and i appreciate all of the love you guys have for me and Six2. I have NEVER been the type to front. So if you ask me a question that i can't or don't want to answer, i will not answer it. Also understand that there are people all over the world who have been reaching out to me on myspace and there have been no "internet gangsters" trying to start shit with me. I think that would be a waste of your time (if you are one of those guys) cus i'm a REAL street dude and it would be hard to piss me off on a computer. As some of you know by now, i have a new solo album available online. The outlets that will carry my product will multiply in the coming days and weeks. I have not been given the information about how long it will take to reach Amazon.com, iTunes, Rhapsody, emusic,etc. But it is DEFINITELY on the way through ALL online and traditional retailers. I have an R & B artist named VERSE whose album will follow mine. I can tell that some of you guys are only concerned with hip hop. That's cool. I used to be the same way. I produce ALL genres of music if the artist appeals to me. After Verse's album, I will be releasing Six2's album "AFFILIATED". There have been lots of questions about SOUTHERN HYDRO. I will also be tweaking that album and releasing it through E-WORLD ENTERTAINMENT. I have SEVERAL projects that will be released before the first of the year. AFFILIATED should be available within the next couple of weeks. It's done. I am a producer first and an artist cus i love writing. So if you like a project by Six2, or El Dog, or Big Mike, or M.C. Breed or any other artist that i produce more than you like mine, i will still be happy. By doing this, i want to show people that i am just like you. I'm a music lover!! But i will not respond to any over the top or disrespectful comments. I'm chasin millions and someones 2 cents is not worth losing focus on my hustle. Please don't think that i think anyone is going to act this way. I have had plenty of my "famous" friends tell me NOT to do this because they got into arguments with fans. I have to see for myself. I will try my best to answer all of your questions. I will check this thread several times a day and respond in my down time. There is plenty going on where Detox is concerned. But i can't share any information here. Please respect my position. My job is to produce records. Not report on Dr. Dre's business. Some questions may not be out of bounds. So by all means ask them all. But if i can't comment,i won't. By the way... M.C. Breed is ok and WILL live thru his illness. I will be producing alot of his new album as well. Six2 and i have a youtube channel. I havn't uploaded any video to it yet but it's coming. I can't find the address in my notes rite now but i will post it soon. It's active rite now under THE BLACK BRUCE WILLIS. There will be music videos and studio session footage and other things we do posted there. I know this is a long post. So i'm out for now. Please feel free to star asking questions if you like.

:o

Welcome and thank you for taking the time. It is very much appreciated.

Props on all the info. First and foremost great news on Breed.

I will be copping all the hip hop ish out of your camp. The new music has me amped and I am particularly looking forward to the six2 solos. I know you have a lot in the works but is there a Genacide project coming and any El Dog solo?

Just reflecting on some of your comments, I hope you find everyone on this board respectful and appreciative but at the same time honest. anyone who comes in here is a fan but they will share their disappointment if they are not feeling a particular track or whatever. that's part of this and i hope as a music fan as well as a musician you can appreciate that.

I will be copping the black bruce wiillis on amazon and am looking forward to hearing some of those tracks you have upped on myspace in CD quality - is the track list on cd baby correct?

also just a random question but have you recently worked or do you plan to work with UPTIGHT?

Thanks.  8)   

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #227 on: September 11, 2008, 03:25:02 PM »
i've just listen snippets from cdbaby and i have to tell u dat album is very good  8) 8)(and its impression just after listening  snippets)
im looking forward to listen whole album

Erotic D

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #228 on: September 11, 2008, 04:32:55 PM »
What up!!!!!  First of all...I appreciate all of the positive responses to my message. I am going to answer every question we have here so far. By the way. Saying that you are not feeling a song here and there is DEFINITELY NOT looked upon as disrespect from where i sit. No artist is capable is capable of satisfying the WHOLE world everytime they record something. If that were the case, we would be selling records in the BILLIONS and millions wouldn't mean shit(lol!!). So it's ok with me for you guys to disagree with my choice of songs. I am criticized with EVERY release LOOOONG before you guys get to hear it AND once you guys get it. It's been my life for nearly 25 years. The people who write my checks are the FIRST to criticize and they aren't always the easiest to please.Ichi i appreciate you taking the time to comment on the album dog! I have actually had 3 versions of this album done since 2000. The first one was TOTALLY raw. NO club tunes or any of that shit. Personally, i don't get in2 the club shit much myself. If i do, i HAVE to be able to keep a street edge with it. With my album being the 1st from my camp, i HAD to do something from a bizness standpoint to draw attention to me so it would benefit the ones coming after me. I actually have a plan to NOT try and get involved with performing club records and leaving it up 2 my artists. I like making concept records and that shit that make a nigga wanna BANG his head and snap his neck cus the beat is so hard!!! As for Uptite...We are all cool cus we have all known each other since the early 90's. But we haven't worked with him in a while. I have had the opportunity 2 have each of the artists from Deuce under my wing at one point or another. So i have nearly an albums worth of material on Uptite. Maybe we will release it some day. It's not a priority for me since Uptite does his own thing. I have a few HUNDRED songs on El Dog. He has never taken a break from working with me. Therefor we work at least 10 months out of the year since i own several recording facilities. We do have a solo album on El Dog called KILLA MUZIK. It's one of the many projects i will be releasing soon. IT'S DOPE AS FUCK!!!!! We are pulling together a new Genacide album now and i'm performing on it as well. We will NEVER allow DOC back into our circle. I brought Genacide into our camp and DOC mishandled that. I have the same friends in the industry as DOC and when i let him take the lead in 98, it was because he had a situation that should have made EVERYBODY rich and famous rite away. I was being a team player. But these guys were dope when i scooped them up. They never needed me OR DOC. They would've made it without us. Now we're family and this is the ONLY way we want to do it. Cadillac Seville is with us 2. Please pray for him. He is locked up until Halloween but we got him when he gets out.

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #229 on: September 12, 2008, 06:10:12 PM »
What up!!!!!  First of all...I appreciate all of the positive responses to my message. I am going to answer every question we have here so far. By the way. Saying that you are not feeling a song here and there is DEFINITELY NOT looked upon as disrespect from where i sit. No artist is capable is capable of satisfying the WHOLE world everytime they record something. If that were the case, we would be selling records in the BILLIONS and millions wouldn't mean shit(lol!!). So it's ok with me for you guys to disagree with my choice of songs. I am criticized with EVERY release LOOOONG before you guys get to hear it AND once you guys get it. It's been my life for nearly 25 years. The people who write my checks are the FIRST to criticize and they aren't always the easiest to please.Ichi i appreciate you taking the time to comment on the album dog! I have actually had 3 versions of this album done since 2000. The first one was TOTALLY raw. NO club tunes or any of that shit. Personally, i don't get in2 the club shit much myself. If i do, i HAVE to be able to keep a street edge with it. With my album being the 1st from my camp, i HAD to do something from a bizness standpoint to draw attention to me so it would benefit the ones coming after me. I actually have a plan to NOT try and get involved with performing club records and leaving it up 2 my artists. I like making concept records and that shit that make a nigga wanna BANG his head and snap his neck cus the beat is so hard!!! As for Uptite...We are all cool cus we have all known each other since the early 90's. But we haven't worked with him in a while. I have had the opportunity 2 have each of the artists from Deuce under my wing at one point or another. So i have nearly an albums worth of material on Uptite. Maybe we will release it some day. It's not a priority for me since Uptite does his own thing. I have a few HUNDRED songs on El Dog. He has never taken a break from working with me. Therefor we work at least 10 months out of the year since i own several recording facilities. We do have a solo album on El Dog called KILLA MUZIK. It's one of the many projects i will be releasing soon. IT'S DOPE AS FUCK!!!!! We are pulling together a new Genacide album now and i'm performing on it as well. We will NEVER allow DOC back into our circle. I brought Genacide into our camp and DOC mishandled that. I have the same friends in the industry as DOC and when i let him take the lead in 98, it was because he had a situation that should have made EVERYBODY rich and famous rite away. I was being a team player. But these guys were dope when i scooped them up. They never needed me OR DOC. They would've made it without us. Now we're family and this is the ONLY way we want to do it. Cadillac Seville is with us 2. Please pray for him. He is locked up until Halloween but we got him when he gets out.

e thanks for your thoughts and the update.

i'm wanna hear that el-dog and genacide ish!

i understand that things have gone down that we can't be privy to with doc. from a fan's perspective, it is really sad that things got f**ked up for everyone but particularly for six2 becuase as you said in your interview with Noncentz, two face has that commercial appeal that would have been an incredible fit for what aftermath were putting out in the late 90's early 00's. i am grateful for all the new ish and really hope that six2 and yourself can get at dre for this detox thing.

that's dope news on cadillac seville as chad said all the cats that was featured on deuce were dope as f**k.

i can understand the approach you are taking on your album and hope you get spins on the club tracks. if i am totally honest i can't see that happening. what you said about concept albums interested me particularly because the first two genacide albums had a really dark feel but also a slight political edge (particularly the first album). is there of that kind of stuff on their new music or is it more focussed on a "mentally disturbed" tip (i love that sh*t by the way)? i would love to hear a balance of that and tracks like ghetto blues that you did for six2. that was one of his best ever tracks in my opinion.

anyway thanks again for posting.

peace.   

Erotic D

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #230 on: September 12, 2008, 09:32:08 PM »
What up Lindon! The Genacide album has not taken on a specific direction yet. We have not deciced what that would be. Thank you for your positive support of all of our stuff. As for doubting whether or not i will get spins on my record, there are some things you should take into consideration. First...I started my career with N.W.A., D.O.C., Dre,etc. When those records blew, they had little to no airplay. It is not radio that i care about. It's spins in the clubs that get you hot. IMO radio makes people sick of your songs and why is there a need to buy if you can hear it 2 or 3 times an hour. Look at radio spins versus record sales these days. It's not even close. Not to say that radio is a non-factor. But the streets have and always will be the best way to sell your music. BUT.....getting airplay for a veteran in the music game is easier than you think. My relationships in the industry alone is enough to get a shot at radio. You hire the right record promoter and ANYONE can get airplay dog. The question for me is would it be worth the money! I don't want to spend money on spins and NOT sell any records. So i start in the streets and go from there. Back to Six2 and El Dog. Ghetto Blues IS a great song and we have MANY more in that vein. Six2 has had alot of hardships in his life and he writes about it regularly. AFFILIATED will give you more of that flavor and so will some of the Genacide songs. I like to think that we always maintain a good balance in our track selection on every project. El Dog's album has BEEN done for quite a while. We have the same struggle with his as we had with mine. TOO MUCH MATERIAL!!!!! Me and Dog work wayyyy more than everyone else in the camp. We also have enough songs together to release an Erotic & El Dog album and have considered it.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #231 on: September 13, 2008, 11:58:56 AM »
Hey Erotic-D!
Cool of you to join the forum!!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

warrior

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #232 on: September 15, 2008, 06:24:15 PM »
new six2 songs on his myspace

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #233 on: September 17, 2008, 12:25:38 PM »
What up Lindon! The Genacide album has not taken on a specific direction yet. We have not deciced what that would be. Thank you for your positive support of all of our stuff. As for doubting whether or not i will get spins on my record, there are some things you should take into consideration. First...I started my career with N.W.A., D.O.C., Dre,etc. When those records blew, they had little to no airplay. It is not radio that i care about. It's spins in the clubs that get you hot. IMO radio makes people sick of your songs and why is there a need to buy if you can hear it 2 or 3 times an hour. Look at radio spins versus record sales these days. It's not even close. Not to say that radio is a non-factor. But the streets have and always will be the best way to sell your music. BUT.....getting airplay for a veteran in the music game is easier than you think. My relationships in the industry alone is enough to get a shot at radio. You hire the right record promoter and ANYONE can get airplay dog. The question for me is would it be worth the money! I don't want to spend money on spins and NOT sell any records. So i start in the streets and go from there. Back to Six2 and El Dog. Ghetto Blues IS a great song and we have MANY more in that vein. Six2 has had alot of hardships in his life and he writes about it regularly. AFFILIATED will give you more of that flavor and so will some of the Genacide songs. I like to think that we always maintain a good balance in our track selection on every project. El Dog's album has BEEN done for quite a while. We have the same struggle with his as we had with mine. TOO MUCH MATERIAL!!!!! Me and Dog work wayyyy more than everyone else in the camp. We also have enough songs together to release an Erotic & El Dog album and have considered it.

Dope sh*t Erotic. Thanks man.

I respect what you're saying the street up approach. That has to be the way for real music to make noise and sell in the current environment. I guess as you say that's always been true but is probably even more so now. I wish you and the whole camp a lot of luck with yours and each of the projects.

Looking forward to hearing more of that six2 reflective ish. I can't think of a rapper who is as dope a story teller in the rap game today.

I am totally hyped for the el dog solo. for me his bars on the songs you have upped on your myspace recently are the dopest and he has that unique distinctive sound.

Much respect again to you for taking the time out to post up here and thank you for making that dope music. Looking forward to more updates on the fresh projects coming from your camp.  8)

Peace.

new six2 songs on his myspace

dopeness thanks for the update.

TRG

« Reply #234 on: September 18, 2008, 02:34:21 AM »
Wow, cool to see Erotic D here!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #235 on: September 19, 2008, 01:00:57 AM »

i know money don't mean much to you, and you're doing all these projects out of love for music, but i figure you don't like to lose a lot of money on al those projects  ;)
so i wonder what you're striving for when it comes to the finances; are you trying to break-even or do you want that the album sales only cover a part of the costs?

Erotic D

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #236 on: September 19, 2008, 03:15:14 AM »
I will NEVER discuss money here. PLUS i have never been a part of a project that has lost money. I wonder why ANYONE would assume that i would lose money. Independent releases that are properly handled make WAY more money than you are obviously aware of. Even an album that is assumed to be a failure because it "only" sells 200,000 copies yields a profit for a major label. Imagine what that would do for an independent. We make money in other areas associated with our releases that no one really discusses. Consumers measure our success by record sales when, in fact, if success is measured in dollars, MANY artists are more "successful " than you think. Those that are broke are broke from mishandling their  business and i will never let that dictate the way i handle MY business. I thought about this question after you asked me on myspace and i have a question for YOU. Would you ask Puffy or Jay-Z or Dr. Dre etc if THEY plan to break even or lose money on multiple releases that they have planned? If we are going to be respectful of one another, i figure you would just enjoy the music and let ME worry about my finances. That's just like asking a woman about her weight. If i sound offended, it's because i think you may have hit the ONE nerve that could offend me. I know it wasn't intentional so i'm not trippin AT ALL. I just don't play to fail and i feel that was an inappropriate question bro. Thanks for the love Trentman!!!!! You 2 Lindon!!!!! PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #237 on: September 19, 2008, 05:25:27 AM »
I will NEVER discuss money here. PLUS i have never been a part of a project that has lost money. I wonder why ANYONE would assume that i would lose money. Independent releases that are properly handled make WAY more money than you are obviously aware of. Even an album that is assumed to be a failure because it "only" sells 200,000 copies yields a profit for a major label. Imagine what that would do for an independent. We make money in other areas associated with our releases that no one really discusses. Consumers measure our success by record sales when, in fact, if success is measured in dollars, MANY artists are more "successful " than you think. Those that are broke are broke from mishandling their  business and i will never let that dictate the way i handle MY business. I thought about this question after you asked me on myspace and i have a question for YOU. Would you ask Puffy or Jay-Z or Dr. Dre etc if THEY plan to break even or lose money on multiple releases that they have planned? If we are going to be respectful of one another, i figure you would just enjoy the music and let ME worry about my finances. That's just like asking a woman about her weight. If i sound offended, it's because i think you may have hit the ONE nerve that could offend me. I know it wasn't intentional so i'm not trippin AT ALL. I just don't play to fail and i feel that was an inappropriate question bro. Thanks for the love Trentman!!!!! You 2 Lindon!!!!! PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey, relax, i only made a general assumption  ;)
nobody wants to lose a lot of money right?

i didn't assume that you spent too much money by doing all those projects, i just stated that there's a possibility ;)
my bad if you got the wrong idea.

i won't deny that there are so many things i don't know about the independent music business; no wonder i asked such a question  ;)
but that wasn't a sign of distrust from my side.
but if you felt that i crossed a line, or that my question was a sign of lack of confidence, then i respect that and i won't bring up the subject any more  ;)

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #238 on: September 20, 2008, 09:56:38 AM »
so does any1 heard allbum yet?
i bought cd now just wainting for delivery

so waht i heard my favorite track is:
G-None Rilla feat Six-2 El Dog Sydney Bristow - its bomb

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #239 on: September 20, 2008, 10:39:02 AM »
so does any1 heard allbum yet?
i bought cd now just wainting for delivery

so waht i heard my favorite track is:
G-None Rilla feat Six-2 El Dog Sydney Bristow - its bomb

i'm still waiting for it to be available on amazon.com  :-\
but i've heard some of it, thanks to the preview opportunities  ;)

so based on that, i'd say my favourite track is Serial Killer  8)