Author Topic: How do you make your body friends with your mind?  (Read 295 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
How do you make your body friends with your mind?
« on: May 18, 2007, 06:14:41 PM »
Straight up. They don't like each other. How do you get them to become friends and end up being on the same page with each other?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: How do you make your body friends with your mind?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 06:23:16 PM »
Scratch your chin.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 06:26:13 PM »
Well you're the Scientologist, where's your input?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 09:14:58 PM »
Straight up. They don't like each other. How do you get them to become friends and end up being on the same page with each other?

Islam is the perfect religion that combines all the desires and needs of mind, body, and soul.  Some people let their body become their master, and their desires become their god.  But when one submits to Allah, then Allah puts all of their affairs into order.   

For example, the Catholic church, they make their priests become celebate, but this is un-natural to never have sex with a women, so therefore you see the results are that many of those men have molested little boys.  Because they are forced into a lifestyle that is un-natural.  But Islam, does not demand the believe to live a lifestyle that is un-natural.  A man is allowed up to 4 wives and he is even rewarded by Allah and pleasing Allah when he is having sex with them.  Also.. marriage is supposed to be made easy in Islam.  You can meet someone one day, and get married right away if you both really want to, and it happens like that sometimes.  Also, divorce is permitted.

So, with that being said, that is just one example of how Islam always combines the needs of this world, with the spiritual realm.  You don't have to live in a cave in the Himilayas to practice Islam, it can be done from a prison, in the streets of America, or the streets of Mekkah, it doesn't matter. 

Another quick example would be eating pork.  We are forbidden to eat pork, but if there is no other food around then pork becomes permissable. 

The next point, is that man can not become a slave to his body and his desires.  So therefore, Islam is a program, that can give man power over his lower desires of the body.  For example, through 5 times daily prayer, we are reminding ourselves 5 times a day of our higher purpose and our duty to Allah, so that we don't become pre-occupied by the temporary desires for the allusions of this world.  Also, for a month straight we fast from eating and drinking from sunrise to sunset.  This gives us control over our appetite, and the knowledge that Allah is always watching us, so we learn self-control and self-restraint over the body.

When one reaches true mastery of self, then I suppose the mind has achieved mastery over the desires of the body.  However, this is very difficult to achieve, and myself, I have not achieved this.  The more I practice Islam, and the longer I am a Muslim, the more I gain mastery over self.  However, I have not achieved complete mastery over my body.  And sometimes my mind and body are in conflict.  But, yet, in these times, I am able to find an Islamic solution to the problem.

Anyway.. that was my perspective on the issue, hopefully you'll get to hear many perspectives on the issue and from it all you can gain some knowledge that will give you benefit.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 09:23:27 PM by Shakur Abdul-Latif's Definition Of Hip-Hop..by -Infinite- »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 07:24:31 PM »

AndrE16686

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 12:10:34 AM »
I find people can have immense knowledge, but actually using that knowledge is a totally different thing. For instance, I used to smoke heaps, those that smoke know what I mean, you wake in the morning and your lungs feel like shit. Then go and have a cigarette and a coffee. You know its bad,you got the knowledge, your body keeps telling you with each cough that it is bad, but  whether you actually listen is a totally different step.

My advice is start listening to what your body tells you. Let the body control your actions. If you got an itch.....

Grown Ass Kid

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 03:39:32 AM »
dog u just gotta exercise your body at a rate thats closer to the speed you exercise your mind. you're in school all day challenging your head, you go on dubcc exercising your brain, you need to work out more physically and I GUARANTEE YOU will feel better.

Narrator

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 04:03:08 AM »
Eat apples, practice martial arts, hop on either the treadmill or the ergometer (my choice) for a half hour at a constant pace, and, most importantly, train with firearms.  That is how you gain control over yourself and your destiny, and that is actually what Allah wills.  Not submission to the creator, but discovery of one's own divinity - provided you're black, of course.

Chief

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 07:32:43 AM »

Eat apples, practice martial arts, hop on either the treadmill or the ergometer (my choice) for a half hour at a constant pace, and, most importantly, train with firearms.  That is how you gain control over yourself and your destiny, and that is actually what Allah wills.  Not submission to the creator, but discovery of one's own divinity - provided you're black, of course.

haha

man i dont really know what you're talkin about? does your body not do what your mind tells it?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 07:54:03 AM »
man i dont really know what you're talkin about? does your body not do what your mind tells it?

I don't know. But hopefully I won't confuse the hell out of you, now that I'ma try an' explain it.

Maybe this goes for madd people up here as well. But my thoughts (mind) is completely different than my actions (body). The Overfiend really gave the best example, I suppose. Mind does one thang, body does another. :-\

herpes

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 10:30:43 AM »
work out, sleep right, and eat right.

Chief

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 07:20:14 PM »

I don't know. But hopefully I won't confuse the hell out of you, now that I'ma try an' explain it.

Maybe this goes for madd people up here as well. But my thoughts (mind) is completely different than my actions (body). The Overfiend really gave the best example, I suppose. Mind does one thang, body does another. :-\

nah i still dont get it QT  :-\

so, your thoughts are different to your actions? lets say you feel in your mind you're a good person, but then you go bash some kid for his lunch money? that kinda thing?

Elevz

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 05:59:30 AM »
QT you need to elaborate, because your description is rather vague. Therefore, here's a vague answer:

When your body and your mind aren't on "the same page together", that means there's a conflict somewhere. Either your mind is trying to overrule your body without succeeding, or your body's trying to overrule your mind without succeeding. What to do about this? End the battle on purpose: help one of the two win, or strengthen one so it can help the other.