Author Topic: 50's New Album Pushed back to SEPTEMBER  (Read 879 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50's New Album Pushed back to SEPTEMBER
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 12:04:32 PM »
50 Cent's Curtis Release Pushed To September
Last-minute additions, international release cause delay.

By Shaheem Reid and Jayson Rodriguez, with additional reporting by Tim Kash

It looks like the unstoppable force that is 50 Cent has to slow down just a little: The release of his highly anticipated third album, Curtis, is being pushed back.

Unable to make its original June 26 date (see "50 Cent Talks Timberlake Collabo, Star-Studded New LP Curtis"), last-minute additions and the album's simultaneous worldwide release required a delay until September 4, Interscope Records announced Friday (May 25).

"I'm an international artist," Fif said in a brief statement. "My fans worldwide deserve to receive my album at the same time as my fans here in the U.S. Taking that into consideration, moving the album to September was a necessary course of action."

According to information in the release, the G-Unit leader has additions to the project that came into consideration when making the decision to push the album back. Because of those potential tracks, 50 and company came to the conclusion that they wouldn't be able to make the original release date.

Just this past Monday, 50 Cent did a full blitz of the MTV offices in New York's Times Square, visiting several departments and even playing his album — which was just mixed and mastered the night before, his management said — for some of the staff (see "50 Cent Says 'Delusional' Cam'ron Is Hurting Diplomats Camp"). He was counting down the days until June 26, very eager for the world to hear the follow up to his last album, The Massacre.

"I'm excited," he told MTV News later that day at the Night Hotel in Times Square. He was sitting on the penthouse rooftop overlooking the city. "I feel like I'll impact on them heavy on this album. The Massacre kinda gave me my spot. This project right here, again I find myself trying to maintain a position that I have in entertainment. I'm in a more creative space and I'm able to give up more content, more lyrics that would make me vulnerable on some level. But I feel this project is going to impact the most because of that."

Two Curtis videos — "Amusement Park" and "Straight to the Bank" — are in rotation on traditional outlets and another straight-to-YouTube clip, "Fully Loaded Clip," has been making the rounds too. Yet another video, for a track called "Follow My Lead" with Robin Thicke, was shot recently in L.A. But there is no definitive word from Interscope if that will be the next look from the album or if he would go with another single. Curtis also features contributions from Dr. Dre, Justin Timberlake, Timbaland, Akon and Mary J. Blige

Fuck that shit too, you dont push an album for that for 2 months, you push it back for 2 weeks.

Lunatic

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 12:36:21 PM »
reason sounds bullshit. I think real reason is he don't wanna compete with T.I. in the sales department ;)

now T.I. will 100% dominate the summer ;D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 12:46:41 PM »
reason sounds bullshit. I think real reason is he don't wanna compete with T.I. in the sales department ;)

50 would kill T.I. in sales. Even if this was so, why would he push his date back so far?

Lunatic

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2007, 12:51:51 PM »

50 would kill T.I. in sales. Even if this was so, why would he push his date back so far?

i dunno, lol just messing around.

To easily say 50 would kill T.I. in sales isn't exactly fair. I'm just saying, before last year, i bet pretty much everyone would say that Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Game, Nas, Ludacris would also *kill* T.I. in sales, and T.I. beat ALL of them out

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2007, 01:21:18 PM »
I just got word from Interscope that "Statlanta" is still set for Aug.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2007, 01:33:26 PM »

To easily say 50 would kill T.I. in sales isn't exactly fair. I'm just saying, before last year, i bet pretty much everyone would say that Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Game, Nas, Ludacris would also *kill* T.I. in sales, and T.I. beat ALL of them out
But this is 50 Cent we are talking about. He can make a record composed soley of insturmentals, and he'd probably still go platinum.

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2007, 01:35:50 PM »

But this is 50 Cent we are talking about. He can make a record composed soley of insturmentals, and he'd probably still go platinum.

and this was luda, game, snoop etc. we where talkin about

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2007, 01:45:20 PM »
Unlucky, they knew it was going to flop.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2007, 01:57:05 PM »
I just got word from Interscope that "Statlanta" is still set for Aug.

2007?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2007, 01:59:09 PM »

Neither Ludacris, Game, Nas, Jay-Z, or Snoop have ever sold over 5 million records in the US (further more doing it twice).

Lunatic

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2007, 02:03:29 PM »

Neither Ludacris, Game, Nas, Jay-Z, or Snoop have ever sold over 5 million records in the US (further more doing it twice).

regardless luda is 1 of the most popular artists of all time, going multi-plat many, many times, and until 50 proves he can have success for as long as luda has, he ain't no luda (YET)

Game had 1 of the biggest debuts in a long ass time

Nas had MAD controversy off of the whole hip-hop is dead, signing to jay-z, etc.

Snoop is Snoop ;)

you sure luda never went 5x plat? ???

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2007, 02:14:46 PM »
Lol, none of those are even close to what 50 Cent does. The best they did was going 2x times plat, 50 went 7x plat, 6x times plat, has a 2x plat gorup album and soundtrack. Theyre not even close. 50 would kill T.I. in a sales race. T.I. will go 1x plat max, Big Things Poppin is the shit but it doesnt have that crossover appeal and for that big 1st single, that track with Wycleaf is not good enough.

Thats why I dont get why 50 got pushed back. Its definetly not because the lack of buzz, because dude was/is everywhere right now. Htting your TRLs, 106 N Parks, cover of Vibe, Vitaming Water commercial, BET awards performance. Also single wise, like I said before Straight To The Bank was doing great, Amusement Park is still only out for 3 weeks and I bet it would get bigger and bigger. Then the song with Robin Thicke should premier this tuesday and Come And Go in 4 weeks. I live in a small country and Ive heard STTB 3 times today on a radio channel that never plays rap. He is a household name, he'd go 1x-2x plat off his name alone and when all those singles dropped +  the Justin track, he'd do his numbers again.

Like someone above said, it might have something to do with the Warner Bros deal. He started running his mouth too soon.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 02:18:24 PM by Timbo the king »

Lunatic

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2007, 02:18:44 PM »
Lol, none of those are even close to what 50 Cent does. The best they did was going 2x times plat, 50 went 7x plat, 6x times plat, has a 2x plat gorup album and soundtrack. Theyre not even close. 50 would kill T.I. in a sales race. T.I. will go 1x plat max, Big Things Poppin is the shit but it doesnt have that crossover appeal and for that big 1st single, that track with Wycleaf is not good enough.

Thats why I dont get why 50 got pushed back. Its definetly not because the lack of buzz, because dude was/is everywhere right now. Htting your TRLs, 106 N Parks, cover of Vibe, Vitaming Water commercial, BET awards performance. Also single wise, like I said before Straight To The Bank was doing great, Amusement Park is still only out for 3 weeks and I bet it would get bigger and bigger. Then the song with Robin Thicke should premier this tuesday and Come And Go in 4 weeks. I live in a small country and Ive heard STTB 3 times today on a radio channel that never plays rap. He is a household name, he'd go 1x-2x plat off his name alone and when all those singles dropped +  the Justin track, he'd do his numbers again.

Like someone above said, it might have something to do with the Warner Bros deal.

luda has never gone 3x plat ???

i find that hard 2 believe

snoop has also never gone 3x plat?

same as luda statement

game i know for a fact went like 3-4xplat

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2007, 02:29:05 PM »
We arent talking about worldwide numbers here, because if you wanna do that the bar is raised to 12x plat and 9.8x plat.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2007, 02:36:23 PM »
There's a alot of shit that factors in. Holding it back for the international release is one thing, but there's also sample clearance issues that can come up or perhaps even new material that needs to be recorded because 50 may have cut joints at the last minute. But damn that's a really long time to wait, 2.5 months is crazy. The singles he's hitting us with now aren't getting THAT much of a buzz, so that might be part of the reason as well. He doesn't have an "In Da Club" or a "Candy Shop" out holding the #1 Billboard spot like he did for his last two albums.