Author Topic: So What's Acid Like?  (Read 1183 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: So What's Acid Like?
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2007, 04:19:23 AM »
if you're generally thinking about what most people would call weird shit, then i can safely say acid is NOT for you. if you have the right environment etc (chilling in a room with some friends, got some mellow music happening (not gangsta rap)), then you should be set
yeah, I think the mind-set/environment thing is really important. I consider myself a pretty stable person, so I don't think I'd freak the fuck out, still since I'm also a pretty cautious person when it comes to drugs (had a few real bad nights of drinking and smoked weed and hash, but that's about where it stops), I don't think I'm gonna try acid. I'm just kinda curious about it...and lol @ gangsta rap, I think that's about the worst thing you could put on, besides gothic, metal or industrial or sumthin. I'd go with the straight '67 hippie shit.......

and good luck to you man, that's a pretty tough situation you're in. At least you still got a job, a wife, etc, I mean, there's people who end up fucking hermits on HPPD, or at least that's what I've heard. I guess it's really a matter of how much you take, too

and btw, to the guy talking about addiction: While LSD has its dangers, there is no such thing as physical addiction. It's like weed, you can become  an addict in a mental way, but not physically...only weed is often laced with tobacco, hence nicotine and you know about that one...

The Watcher

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2007, 05:07:38 AM »
you just gotta get on with life. i get some pretty awesome memory lapses though, so i'm kinda uneasy about driving a car by myself for the obvious reasons. sometimes i will forget about the drug thing and be sitting at my desk, then see something run across it and be like 'wtf?!', then it all comes back. doing lsd probably wasn't the smartest thing since i wasnt the most stable person in the first place, but if you're in the right environment it can't be all bad anyway. the way i figure it, i seem to have got the worst for atleast another 10 people doing acid, so a few people on here probably have a free run for now
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2007, 07:18:49 AM »
Anybody talking shit about Grundy, clearly hasn't ever talked to dude... He's one of the coolest fuckin dudes on dubcc, and he's real. I don't know you QuietTruth you always come off real cool, but how come it's so weird for you that people experiment with drugs? How old are you? You ever tried weed? I'm not saying it's the thing to do AT ALL trust me, you're better off if you don't, I just think it's weird that you're so surprised that people smoke weed or try drugs, especially on a Hip-Hop forum..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2007, 11:26:03 AM »
Anybody talking shit about Grundy, clearly hasn't ever talked to dude... He's one of the coolest fuckin dudes on dubcc, and he's real. I don't know you QuietTruth you always come off real cool, but how come it's so weird for you that people experiment with drugs? How old are you? You ever tried weed? I'm not saying it's the thing to do AT ALL trust me, you're better off if you don't, I just think it's weird that you're so surprised that people smoke weed or try drugs, especially on a Hip-Hop forum..

Dude's still a child...You know how it's like when you're a little kid, always hearing all this shit about drugs and telling yourself "I'm never gunna do drugs! Why the hell would anyone do that anyways?"...I'm pretty sure QuietTruth is still stuck in that stage.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2007, 11:27:17 AM »
Nah, I just don't like drugs and I don't think it's weird but I can't figure out why somebody would wanna to that to their selves. I mean, why 'try' it for? What's the purpose, to get a feeling of being high? I don't criticize anybody talking drugs or using them, who am I to do that? Ya know?

And also I guarantee half of anybody talking drugs like this, STARTED with weed. Everybody's like, 'yeah yeah I smoke weed and that's all I'ma do or all that I do'. I'd bet my life, in a couple more years they'd be on something way bigger. Chanellege me all ya'll want, but I guarantee it. And I don't wanna see, a person throw away they life over something of an exuse like 'I liked the feeling' or 'everybody does it' and I would say alot more about it but 1.) It wouldn't go over well with alot of people on here and 2.) don't wanna go off topic.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2007, 11:28:20 AM »

Dude's still a child...You know how it's like when you're a little kid, always hearing all this shit about drugs and telling yourself "I'm never gunna do drugs! Why the hell would anyone do that anyways?"...I'm pretty sure QuietTruth is still stuck in that stage.

Homie we on the same level so stop tryin' to make me dumb. We on the same level, so stop denyin' it my dude.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2007, 11:32:00 AM »

Homie we on the same level so stop tryin' to make me dumb. We on the same level, so stop denyin' it my dude.

LOL@"we on the same level"...I never said I'm better than you. I don't think that about any human being, cuz we're all on an equal basis...I'm just obviously way more experienced and knowledgeable. But that's okay. You're not expected to be more experienced and knowledgeable than someone who has years on you, so don't get too offended...PeACe

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2007, 11:33:14 AM »

LOL@"we on the same level"...I never said I'm better than you. I don't think that about any human being, cuz we're all on an equal basis...I'm just obviously way more experienced and knowledgeable. But that's okay. You're not expected to be more experienced and knowledgeable than someone who has years on you, so don't get too offended...PeACe

Homie, you got like one year on me, we can be in the same class. :laugh: LMAO!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2007, 11:34:29 AM »

Homie, you got like one year on me, we can be in the same class. :laugh: LMAO!!

Same class? LOL! I graduated high school 3 years ago.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »
i'm not down with the lingo, but i think it would be 6 hits in the span of 2 hours. this shit has fucked me up for life as i have said, i regret doing it now after whats happened to me, but my wife knows the story and looks out for me so its cool, the only other problem i have now is i'm really awkward in social situations, so i limit the amount of people i can be around at any one time without freaking out. starting a new job or whatever for me is my worst nightmare, only have a few friends etc since its all i can deal with

enough about me though. if you're generally thinking about what most people would call weird shit, then i can safely say acid is NOT for you. if you have the right environment etc (chilling in a room with some friends, got some mellow music happening (not gangsta rap)), then you should be set

I have only tried it once, but I didn't feel anything because I was fried at the time. Friends say that it was the trips that fucked up another mate of mine, he's all good now, but I think he's still on meds.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2007, 10:26:03 AM »
Nah, I just don't like drugs and I don't think it's weird but I can't figure out why somebody would wanna to that to their selves. I mean, why 'try' it for? What's the purpose, to get a feeling of being high? I don't criticize anybody talking drugs or using them, who am I to do that? Ya know?

And also I guarantee half of anybody talking drugs like this, STARTED with weed. Everybody's like, 'yeah yeah I smoke weed and that's all I'ma do or all that I do'. I'd bet my life, in a couple more years they'd be on something way bigger. Chanellege me all ya'll want, but I guarantee it. And I don't wanna see, a person throw away they life over something of an exuse like 'I liked the feeling' or 'everybody does it' and I would say alot more about it but 1.) It wouldn't go over well with alot of people on here and 2.) don't wanna go off topic.

That's reasonable talk, but I don't agree entirely...see, I don't wanna glorify anything, and I'm on no esoteric hippie shit either, but the experience of certain drugs that alter your perception can probably be quite interesting. I mean, it's not like it turns you into some kind of junkie, it ain't crack or heroin we're talking about. So as for "doing that to yourself", in the case of many drugs it's likely the effects are largely or even entirely positive...it's not as simple as DRUG = DRUG,if you know what I mean.

Of course many people start with weed, but you might as well "start" with alcohol. And as for myself, whatever I'd try, it wouldn't have shit to do with weed, cause I stopped smoking weed a whole while ago. Weed getting people into some kind of obscure junkie ass drug scene is, to a large extent, a cliché

acgrundy

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2007, 10:58:19 AM »
Quiettruth is just a simple minded fool who has been brainwashed by society.  Drugs have just been labled.  You can replace what most people know as drugs (weed, coke, acid, etc) with other things that aren't labled as drugs.  A great example is video games.  There is a lot of people who play so much video games, and get so addicted to playing video games, that it is just as bad if not worse than a drug addiction.  I have had roommates who pretty much did nothing more than play videogames...they would skip class to play video games, stay up very late or all night playing video games, get off work and immediately play video games until they went to sleep, got up went to work, came home and did it all again.  Basically not being social at all.  Hell, at least when I smoked a ton of weed I would still hang out with people, get work around the house done, search for a better job, workout, play sports, etc.  So you explain to me how me doing "drugs" was so bad, yet people addicted to video games is way better than doing "drugs"?

Micheal Jordan gambles A LOT.  He's lost millions at gambling, but does anyone ever label him as a degenerate gambler?  No.  But many, many, many people who have lost a lot less than him are labled as that, have to go to meeting, and are known as having a gambling problem.  Why doesn't Jordan get labled like that?  Its because he has tons of money, and when he loses, it doesn't affect his life...he's not gambling away his last $100 in his savings account...he has a handle on what he is doing.  My point is, some people can take drugs, and have a handle on the situation and know what they are getting into, and what they are doing, and when they are crossing the line.  And some people can't take drugs without knowing that stuff.  Basically it all comes down to the person, and not the "drug" or "video game", or "gambling" or what ever it is that you do.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2007, 11:54:40 AM »
^ Homie, you're getting on a whole another path, I ain't tryin' to get into.

I'm just tryin' to tell it like it is.

And I understand ya'll, I get ya'll. And Kill, I ain't calling you a junkie my dude. People who could use a drug and not get addicted, well more power to ya. Seriously. That's crazy right there.

We could have tons of examples like Acgrundy is gettin' into, cuz when it comes down to it, everythang is bad for you. But I'm sayin', it's a drug and there's no benefit that you could get from it but a high and that's why I'm sayin' allll this..

acgrundy

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2007, 01:13:04 PM »
^ Homie, you're getting on a whole another path, I ain't tryin' to get into.

I'm just tryin' to tell it like it is.

And I understand ya'll, I get ya'll. And Kill, I ain't calling you a junkie my dude. People who could use a drug and not get addicted, well more power to ya. Seriously. That's crazy right there.

We could have tons of examples like Acgrundy is gettin' into, cuz when it comes down to it, everythang is bad for you. But I'm sayin', it's a drug and there's no benefit that you could get from it but a high and that's why I'm sayin' allll this..

thats where you are once again 100% wrong...you may think you are telling it like it is, but you are wrong, you are telling it how YOU THINK it is.  How the fuck do you know whether or not someone gets a personal benefit from drugs?  Its all up to the person.  Some people get crazy revalations in their lives from tripping off acid.  Now I'm not condoning drugs, but I can't stand people trying to talk about something, when they have no fucking clue what they are talking about.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2007, 01:50:15 PM »
^ Right.....

Tell me a personal benefit from drugs? Getting high??