Author Topic: Eminem presents the Re-UP worth buying?  (Read 934 times)

Okka

Re: Eminem presents the Re-UP worth buying?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2007, 11:37:52 PM »
The album got some bangers (The Re-Up, Talkin All That, Pistol Pistol Remix etc...), but overall the album is wack...

Narrator

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 02:15:42 AM »
Everybody stop acting as stupid as Brian.  This is a compilation, not an Eminem album.  Its purpose is to showcase the Shady/Aftermath lineup and make them heard.  Judging it on anything other than that criteria is stupid.

That being said, it was pretty forgettable.  Some of the remixes were OK, and that's really about the best I can say.

sniperuk

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Young'Un
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007, 06:35:27 AM »
definitely worth it, if u need a coaster quickly, and arent biased to who u keep under your coffee then by all means pick this up as soon as possible, remember there are more people who will want this limited edition coffee coaster, so pick up the phone and place your order NOW!!

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 08:58:37 AM »
I really can;t believe these supposed fans of hip-hop are hating on this. I swear people only care about the image, fuck the music. How many people have listed all the bangers on here but still call it wack? Yall need to get the hate out of yalls blood.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2007, 09:36:37 AM »
I really can;t believe these supposed fans of hip-hop are hating on this. I swear people only care about the image, fuck the music. How many people have listed all the bangers on here but still call it wack? Yall need to get the hate out of yalls blood.

If I hear 2 songs that are horrible, that's all I need to hear.  For some reason people are now conditioned to say "well those are just the singles, of course you're not gonna like it".  What the fuck is up with that?  If you're cool w/ labels giving a big fuck you to real fans and them marketing only certain types of singles to capture a particular audience, go ahead - buy, bump, and enjoy.  I'm not coppin and neither is anyone else which is why mainstream "Rap" is selling so poorly.

Interscope puts out the SAME album over and over and over and over.  Same features, same producers, same formulaic single, hype hype hype.  It's so played out.  You're calling us haters, which I think is completely inaccuarate.  "Hater" comes from "Player Hater" which is essentially being mad at someone for being big time, having success, being jealous / envious.  That couldn't be further from the truth (at least for myself).  Their songs / albums (use that term loosely) are too contrived, grossly over commercialized, lack focus, cohesion.  Just hooks, one liners and beats basically.  It's doodoo.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2007, 11:08:15 AM »

If I hear 2 songs that are horrible, that's all I need to hear.  For some reason people are now conditioned to say "well those are just the singles, of course you're not gonna like it".  What the fuck is up with that?  If you're cool w/ labels giving a big fuck you to real fans and them marketing only certain types of singles to capture a particular audience, go ahead - buy, bump, and enjoy.  I'm not coppin and neither is anyone else which is why mainstream "Rap" is selling so poorly.

Interscope puts out the SAME album over and over and over and over.  Same features, same producers, same formulaic single, hype hype hype.  It's so played out.  You're calling us haters, which I think is completely inaccuarate.  "Hater" comes from "Player Hater" which is essentially being mad at someone for being big time, having success, being jealous / envious.  That couldn't be further from the truth (at least for myself).  Their songs / albums (use that term loosely) are too contrived, grossly over commercialized, lack focus, cohesion.  Just hooks, one liners and beats basically.  It's doodoo.

Alot of times, it seems like most of the people hating on this are doing it for that reason. Too many undergroud heads are brainwashed into thinking, "if it's mainstream, it sucks", and alot of fans are upset that there favorite rapper doesnt have the success. It all boils down to jealousy. I was like that too at one point, you force yourself not to like the music. I HATED Encore with a passion and went into The Re-Up with LOW expectations, and still wound up liking every song on there. There was but 1 commerical song on the entire release ( "Smack That" Remix which wasn't that poppy anyways ). Beats were hard, every emcee spits good, structured bars as well as being coupled with hard hittin prodution. If you have a good music system in your car or at home, you will appreciate this release even more.

I agree that "Jimmy Crack Corn" was a bit "corny", but I'm pretty sure the intentions were to make you laugh a little. It's not like Em's lyrics were wack, he was spittin. Everybody always complains about Em/G-Unit putting out cheesy, commercial singles, but when you get a joint like "You Don't Know", yall still aint happy. That was the hardest single that actually got play last year, and Banks ripped that track to shreds.

I'm not calling out your personal tastes either, I know you listen to Bootcamp and it don't get more hip-hop than that, but the way u worder your opinions leading up to my last post makes it look like your hating just to hate. You can't make a generaliztaion about an album until you have listened to it in it's entirety, that's why I don't speak on shit I haven't given a solid listen too.

wcsoldier

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2007, 11:15:58 AM »
Y'all can argue during hours.. it won't change the fact Em and 50 have been falling off .. so has the quality of the albums released under the A/S/Gunit umbrella

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2007, 11:17:45 AM »
Y'all can argue during hours.. it won't change the fact Em and 50 have been falling off .. so has the quality of the albums released under the A/S/Gunit umbrella

I agree that Em did fall off, but he brought himself back with that Re-Up. As far as 50 falling off, no disrecpect to you but I gotta laugh at that, he will rule this summer all over again.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2007, 12:21:16 PM »
I thought it was pretty tight actually, I didn't buy it but if you want to support them more power to you

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2007, 12:47:32 PM »
this shit is garbage, you would be an idiot to buy it if you into hiphop, if you into bullshit/garbage joints with wack ass beats and niggaz chattin about nuttin, then this is the shit for you

horrible album, nuff said

wcsoldier

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2007, 11:27:02 PM »

I agree that Em did fall off, but he brought himself back with that Re-Up. As far as 50 falling off, no disrecpect to you but I gotta laugh at that, he will rule this summer all over again.
I don't care about sales.. I meant content wise, his music has falling off.. once again I personally don't make any paper of his sales so why should I care about

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2007, 12:04:46 AM »
im not really a big fan of eminem but the reason i made this thread is cause i do like 50, cashis and all them

that song you dont know is dope as fuck imo

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 03:57:43 AM »
i was at the record store today, went to cop cashis's new ep though they aint have it in yet, so I decided fuck it let me see whats up with this re up. And I have to say thanks to everyone saying how bad it was I had real low expectations and enjoyed the hell out of it! I mean shit ain't spectacular but its a compilation which I found very entertaining, eminem ain't the best on it i aint really been an em fan since eminem show but I wouldn't say he was horrible, some tracks he killed. The rest of the artists I loved, cashis is a beast. Im glad I got this. looking forward to coppin that county hound ep!