Author Topic: T.I. Trap Muzik Appreciation Thread (A HIP-HOP CLASSIC)  (Read 695 times)

Lunatic

T.I. Trap Muzik Appreciation Thread (A HIP-HOP CLASSIC)
« on: May 19, 2007, 11:34:15 AM »
God damn, I'm listening to this album right now, and wow he came TIGHT on this. This album is a HIP-HOP classic, fuck a southern classic. He came so real and tight on so many tracks man. It's got something for everybody.

Most hip-hop fans don't mind a few commercial songs, and you got lets get away, 24s, rubber band man, and look what i got.

Then I don't even know what to call these tracks, so we gon call them "Real Shit" and that's No More Talk, I Can't Quit, Be Easy, Doin My Job.

For all the haters talking about his new album T.I. vs. T.I.P. bein somethin thats been done before, with cassidy, tyrese and so on, know that T.I. been on that alter ego shit since before them. Listen to the track on here T.I. vs. T.I.P., I think it's the greatest alter ego/concept rap of all time, no chorus at all, just straight spittin the whole track, with him goin back and forth with his alter ego, with him switchin up the ego every other line (you could tell, as he uses different voices).

Bezzle sees him hook up with legends Bun B, 8Ball, MJG, and the song is as good as the lineup looks. Pure southern classic, a real good track.

then he's got some real personal meaningful songs in Be Better Than Me & I Still Luv You, both showcase some real talent.

Another amazing track (with no chorus, just him straight rapping through the whole song, 1 big verse) is Long Live Da Game.

For everybody who reads this thread and is gonna say "this that dude with that what you know track, homie please" GIVE THIS ALBUM A LISTEN BEFORE CRITICISING ME OR IT. And if you did give it a listen, and didn't like it, I HIGHLY suggest you listen to it agian, and really really pay attention to the lyrics in songs like be easy, no more talk, doin my job, i can't quit, t.i. vs. t.i.p. and so on. Relate to tracks like i still luv you, if you from the hood, you can probably relate to a song like doin my job. Even if after that you still ain't seeing it like I do, then i shall respect your opinion ;)

For the critics who say this album shows that T.I. could make a classic album, ya wrong, THIS IS a classic album.

Leave ya thoughts ;)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

floatin_above_everything

Re: T.I. Trap Muzik Appreciation Thread (A HIP-HOP CLASSIC)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 11:46:19 AM »
Favorite joint "I Still Love You", nothing really stand out except for the singles, but another one of those albums you can bump front to back.

wcsoldier

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 11:47:53 AM »
Trap Muzik is his best album when it comes to consistency... I wasn't feelin his last two as a whole.. a hip hop classic ? Naw, a very good album yep

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 11:51:29 AM »
Trap Muzik is his best album when it comes to consistency... I wasn't feelin his last two as a whole.. a hip hop classic ? Naw, a very good album yep

I think T.I. is very underatted as an emcee due to his commercial success. Thing is, he's one of the only rappers who makes GOOD commercial tracks and bangers on his albums. Trap Muzik, Urban Legend and King are all albums I can listen to front to back. Gotta give Tip his props.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 11:55:27 AM »

I can respect your opinion, but I gave reasons to why I feel like it's a classic, whats your reasons for thinkin otherwise?

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 11:56:32 AM »
Favorite joint "I Still Love You", nothing really stand out except for the singles, but another one of those albums you can bump front to back.

I agree not a whole lot of stand out material, but that ain't somethin bad, all that means is when you pop in the album, instead of jumping to track 6, then to 12, then 3, you just play it begininng to end 8)

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 11:57:28 AM »

I think T.I. is very underatted as an emcee due to his commercial success. Thing is, he's one of the only rappers who makes GOOD commercial tracks and bangers on his albums. Trap Muzik, Urban Legend and King are all albums I can listen to front to back. Gotta give Tip his props.

yea he's DEF under-rated as an emcee because of all the success. Totally agreed on the GOOD commercial tracks side as well. I'm Serious is a great album as well, and his 4 albums with the P$C are good 2.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 12:01:14 PM »

yea he's DEF under-rated as an emcee because of all the success. Totally agreed on the GOOD commercial tracks side as well. I'm Serious is a great album as well, and his 4 albums with the P$C are good 2.

Damn, 4 P$C albums? I only heard 25 2 Life and I didn't like but 3-4 songs.

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 12:07:45 PM »

25 to life is the more recent one. I really enjoyed it man. T.I. was KILLIN the tracks he was on, I think since the impression was suppose to be left on the rest of the crew, and let them shine people didn't realise that, but T.I. murdered the tracks he was on. Must of been in a zone during them recording sessions.

After T.I. dropped his debut album "i'm serious" on arista records, we all know it flopped, and him & L.A. Reid decided it'd be best if they went seperate ways. T.I. and Jason Geter then formed the Grand Hustle label, and T.I. & The P$C did 3 street albums entitled "In Da Streets Vol.1, 2 & 3 (you probably recognize the name cause Top Back Remix was the lead single of In Da Streets Vol. 4, which is much different then the 1st 3). These street albums where what landed T.I. his deal over at atlantic. There held in a very high regard in Atlanta, being seen as local classics. I think after vol. 2 T.I. signed to atlantic, but they still dropped vol.3. They got some classic tracks like 404, Da P$C, Like Dis Here, Fuck Yo Back, I'm So High, Jackin For Beats 2K1 and so on. T.I. was really spitting on these as well.

If you'd like I can hook you up ;)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 12:09:57 PM by Lunatic 63 »

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 12:10:25 PM »

25 to life is the more recent one. I really enjoyed it man. T.I. was KILLIN the tracks he was on, I think since the impression was suppose to be left on the rest of the crew, and let them shine people didn't realise that, but T.I. murdered the tracks he was on. Must of been in a zone during them recording sessions.

After T.I. dropped his debut album "i'm serious" on arista records, we all know it flopped, and him & L.A. Reid decided it'd be best if they went seperate ways. T.I. and Jason Geter then formed the Grand Hustle label, and T.I. & The P$C did 3 street albums entitled "In Da Streets Vol.1, 2 & 3 (you probably recognize the name cause Top Back Remix was the lead single of In Da Streets Vol. 4, which is much different then the 1st 3). These street albums where what landed T.I. his deal over at atlantic. There held in a very high regard in Atlanta. I think after vol. 2 T.I. signed to atlantic, but they still dropped vol.3. They got some classic tracks like 404, Da P$C, Like Dis Here, Fuck Yo Back, I'm So High. Jackin For Beats 2K1 and so on.

That'd be dope I'll check em out. Fitting I just made my best of T.I. cd's yesterday thinkin I had all his albums. I always though the IDS series were just mixtapes, and I'm not a big mixtape listener so I'll give it a listen. 8)

Raphael

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 12:48:34 PM »
great album ..bumped the shit outta bezzle this week   

24's, no more talk, rubberband man, doin my job  some of my favorite tracks on the album 8)

classic album indeed.

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 12:54:11 PM »

After T.I. dropped his debut album "i'm serious" on arista records, we all know it flopped, and him & L.A. Reid decided it'd be best if they went seperate ways. T.I. and Jason Geter then formed the Grand Hustle label, and T.I. & The P$C did 3 street albums entitled "In Da Streets Vol.1, 2 & 3 (you probably recognize the name cause Top Back Remix was the lead single of In Da Streets Vol. 4, which is much different then the 1st 3). These street albums where what landed T.I. his deal over at atlantic. There held in a very high regard in Atlanta. I think after vol. 2 T.I. signed to atlantic, but they still dropped vol.3. They got some classic tracks like 404, Da P$C, Like Dis Here, Fuck Yo Back, I'm So High. Jackin For Beats 2K1 and so on.

That'd be dope I'll check em out. Fitting I just made my best of T.I. cd's yesterday thinkin I had all his albums. I always though the IDS series were just mixtapes, and I'm not a big mixtape listener so I'll give it a listen. 8)

there more like street albums.

Vol. 1 has 13 tracks, with 3 of them being T.I. solos that appear on the i'm serious album, 2 freestyle's, and 8 original songs (1 song by the group xtaci from grand hustle)

Vol. 2 has 20 tracks, (intro & outro included and 2 skits) and is more of an album then anything. Only thing that's not exactly original is it includes a remix to "dope boys" (which the normal version was the 2nd single off i'm serious) with foxy brown, and it has the bonecrusher song "never scared". No freestyles, the rest is original material

Vol. 3 feels more like a mixtape, because it includes some doubles from vol. 1 & 2, with some other songs appearing on other projects. It's still got a decent amount of original material.

I'll send you the links to your pm in a minute ;)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 01:03:40 PM by Lunatic 63 »

Lunatic

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 12:56:16 PM »
great album ..bumped the shit outta bezzle this week   

24's, no more talk, rubberband man, doin my job  some of my favorite tracks on the album 8)

classic album indeed.

finally someone who agrees with me 8)

wcsoldier

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 01:18:30 PM »

I can respect your opinion, but I gave reasons to why I feel like it's a classic, whats your reasons for thinkin otherwise?
There are very good songs on it and some just cool songs who aren't mind blowing.. that's why it's not a classic in my book... There are around 25 classic  albums in my book in hip hop history.. this work is threw away way too often

Lunatic

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2007, 01:19:36 PM »

There are very good songs on it and some just cool songs who aren't mind blowing.. that's why it's not a classic in my book... There are around 25 classic  albums in my book in hip hop history.. this work is threw away way too often

I completely agree that the word classic is thrown around to often now in days. I made it clear though in my O.G. post though why I feel it's a classic. Agree 2 disagree homeboy 8)