Author Topic: My Opinions on Interscope- MAY 07  (Read 333 times)

d-nice

Re: My Opinions on Interscope- MAY 07
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2007, 01:11:50 PM »
In today's market it did good numbers. That was on Em and Interscope if they wanted to do a 2nd single, which if you are setting up your new artists and you want people to hear them, it would make sense to have a single or video showcasing them (Booby Creek, Stat-Quo, etc). But it moved units not because of 50, but because Eminem was behind it, people wanted to see if he still had it, and because there was a unreleased Proof verse on there. That is all the promo you need.

Yea. I thought it was garbage though. The new artists pretty much suck or are average. Stat Quo was a breath of fresh air on it though, the best artist on that album INCLUDING em, 50 etc.

I don't think many ppl bought it just for the proof verse, which was DOPE bty 8)

That was one of the first questions people asked when they heard about the project. Em even announced it so he knew people wanted to hear it. I don't understand why artists would not capitalize off of the buzz on a compilation. Eminem could have set up his artists nicely.

Lunatic

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2007, 01:15:32 PM »
In today's market it did good numbers. That was on Em and Interscope if they wanted to do a 2nd single, which if you are setting up your new artists and you want people to hear them, it would make sense to have a single or video showcasing them (Booby Creek, Stat-Quo, etc). But it moved units not because of 50, but because Eminem was behind it, people wanted to see if he still had it, and because there was a unreleased Proof verse on there. That is all the promo you need.

Yea. I thought it was garbage though. The new artists pretty much suck or are average. Stat Quo was a breath of fresh air on it though, the best artist on that album INCLUDING em, 50 etc.

I don't think many ppl bought it just for the proof verse, which was DOPE bty 8)

That was one of the first questions people asked when they heard about the project. Em even announced it so he knew people wanted to hear it. I don't understand why artists would not capitalize off of the buzz on a compilation. Eminem could have set up his artists nicely.

True, that Proof verse was HEAT

I guess there's more to it then we know. To Em's defense Cashis dropping (not sure if it did already) that EP, and Stat is suppose to be dropping his album in august. I know he could do more though
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 01:28:01 PM »
That's true. It got Ca$his a little buzz for his EP so it's all good I guess.

Lunatic

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2007, 01:42:04 PM »
That's true. It got Ca$his a little buzz for his EP so it's all good I guess.

yee, and i'm assuming interscope follows through with the stat album
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2007, 11:29:24 AM »

A MAJOR BIG FIGURE INVOLVED IN THE MARKETING, PROMOTION AND EVERYONE TO DO WITH BIG INTERSCOPE RELEASES (Especially GTODT) LEFT AWHILE AGO AND WENT TO WARNER BROS AND IS NOW FOCUSED ON PRIMING THEIR ASYLUM RECORDS DIVISION.

yup.. that guy is Kevin Black.. he was way too integral in the interscope system. he basically headed up their entire urban department and all their rap/R&B shit.. kevin "bet on black".. that was his nickname, cos that fool made things happen.... i definitely think the interscope urban dept is going to suffer big time from his departure..

Hahah yup.

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2007, 12:06:43 PM »
the king shut the fuck up man

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2007, 09:29:05 PM »
can someone write down who is on what? Like i know Dre and anything affiliated is on interscope...
Geffen is with universal who else is with them?