Author Topic: 50's New Album Pushed back to SEPTEMBER  (Read 874 times)

Woodrow

50's New Album Pushed back to SEPTEMBER
« on: May 25, 2007, 09:45:03 AM »
50 Cent’s New Album, Curtis, Moves From June 26th To New Release Date September 4th

Santa Monica, CA – May 24, 2007 – 50 Cent’s new album Curtis, which was previously scheduled to be released on June 26th, will now be released on September 4, 2007. With the album near completion and unable to make the original June date, a simultaneous worldwide release necessitated a push until September.

“I’m an international artist. My fans worldwide deserve to receive my album at the same time as my fans here in the US. Taking that into consideration moving the album to September was a necessary course of action,” states 50 Cent.

50 Cent is by no means taking the summer off. His first major performance will be June 26th on the BET Awards. For the first time ever, BET will let the fans decide which song 50 Cent will perform on the show. Text BANK to 23898 to vote for "Straight to the Bank" or text PARK to 23898 to vote for "Amusement Park". Tune into the show to see the winning performance.

http://www.50cent.com/news/default.aspx?nid=7994

With both of his singles falling off the top 100 is this a smart thing to do? Anybody else think this could be a negotiating tactic by Iovine after that Warner Bros info came out?

TRG

Re: 50's New Album Pushed back to SEPTEMBER
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 09:47:07 AM »
this is bullshit, i thought end of june was perfect for him to drop, and gives 5 months to drop another Aftermath album eg Statlanta.. but if he's pushed back to september now, then that most likely means Stat will come early 2008, and then Detox will be pushed even further back AGAIN, and what about Raekwons album?! ..Aftermath sucks

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 09:53:03 AM »
What a surprise. ::)

wcsoldier

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 09:56:48 AM »
Lol at the reason.. you tell me the weren't able to anticipate the number of CDs they have to press for a worlwide release til NOW... I don't buy it, that's a BS reason.. anyways Interscope/Aftermath are a joke... Dre should bring his label onto another umbrella.. but after all he prefers to collect dollars and be Iovine bitch by not using his power  :-X... Watch out for Bishop in 2009,  :-X

Woodrow

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 10:12:36 AM »
XXLMag.com has confirmed that the release date for 50 Cent’s new LP, Curtis, has been pushed back to September 4. The highly anticipated album, 50’s third, was previously set for a June 26 release.     

“Yes it’s true my album has been pushed back because it wasn’t delivered to the plant in order to be distributed and delivered world wide so it has to be pushed back, 50 told XXLMag.com. “June 26th was the last date I could put it out internationally until September. I am disappointed in Interscope for being reactive instead of proactive.

In related news Glaceau, the makers of Vitamin Water, has been purchased by the Coca-Cola Corporation for $4.1 billion. One of the more popular flavors of the drink is the 50 Cent branded grape flavored Formula 50. “Today is 5/25 and it’s a beautiful day and I’m displaying my beautiful smile in beautiful way, It’s beautiful to be alive on 5/25, 50 said of the sale. “We sold Vitamin Water for $4.1 billion dollars to Coco-Cola! Ha-ha-ha!”

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=10432

Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 10:13:33 AM »
Somebody tell 50 Cent that I can't bump a Vitamin Water buyout in my stereo...

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 10:34:26 AM »
What is the Warner Bros info?

Woodrow

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 10:37:53 AM »
http://www.allhiphop.com/rumors/?ID=1288

50 Cent IS Laughing Straight To The Bank!

Word is the Warner Bros./Asylum is really gunning for 50 now (no pun intended). 50's contract is almost up at Interscope and word is Kevin Liles has thrown a cool $95 mill/4 CD contract at him. There is no word on what 50 had to say about it but Fif only has 2 more cd's on his Interscope contract. With "Before I Self Destruct" already halfway done and his "Greatest Hits" album ready to drop in 08', things will get pretty interesting. 50 owns most of G-Unit Records,books, & clothing. Where ever this man goes, the execs will be screamin' "balllinnnn", especially at Warner since that's Jim Jones' label home.

Sure it's in the rumors section but it didn't get there by accident.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 11:20:38 AM by www.lyay.net »

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 11:19:02 AM »
Why are all you people blaming Aftermath? Interscope decides the release dates... not Aftermath.

wcsoldier

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 11:25:31 AM »
^^^^
1) Dre seems comfortable with the pushbacks.. never did anything to change this situation

2) Blame Dre to stay on Interscope... Dre, Em and 50 are so rich.. why don't they care about making the music they want and release the cds when they are finished, not years after.. actually at least 50 said a few times Interscope fucked it up

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 11:36:03 AM »
WTF, now thats some bullshit. 50 had everything planned, the bet performance on the release date, the videos, the apperances. God damn, he must be pissed.

Im 100% he'll leave Interscope now. But being pushed back pretty much rules out the BISD album in Feb 04. Maybe hell make it a double album in September.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 11:40:01 AM »
^^^^
1) Dre seems comfortable with the pushbacks.. never did anything to change this situation

2) Blame Dre to stay on Interscope... Dre, Em and 50 are so rich.. why don't they care about making the music they want and release the cds when they are finished, not years after.. actually at least 50 said a few times Interscope fucked it up

Yeah I agree with you there... it just seemed Aftermath was being blamed for release dates, but yeah I wish they'd fuckin' leave Interscope already (unless there's some contract obligations we don't know about).

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 11:43:09 AM »
WTF, now thats some bullshit. 50 had everything planned, the bet performance on the release date, the videos, the apperances. God damn, he must be pissed.

Im 100% he'll leave Interscope now. But being pushed back pretty much rules out the BISD album in Feb 04. Maybe hell make it a double album in September.

Exactly, he just put out 2 new videos. And thats not just a push back, its like 4 months. I wouldn't be surprised if 50 flops.

wcsoldier

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 11:44:20 AM »
^^^^^yeah, without mentionning the release of 2 videos which are now useless  :-X.. people working at Interscope look so amateurish , they keep gettin worst and worst ... yeah he should release a double in September then release a greatest hits beginning of 08 and left... let Dre working on Detox(scheduled for after Global Warnin destroyed the earth) and schedule Bishop in 2011, Raekwon (hmm never) , Stat Quo ( who gives a fuck)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 11:59:26 AM »
And thats such a bs exuse about that international release date. WTF is that. I highly doubt they did it (becuase what someone said before of the singles) because Straight To The Bank had 50s highest debut on the Billboard top 100 (nb. 32) and it was the most d/l song from 50 Cent on Itunes. So, it must be something with Interscope.

He is gonna flop big time now (by his standards). Like I said he had everything planned, just read about that Vitamin water deal and commercia, new Vibe coverl.... Unless he reinvents himself completley and starts griding from scratch yet again. Lets not forget Kanye is also set to drop in September. Plus Dre, Bishop, everybody get pushed back now.

The only posistive thing about this is Amusement Park not making the cut (most likely).

Fuck Interscope. Fuck 50.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 12:12:19 PM by Timbo the king »