Author Topic: Pastor Troy Ordered To Kill "Saddam Hussein" Title  (Read 47 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Pastor Troy Ordered To Kill "Saddam Hussein" Title
« on: May 18, 2007, 11:42:15 AM »
Pastor Troy's never been afraid of controversy, his notable beefs with No Limit Records, Lil Jon and Lil Scrappy have given hip hop plenty to talk about in the past. His upcoming release this summer on SMC Recordings is no different. The album's original album title, Saddam Hussein, has already attracted just as much attention. A storm had begun brewing with three major retails chains, who refused to carry the album with it's original title. Troy and the label decided to change the title to Tool Muziq. "The 'Saddam' title was just a metaphor for how I was comin' back for my shit, hostile takeover-style", reveals Troy. "I'm gonna bring genocide to the rap game. It wasn't political or anything like that. I've got love for the troops, they've always supported me and I support them. So now I'm just gonna give'em Tool Muziq 'cause that's what this album is - hardcore gangsta shit".

Troy brought some heavy artillery on the production side, enlisting notable Southern producers Shawty Red (the sound behind Young Jeezy), Drumma Boy, DJ Squeeky and Zaytoven to emphasize the resonance of the album. Troy also made sure to keep it all Southern with the guest artists as well. Gangsta Boo makes an appearance on "Wanting You", while Fabo of D4L and The Hit Man Sammy Sam get crunk on other notable tracks.

Pastor Troy is one of the originators of the crunk, dirty South sound which he introduced in 1999 with his debut album We Ready - I Declare War and he followed up with in 2001 with Face Off. Tool Muziq is sure to not disappoint his fans. Troy expresses excitement about his upcoming release, "I'm so damn crunk off this album, it's the album I've been waiting to make and it's exactly what I wanted it to be from the first song to the last.

SMC Recordings is also hyped up about their continued partnership with Troy, Will Bronson, COO of SMC shares his thoughts, "Troy has always been the epitome of an independent underground artist, but when he signed to a major they took the "fuck you" right out of him. Troy's got that passion back and for lack of a better phrase- we ready!"

So there you have it, Pastor Troy is ready to take no prisoners - Tool Muziq will be released this summer and is guaranteed to be a huge h

Source: www.yoraps.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com