Author Topic: T.I. Trap Muzik Appreciation Thread (A HIP-HOP CLASSIC)  (Read 693 times)

XaNdEr

Re: T.I. Trap Muzik Appreciation Thread (A HIP-HOP CLASSIC)
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2007, 09:20:59 AM »
Wow, people comparing Trap Muzik to ILLMATIC :o  I've officially seen it all at the Dub.  

I can understand any album being a personal classic to someone, but no way is this album on the level of The Chronic, Illmatic, It Takes A Nation of Millions, Midnight Marauders, Amerikkkas Most Wanted, 36 Chambers, Paid In Full, Criminal Minded, etc.  This album didn't revolutionize anything, it didn't change the way people view Hip Hop, it didn't explore unchartered territory.  

It's a decent mainstream album in an age of horrible over-commercialized crap.

I never said it was a classic like the other's, dont make up stories bitchass. I compared them to eachother cause all these albums TO ME are consistant and i can listen to them from track 1 to the end. So yeah, i could have put other albyums there, but those were just the ones coming to mind, don't twist my words though, faggot, cause next i know i got all these dickriders on my nuts again starting fueds and beefs. It's ok people are dissing me, it shows i upset people and that's only funny to me, but i have no time for other stuff. Thanks.  :)

Lunatic

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2007, 09:21:38 AM »
Wow, people comparing Trap Muzik to ILLMATIC :o  I've officially seen it all at the Dub. 

I can understand any album being a personal classic to someone, but no way is this album on the level of The Chronic, Illmatic, It Takes A Nation of Millions, Midnight Marauders, Amerikkkas Most Wanted, 36 Chambers, Paid In Full, Criminal Minded, etc.  This album didn't revolutionize anything, it didn't change the way people view Hip Hop, it didn't explore unchartered territory. 

I don't think xander was comparing TM to illmatic. He was saying it is 1 of those albums that you can bump front to back LIKE illmatic and so on. My original thread shows why i think its a classic.

To say it didn't inflence nobody is actually a lie, because many rappers have since tried 2 copy T.I.'s style, but nobody has done it as good or had as much success as the King 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

XaNdEr

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2007, 09:26:30 AM »
Oh one more thing, stop acting like it's impossible that another "Chronic" is coming out, you are waiting til another "gem" drops, just as bad as some fucking christians waiting for CHrist to return, don't believe the bullshit, start thinking for yourself. You are so focused on these "classics" that you fail to check the real classics coming out. A classic to you doesn't have to be the same for me you know, respect that and don't act like your opinion is the only truth.

Amerikkka's Most Wanted is aight but Lethal Injection was way better, and much more "classic" then the one you name. 36 Chambers, horrible sound, sound like this was thrown together in 1 day with a cassette recorder or something, The W or Iron Flag is a much better album.

Hell, Paid In Full, i never liked that album, i rather bump Trap Muzik, so now i am "fake" just cause my taste is different? Lol, you are definately crazy, i won;t waste time on people like you anymore, think what you want, but let others do the same. Thanks.  :)

Wow, people comparing Trap Muzik to ILLMATIC :o  I've officially seen it all at the Dub. 

I can understand any album being a personal classic to someone, but no way is this album on the level of The Chronic, Illmatic, It Takes A Nation of Millions, Midnight Marauders, Amerikkkas Most Wanted, 36 Chambers, Paid In Full, Criminal Minded, etc.  This album didn't revolutionize anything, it didn't change the way people view Hip Hop, it didn't explore unchartered territory. 

I don't think xander was comparing TM to illmatic. He was saying it is 1 of those albums that you can bump front to back LIKE illmatic and so on. My original thread shows why i think its a classic.

To say it didn't inflence nobody is actually a lie, because many rappers have since tried 2 copy T.I.'s style, but nobody has done it as good or had as much success as the King 8)

Stop defending yourself, you are right, he's not. He just gotta live with it, let the doggie be mad. Maybe Jome could go to DipCC, i bet he would feel much more comfortable over there. Lol.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 09:28:16 AM by Xander. »

Lunatic

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2007, 09:29:47 AM »
Oh one more thing, stop acting like it's impossible that another "Chronic" is coming out, you are waiting til another "gem" drops, just as bad as some fucking christians waiting for CHrist to return, don't believe the bullshit, start thinking for yourself. You are so focused on these "classics" that you fail to check the real classics coming out. A classic to you doesn't have to be the same for me you know, respect that and don't act like your opinion is the only truth.

Amerikkka's Most Wanted is aight but Lethal Injection was way better, and much more "classic" then the one you name. 36 Chambers, horrible sound, sound like this was thrown together in 1 day with a cassette recorder or something, The W or Iron Flag is a much better album.

Hell, Paid In Full, i never liked that album, i rather bump Trap Muzik, so now i am "fake" just cause my taste is different? Lol, you are definately crazy, i won;t waste time on people like you anymore, think what you want, but let others do the same. Thanks.  :)

yea I ain't hating, but I think people like that do pass up on the classics often. TM is 1 dog. Amerikkka's Most Wanted is great, but I'll take Death Certificate over it anyday.

Paul

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2007, 09:46:43 AM »

Hell, Paid In Full, i never liked that album, i rather bump Trap Muzik, so now i am "fake" just cause my taste is different? Lol, you are definately crazy, i won;t waste time on people like you anymore, think what you want, but let others do the same. Thanks.  :)

yea I ain't hating, but I think people like that do pass up on the classics often. TM is 1 dog. Amerikkka's Most Wanted is great, but I'll take Death Certificate over it anyday.

death certificate all day

i dont think iv heard the whole trap muzik album, iv got it so ill give it another listen and post my thoughts on it
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lunatic

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2007, 09:49:11 AM »

i dont think iv heard the whole trap muzik album, iv got it so ill give it another listen and post my thoughts on it

yea man DC shits on all of cube albums, although all of them are great 8)

Trap Muzik ain't really an album you gon take in your car, bump it, and enjoy it. You will a few songs (the quicker paced 1s) but I suggest that you just chill out in the pad, put and put it on man. Gotta pay attention to it dog. Read my original post before listening 2 it ;)

lookin forward to your thoughts

d-nice

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2007, 09:53:54 AM »

Trap Muzik ain't really an album you gon take in your car, bump it, and enjoy it. You will a few songs (the quicker paced 1s) but I suggest that you just chill out in the pad, put and put it on man. Gotta pay attention to it dog. Read my original post before listening 2 it ;)

24's sounds great in a system. I actually bump this on the regular in the ride. Well for me at least his whole catalogue I can play in the ride. I still play I'm Serious alot.

Lunatic

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »

24's sounds great in a system. I actually bump this on the regular in the ride. Well for me at least his whole catalogue I can play in the ride. I still play I'm Serious alot.

oo yea for sure there's some nice cuts for the ride. 24s, Look What I Got and so on. But the real tracks are real hard to appreciate in the ride. I'm Serious (track) BUMPS BIG TIME in da car 8)

All of his albums are great in there own way. Trap Muzik & Urban Legend being his most lyrical ones. King had some dope production, and he came tight on some tracks (Ride With Me reminded me of the trap muzik days). I'm Serious was more of a combo of decent lyrics and production. That song with Too $hort is fire 8)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2007, 10:00:34 AM »
Wow, people comparing Trap Muzik to ILLMATIC :o  I've officially seen it all at the Dub.  

I can understand any album being a personal classic to someone, but no way is this album on the level of The Chronic, Illmatic, It Takes A Nation of Millions, Midnight Marauders, Amerikkkas Most Wanted, 36 Chambers, Paid In Full, Criminal Minded, etc.  This album didn't revolutionize anything, it didn't change the way people view Hip Hop, it didn't explore unchartered territory.  

I never said it was a classic like the other's, dont make up stories bitchass. I compared them to eachother cause all these albums TO ME are consistant and i can listen to them from track 1 to the end. So yeah, i could have put other albyums there, but those were just the ones coming to mind, don't twist my words though, faggot, cause next i know i got all these dickriders on my nuts again starting fueds and beefs. It's ok people are dissing me, it shows i upset people and that's only funny to me, but i have no time for other stuff. Thanks.  :)

LOL, don't you know the rules of debate?  When you relegate yourself to personal insults you've already lost.  No need to be defensive.  Now take a deep breath and re-read my post.  I said I can understand ANY ALBUM being a personal classic to someone.  I've got loads of them.  But that doesn't mean that I'd make brash statements and define them as a Hip Hop classic because they are not. 

Hell, Paid In Full, i never liked that album, i rather bump Trap Muzik, so now i am "fake" just cause my taste is different? Lol, you are definately crazy, i won;t waste time on people like you anymore, think what you want, but let others do the same. Thanks.  :)

Damn homie, I really shook you with my statement huh?  Your taste is your taste, but your statements are showing a lack of maturity when it comes to Hip Hop.  And that's not a diss.  If you're a real Hip Hop fan lets have this convo in another 10 years.  If you're constantly digging and searching for Hip Hop with an insatiable appetite, you'll eventually understand the absolute brilliance of albums like 36 Chambers and Paid In Full.  I promise.

d-nice

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2007, 10:03:24 AM »
I don't know though if T.I. has a real classic in his catalogue. You have to remember there are ALOT of classics just in the South alone. Scarface, Outkast, Goodie Mob, Geto Boys, and a few others and for me at least I don't know if I would add TM to that list, but it is dope nonetheless.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2007, 10:05:14 AM »

Who has copied his style, and why did they fail?  Do you mean they didn't go platinum? Or his style is so complex that it can't be duplicated?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2007, 10:07:37 AM »
Stop defending yourself, you are right, he's not. He just gotta live with it, let the doggie be mad. Maybe Jome could go to DipCC, i bet he would feel much more comfortable over there. Lol.

LOL, step up your comprehension game brah.  It's Jrome, not Jome.  And why hate on DipCC?  They good peoples.  Quit trying to stir up net beef, that shit is gay holmes.

Lunatic

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2007, 10:08:07 AM »

Who has copied his style, and why did they fail?  Do you mean they didn't go platinum? Or his style is so complex that it can't be duplicated?

not that they failed, but they haven't been as succesful. I would say Jeezy is nearly a carbon copy of T.I., and Rick Ross is extremely similar as well. Ray Cash is another. But none of them have had the success that T.I. has had. Never as good as the original ;)

Ray Cash is dope, i'll give him that, he's the closest to T.I. in terms of skill level

Also, I doubt T.I. was the first 1, but I honestly had not heard of "the trap" before T.I. began rapping about it. Now you can hear "trap" in just about every song that comes outta atlanta. Agian, I'm NOT saying T.I. was the first to rap about the trap (I don't know if any1 before him has, but i'd be suprised if nobody had) but NO DOUBT, since T.I. dropped Trap Muzik, you've heard raps about the trap WAY more often
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 10:18:34 AM by Lunatic 63 »

Lunatic

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2007, 10:09:44 AM »
I don't know though if T.I. has a real classic in his catalogue. You have to remember there are ALOT of classics just in the South alone. Scarface, Outkast, Goodie Mob, Geto Boys, and a few others and for me at least I don't know if I would add TM to that list, but it is dope nonetheless.

I respect your opinion. I can't wait to do Face, Kast, GB catalogue. I've heard alot of Kast (there my bros fav. group) but not all of it. Like I said in my o.g. post, I have my own reasons to why I believe it's a classic.

d-nice

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2007, 10:37:54 AM »

I respect your opinion. I can't wait to do Face, Kast, GB catalogue. I've heard alot of Kast (there my bros fav. group) but not all of it. Like I said in my o.g. post, I have my own reasons to why I believe it's a classic.

Yeah I would have to listen to that album again. I think T.I. did so much bragging and boasting about being the King Of The South that it made me expect some out of this world music to make a statement like that and I never got that from him. But no one called his hand on it so I guess he is the King of the South.  ;D But I am a fan of his music and he does have some dope albums.