Author Topic: 50's New Album Pushed back to SEPTEMBER  (Read 875 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50's New Album Pushed back to SEPTEMBER
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2007, 02:49:58 PM »
Thats true but considering his strategy with 4 singles out before release date (Robin Thicke joint was planned to premier May 28th), he probably aimed that all those 4 are bubbleing under top 20 and not even having that only 1 number 1 single. With 4 singles out in that short period of time, its pretty much impossible to have a number 1 single but having 4 songs in top 20 is more realisitc. And lets not forget that STTB is 50 highest debut single in history, making it to nb. 32 in his deubut week on Billboard top 100 last week. This week however, it dissapeared from the charts, maybe they pulled it off the radio  ???

But yeah, STTB and Amusem. Park(which is fairly new though) arent not Disco Inferno and Candy Shop when it comes to hit factor but fuck the sales,  I liked them both better.

EDIT: STTB is also TRL top 10 and BET Top 10 countdown, week after the video premiered.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 03:29:24 PM by Timbo the king »

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2007, 03:30:53 PM »
i'm sure nobody is going to agree with me but..

i think 50 is anticipating that he is going to 'flop' by his standards. By Jay-Z's standards, his last album 'flopped'. It hasn't gone 2X platinum yet and he spent so much on the marketing.. Interscope/Aftermath is probably assuming that 50 is going to flop as well. I'm pretty sure this is all being considered in negotiations..

If i was interscope/Aftermath, i would drop 50 after this album comes out. They've maxed him out and his G-Unit venture isn't good.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2007, 03:33:28 PM »
That doesnt really make sense because if that was the case than they might as well drop all their artists. 50 is, next to Eminem, the most secure artists to do his numbers under the Interscope umbrella.

And 50 never uses huge budgests, usually he only has Dre and Em from the superstar producers and no guets. Now yes this time its different but still 12 track out of 18 would be produced by inhouse producers + Em and Dre.

Same goes for his GUnit artists, they all have low budget LPs, with inhouse producers and small amount of guests. Again, if they were to drop them, than drop Shady cus their doing worst than GUnit, drop Izone or whatever that Polow Da Don label is, since Rich Boy completley flopped..... you get my point
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 03:37:40 PM by Timbo the king »

Lunatic

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2007, 04:05:07 PM »
whatever that Polow Da Don label is, since Rich Boy completley flopped..... you get my point

the whole rich boi doesn't really work, because out all the interscope releases this yr, rich boi probably had the lowest budget, seeing every song was produced by polow (or nearly every song) and there weren't ALOT of big name guests
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2007, 04:27:34 PM »
True but same goes for every GUnit release with addition to them selling more.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2007, 05:22:02 PM »
Ever since "The Massacre" dropped, G-Unit sales have been on a steady downfall. People aren't checking for them like they used to and I think even 50 Cent himself will be a victim to this G-Unit backlash in terms of heavy sales. Granted, the business is changing and everyone's record sales are suffering, but with 50 pushing his album back to September 4, it looks like it will either generate a huge buzz or it will kill a legitmate amount of push for the album in the long run.

Yayo was the first real flop by G-Unit standards. Then the Get Rich Or Die Tryin' sountrack did decent numbers, but it still failed to produce any high ranking hits. "Window Shopper" peaked at #20 on the Hot 100. Then we had Mobb Deep's record, another disappointment in terms of G-Unit standards...then Banks had his shot, another album that failed on a commercial level. Same with Buck if you think about it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the recent G-Unit releases and I don't consider them as being disappointing albums at all. But that's just my opinion, the facts speak for themselves as do the numbers. 50 needs his following singles to blow up big time, because it doesn't look like they're going to chart that high at this point. Like Timbo said, STTB was a hot shot debut at #32 but it dropped well over 10 spots this week and the video just premiered. I like the joints he put out, but he needs Dre to hit him with a club banger. That formula never failed before.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2007, 07:38:22 PM »
LUDACRIS DID 3 MILL on TWO OF HIS ALBUMS.  THATS A BIG DIFF BETWEEN 2 U NUTS!

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2007, 07:49:35 PM »

Fuck Interscope. Fuck 50.

WTF man, 50 Cent HAS NOTHING to do with this.  It's RECORD LABEL BULLSHIT.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2007, 07:55:23 PM »
hm, i think interscope should not dick with 50 like this.

from a pure business standpoint, cause like TTK said, he is easily the most surefire moneymaker they have.

from an artistic standpoint, this is whacker yet cause I'd rather all the mentions of 50 in this thread were replaced with "Bishop" and all mentions of "Curtis" were replaced with "the reformation'.

this is so bad, it's like talking about waiting for a whack appetizer when you're really just wanting the meal.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2007, 08:06:08 PM »
Won't this album fulfill his contract? They probly want to milk him for all he's worth before he has the opportunity to go.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2007, 09:14:57 PM »
Won't this album fulfill his contract? They probly want to milk him for all he's worth before he has the opportunity to go.

nah, this is one third of what's left in his contract. this one, BISD and the Greatest Hits will fulfill the contract.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2007, 10:22:11 PM »
Christ, this is fucking HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.  50 gettin pushed back?!?  Shit ain't sweet, that's all I can say.  I hope yall know that regardless of what the official spin is by 50 and the label, this absolutely means that they weren't satisified with the response to his single(s).  I knew 50 was gonna slump sales wise as his wackness has been getting more and more evident, but I didn't see him getting pushed back, especially 3 MONTHS. 

I honestly can't remember, but who else was supposed to drop the same day as 50 in June?  I remember saying that mos def one of them was gonna get pushed back, but honest to God I didn't expect it to be 50.

I've been sayin it for a while, but to me, this really signifies the end of 50's reign.  He's still gonna go plat, but understand that this is major.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2007, 10:26:24 PM »
^^^^^^^

I think it was Ja Rule who is meant 2 be dropping the same day. lol

The Maestro

rik

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2007, 01:29:14 AM »
Sucks for Curtis "Interscope" Jackson and his fans.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2007, 03:05:15 AM »
Christ, this is fucking HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.  50 gettin pushed back?!?  Shit ain't sweet, that's all I can say.  I hope yall know that regardless of what the official spin is by 50 and the label, this absolutely means that they weren't satisified with the response to his single(s).  I knew 50 was gonna slump sales wise as his wackness has been getting more and more evident, but I didn't see him getting pushed back, especially 3 MONTHS. 

I honestly can't remember, but who else was supposed to drop the same day as 50 in June?  I remember saying that mos def one of them was gonna get pushed back, but honest to God I didn't expect it to be 50.

I've been sayin it for a while, but to me, this really signifies the end of 50's reign.  He's still gonna go plat, but understand that this is major.

Bothz T.I. and Ja Rule, both pushed their album back too.

But yeah 3 months is fucking wierd. Soemthing fishy is going on.

I say again to 50, release a double disc with BISD concept and get the fuck aways from Interscope.