Author Topic: T.I. Trap Muzik Appreciation Thread (A HIP-HOP CLASSIC)  (Read 696 times)

floatin_above_everything

Re: T.I. Trap Muzik Appreciation Thread (A HIP-HOP CLASSIC)
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2007, 01:20:58 PM »
I dont care if the word classic is thrown around too much, anything I can bump front to back is a classic to me. 8)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2007, 01:23:19 PM »
Trap Muzik is his best album when it comes to consistency... I wasn't feelin his last two as a whole.. a hip hop classic ? Naw, a very good album yep

Trap Muzik, Urban Legend and King are all albums I can listen to front to back. Gotta give Tip his props.
word,its rare as hell especially nowadays to say something like that...until proven otherwise Tip runs this rap shit

Lunatic

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2007, 01:26:16 PM »
Trap Muzik is his best album when it comes to consistency... I wasn't feelin his last two as a whole.. a hip hop classic ? Naw, a very good album yep

Trap Muzik, Urban Legend and King are all albums I can listen to front to back. Gotta give Tip his props.
word,its rare as hell especially nowadays to say something like that...until proven otherwise Tip runs this rap shit

I love it because I called the shit 2 my homies back in like mid 03. Soon as I heard his apperance on "Never Scared" (i was to young to have heard him on i'm serious) i told my homies he was gonna run rap one day. My friends would laugh at me and shit, but I'm the one laughing now ;D

I instantly went to order I'm Serious & shortly after never scared dropped, 24s dropped, and the rest is history ;D

:) ;) ;D 8)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 01:27:51 PM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2007, 02:24:56 PM »
I like T.I., but I can't listen to him for 60 minutes straight.

Pretty much the same, actually I think T.I. is the shit, he always kills guest apperances, has 3/4 of great songs on the cds always, still when it comes to his albums, theyre well crafted, never weak but I can listen to the full album from T.I., once maybe, twice and then stop for like 2 months.

Its all about the taste tough, definetly looking forward to T.I. vs T.I.P,a ltough it looks like its gonna have way too many guests.

Oh and a classic ? Hell no. Your personal classic ? Yes.

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2007, 02:27:39 PM »
I like T.I., but I can't listen to him for 60 minutes straight.

Pretty much the same, actually I think T.I. is the shit, he always kills guest apperances, has 3/4 of great songs on the cds always, still when it comes to his albums, theyre well crafted, never weak but I can listen to the full album from T.I., once maybe, twice and then stop for like 2 months.

Its all about the taste tough, definetly looking forward to T.I. vs T.I.P,a ltough it looks like its gonna have way too many guests.

Oh and a classic ? Hell no. Your personal classic ? Yes.

yea I think T.I. vs. T.I.P. is shaping up to have to many guests, and not enough work with the usual suspects.

I explained why I think it's a classic, your turn to why it's not

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2007, 09:34:11 PM »
he sounds too much like Scooby Doo for me to really listen to him. 

he is good, i just dont like him...if that makes any sense.   :P

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 10:16:44 PM »
he sounds too much like Scooby Doo for me to really listen to him. 

he is good, i just dont like him...if that makes any sense.   :P

it's cool, that happens with alot of artists

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2007, 04:03:54 AM »

I think T.I. is very underatted as an emcee due to his commercial success. Thing is, he's one of the only rappers who makes GOOD commercial tracks and bangers on his albums. Trap Muzik, Urban Legend and King are all albums I can listen to front to back. Gotta give Tip his props.

yea he's DEF under-rated as an emcee because of all the success. Totally agreed on the GOOD commercial tracks side as well. I'm Serious is a great album as well, and his 4 albums with the P$C are good 2.

Damn, 4 P$C albums? I only heard 25 2 Life and I didn't like but 3-4 songs.

25 to life is the more recent one. I really enjoyed it man. T.I. was KILLIN the tracks he was on, I think since the impression was suppose to be left on the rest of the crew, and let them shine people didn't realise that, but T.I. murdered the tracks he was on. Must of been in a zone during them recording sessions.

After T.I. dropped his debut album "i'm serious" on arista records, we all know it flopped, and him & L.A. Reid decided it'd be best if they went seperate ways. T.I. and Jason Geter then formed the Grand Hustle label, and T.I. & The P$C did 3 street albums entitled "In Da Streets Vol.1, 2 & 3 (you probably recognize the name cause Top Back Remix was the lead single of In Da Streets Vol. 4, which is much different then the 1st 3). These street albums where what landed T.I. his deal over at atlantic. There held in a very high regard in Atlanta, being seen as local classics. I think after vol. 2 T.I. signed to atlantic, but they still dropped vol.3. They got some classic tracks like 404, Da P$C, Like Dis Here, Fuck Yo Back, I'm So High, Jackin For Beats 2K1 and so on. T.I. was really spitting on these as well.

If you'd like I can hook you up ;)

Hook me up playa

kemizt

XaNdEr

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2007, 04:08:43 AM »
Favorite joint "I Still Love You", nothing really stand out except for the singles, but another one of those albums you can bump front to back.

I agree not a whole lot of stand out material, but that ain't somethin bad, all that means is when you pop in the album, instead of jumping to track 6, then to 12, then 3, you just play it begininng to end 8)

That's what a whole lot of albums lack nowadays, they have one or 2 dope songs, the rest is commercial singles or trash, so i appreciate the Trap Muzik's, the Illmatic's and the Dogg Food's, not the poppy albums coming out nowadays. You have some real talk in this topic man, +1.

PiLL CliNtOn

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2007, 04:23:36 AM »
heeeeeeeeey lets get awaaaaaaaay
CURRENTLY BUMPIN

Lunatic

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2007, 07:07:42 AM »
Favorite joint "I Still Love You", nothing really stand out except for the singles, but another one of those albums you can bump front to back.

I agree not a whole lot of stand out material, but that ain't somethin bad, all that means is when you pop in the album, instead of jumping to track 6, then to 12, then 3, you just play it begininng to end 8)

That's what a whole lot of albums lack nowadays, they have one or 2 dope songs, the rest is commercial singles or trash, so i appreciate the Trap Muzik's, the Illmatic's and the Dogg Food's, not the poppy albums coming out nowadays. You have some real talk in this topic man, +1.

let the record show that xander said Trap Muzik, Illmatic, and Dogg Food ;)

lol. just messin around. Thanks alot dog, props right back at ya

Lunatic

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2007, 07:46:25 AM »

I think T.I. is very underatted as an emcee due to his commercial success. Thing is, he's one of the only rappers who makes GOOD commercial tracks and bangers on his albums. Trap Muzik, Urban Legend and King are all albums I can listen to front to back. Gotta give Tip his props.

yea he's DEF under-rated as an emcee because of all the success. Totally agreed on the GOOD commercial tracks side as well. I'm Serious is a great album as well, and his 4 albums with the P$C are good 2.

Damn, 4 P$C albums? I only heard 25 2 Life and I didn't like but 3-4 songs.

25 to life is the more recent one. I really enjoyed it man. T.I. was KILLIN the tracks he was on, I think since the impression was suppose to be left on the rest of the crew, and let them shine people didn't realise that, but T.I. murdered the tracks he was on. Must of been in a zone during them recording sessions.

After T.I. dropped his debut album "i'm serious" on arista records, we all know it flopped, and him & L.A. Reid decided it'd be best if they went seperate ways. T.I. and Jason Geter then formed the Grand Hustle label, and T.I. & The P$C did 3 street albums entitled "In Da Streets Vol.1, 2 & 3 (you probably recognize the name cause Top Back Remix was the lead single of In Da Streets Vol. 4, which is much different then the 1st 3). These street albums where what landed T.I. his deal over at atlantic. There held in a very high regard in Atlanta, being seen as local classics. I think after vol. 2 T.I. signed to atlantic, but they still dropped vol.3. They got some classic tracks like 404, Da P$C, Like Dis Here, Fuck Yo Back, I'm So High, Jackin For Beats 2K1 and so on. T.I. was really spitting on these as well.

If you'd like I can hook you up ;)

Hook me up playa

bout to hook you up with vol. 1-3

XaNdEr

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2007, 09:10:57 AM »

What do you mean? I don;t understand it.  ???

Lunatic

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2007, 09:12:21 AM »

What do you mean? I don;t understand it.  ???

for the people arguing that it ain't a classic album, you put it in the same category with illmatic & dogg food which are obvious classics

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2007, 09:17:48 AM »
Wow, people comparing Trap Muzik to ILLMATIC :o  I've officially seen it all at the Dub.  

I can understand any album being a personal classic to someone, but no way is this album on the level of The Chronic, Illmatic, It Takes A Nation of Millions, Midnight Marauders, Amerikkkas Most Wanted, 36 Chambers, Paid In Full, Criminal Minded, etc.  This album didn't revolutionize anything, it didn't change the way people view Hip Hop, it didn't explore unchartered territory.  

It's a decent mainstream album in an age of horrible over-commercialized crap.