Author Topic: What is the most disappointing album of all time ?  (Read 1049 times)

Re: What is the most disappointing album of all time ?
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2007, 11:51:09 AM »
restless-was dope, but shoulda been classic
the last meal-dope, but shoulda been classic

wu tang's double disc-ugh, don't get me started

it was written-needed more Premier and Dre, less others

sdds-shoulda been way better imo

and I don't know who expects a classic out of anything with the word 'presents' in it.

-T
triumph is one of my favorite songs ever but most of the album seems completely unfocused. beats wack with one layered and poorly chosen samples. lyrically its sharp but lacks the direction and style of 36 chamber making it boring. now i'm not sure if i would call any double album flawless but this is about as far as any respected artists(s) has gotten from it especially after leading people on with their single greatest song.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2007, 11:59:21 AM »
bob dylan has some live albums I would call flawless, but you right I can't think of a flawless studio double lp.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

Lunatic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2007, 12:04:44 PM »
Just some personal choices here:

Boo Yaa Tribe - West Koasta Nostra-- The guest lineup looked SOOOO dope (mack 10, kurupt, knoc-turn'al, eminem, b-real, gail gotti, mr. short khop, wc, crooked i, eastwood, kokane) so i was expecting a dope album, and in reality it sucked, MAYBE avg. at best

Boys N Da Hood - Self Titled-- First single was dope, I thought we where about to have another dope southern group, and the album was relatively weak

Lloyd Banks - Rotten Apple--First album was DOPE, and I expected banks to turn around the unit's luck (both sales & quality) and he failed just as bad as everyone else on the unit recently before him on both accounts

Mack 10 - Bang Or Ball-- I had heard the 3 singles before buying the album. One of those albums where I thought would be dope (because the 3 singles where AMAZING) and I had always contemplated copping it for a while. When I finally did, I realised the album sucked, and besides the 3 singles, the album had another 3-4 good songs

Memphis Bleek - 534-- M.A.D.E. was such a dope album, I saw the album hella cheap and I had really loved the single round here, so i copped it, and it was sick. Then 534 followed up and was str8 ass

Mobb Deep - Blood Money--Obvious reasons

Slim Thug - Already Platinum--I really liked 3 kings & like a boss, so I bought the album, and it was FILLED with fillers and very few good tracks here and there

Snoop Dogg - Game Is To Be Sold, NotTo Be Told - Straight garbage. Like 4-5 good songs only

Tony Yayo - Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon--Banks & Buck 1st album where amazing, and Yayo KILLED guest apperances here and there, and this album was wack. Even the good songs where good because either the production or guests

Young Jeezy - Both Albums--He's not someone that I don't like, he's cool, but both his albums are either wack or avg.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2007, 12:05:40 PM »

Eminem - Encore, I was so highly anticipating that album, I thought it was going to push the bar and set a new standard, wrong could I be!

wcsoldier

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2007, 12:09:06 PM »

and I don't know who expects a classic out of anything with the word 'presents' in it.

-T
triumph is one of my favorite songs ever but most of the album seems completely unfocused. beats wack with one layered and poorly chosen samples. lyrically its sharp but lacks the direction and style of 36 chamber making it boring. now i'm not sure if i would call any double album flawless but this is about as far as any respected artists(s) has gotten from it especially after leading people on with their single greatest song.
the 1st cd of Wu 4ever is GREAT, the 2nd is weak

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2007, 12:54:13 PM »
Lloyd Banks - Rotten Apple
Eminem - Encore
Redman - Red Gone Wild
D12 - D12 World
Obie Trice - Second Round's On Me

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Permenent Resident of 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2007, 09:07:15 PM »
1.  Snoop- The Doggfather-  Snoop had never missed once, and never released a bad song, yet.  He was the king of the rap world.  With 2pac's Death, everybody in hip-hop, especially the West Coast and Death Row; desperately needed Snoop to come through with somethin spectacular.  He had never dissapointed before, so we had no reason to expect that he would.  Also, it had been like 3 years since Doggystyle, so anticipation had been biulding for 3 years for the follow up.   I was still under 16, so I had to have one of my older friends leave school on his lunch break to pick it up for me that day.  I listened to that whole damn album, AND NOT ONE CERTIFIED BANGER!!  "Blueberry" was probably the closest thing to a banger and he was barely even on that damn song.

2.  Snoop-  The Game Is To Be Sold...-    He was still my favorite rapper at this time, and he had signed with the biggest record label in hip-hop, and this album was just aweful.  From beggining to end.  This was my low point as a hip-hop head.

3.  Royce-  "Rock City"  -  I had always been expecting him to be the next big artist ever since I heard him with Em on all the Bad Meets Evil stuff.  Also, the first single, "Rock City" I felt like that should have blown up.  But it turned out that his Bad Meets Evil stuff with Em, and his unreleased tracks like the "Thrown Is Mine" or rare tracks from his bootleg album were incredible like "I'm The King" or "King of the Kings"... "Money".. "The Desert" all of them were dope.  But the stuff on his real album couldn't compare, the beats were wack,k and his lyrics were pointless.

"I will make records as big or bigger than Death Row".   -Dre, Source 1996

"I didn't do nothing but make people money and I didn't leave nobody high and dry.  Any album (on death row) people are going to check for.  But it's time for Dre to worry about Dre.  I'm focused on the new Snoop Doggs, not like that but you know what I mean."

Dre -  Source 1996 cover

"Eminem will be bigger than Michael Jackson as long as he doesn't change."

-Dre, Rolling Stones mag 1999 Em cover

West Coast Veteran

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2007, 10:10:31 PM »
tha doggfather

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2007, 07:47:01 AM »
I don't know why everybody seems so shocked about "Blood Money". I mean, ain't like it came right after Hell on Earth...

wcsoldier

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2007, 07:57:43 AM »
^^^^ yep... plus it's not like we didn't know, before the release that the album was gonna be influenced by the G Unit sound... without mentionning A. Nightmares was weak  so I don't know what they all expected

D-Lyte

• Lil Geezy
  • Offline Offline
  • Get Stupid
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2007, 09:13:53 AM »
Mobb Deep-Blood Money

Llyod Banks-Rotten Apple

NaS-Street's Disciple

Dr.Dre-Detox (so much hype and most likely it ain't gonn' be released)
【●▶ᎽᎯᎽ ᎯᏒᏋᎯ◀●】

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2007, 11:53:08 AM »
Mobb deep blood money...
Eminem...everything after MMLP..
Snoop..Everything after Doggystyle.
Jay-Z- Kingdom Come
Nas- Streets Deciple
Both Banks cds were weak and i listened to once.
Redman- Red Gone Wild.
Method Mans latest.
D12- d12 world

I can't believe somebody said 2001. I had that shit on repeat for months after that.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2007, 08:44:38 PM »

I can't believe somebody said 2001. I had that shit on repeat for months after that.

word

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2007, 12:52:38 AM »
The Sound of Revenge
Most of the beats were boring and the topics he rapped about didn't interrest me either. Only a few songs that I liked. Quite dissapointment to me.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Paul

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Salute
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2007, 11:48:15 AM »

:o

one of my fav albums ever, not flawless, a few weak tracks but overall a very enjoyable hour and a half
funkyfreshintheflesh

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2007, 01:50:09 PM »
If you count, Nightmares, Have a Party and Outta Control remix as blood money tracks, its not as bad as people think. Too many 50 Cent features though.

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2007, 02:03:42 PM »
wu-tang forever!i remember to this day how fuckin dissapointed i was after first listen

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Permenent Resident of 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2007, 02:16:15 PM »
wu-tang forever!i remember to this day how fuckin dissapointed i was after first listen

Wu-Tang Forever did not dissapoint!  It lived up to the hype.

That album was dope, actually, it probably had as many bangers as their first album.  The only difference was it contained a lot of filler tracks so they could stretch it out to being a double album.

But the tracks I've listed below are of the same quality as the first album....

"Triumph"
"Re-United"
"For Heavenz Sake"
"It's Yourz"

"I will make records as big or bigger than Death Row".   -Dre, Source 1996

"I didn't do nothing but make people money and I didn't leave nobody high and dry.  Any album (on death row) people are going to check for.  But it's time for Dre to worry about Dre.  I'm focused on the new Snoop Doggs, not like that but you know what I mean."

Dre -  Source 1996 cover

"Eminem will be bigger than Michael Jackson as long as he doesn't change."

-Dre, Rolling Stones mag 1999 Em cover

Paul

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Salute
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2007, 04:18:07 PM »

whoa at you sig :o, who are they?

Wu-Tang Forever did not dissapoint!  It lived up to the hype.

That album was dope, actually, it probably had as many bangers as their first album.  The only difference was it contained a lot of filler tracks so they could stretch it out to being a double album.

But the tracks I've listed below are of the same quality as the first album....

"Triumph"
"Re-United"
"For Heavenz Sake"
"It's Yourz"

the beat on for heavenz sake= 8)
funkyfreshintheflesh

Invincible

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2007, 07:10:42 PM »
Method Mans latest.

No way. Tical 0: The Prequel was easily his worst album. His last album was his best album since Tical. Some fillers but i can listen to over half the songs.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2007, 07:56:26 PM »
god damn soulful ;D

1980DRE

• 'G'
  • Offline Offline
  • Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week...
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2007, 09:41:42 PM »
The Re-up (Except "You Don't Know")
Late Registration
2nd Round's on Me
The Big Bang

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline

Grown Ass Kid

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2007, 03:40:28 AM »

-T

nigga if you dont like 2001 you do not belong on this board and should delete your account right now because you have wack taste in hip hop

trappedinhell

• Lil Geezy
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2007, 07:11:49 AM »
snoop dogg-R&G
http://www.myspace.com/dipset9987
Hip Hop isn't dead...but is slowly getting taken out....