Author Topic: 50's New Album Pushed back to SEPTEMBER  (Read 912 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50's New Album Pushed back to SEPTEMBER
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2007, 03:29:49 AM »
The wierdest thing is how I am reading right now how hes gonna host a BET show for a week and how he was saying 2,3 days ago(!) on several interview how this album is great and how excited he is to release it. So, its not like this move was in the air for lets say 2,3 weeks, its like everything changed in a day or two.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2007, 03:36:45 AM »
good, later the better

Elevz

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2007, 03:58:47 AM »
The wierdest thing is how I am reading right now how hes gonna host a BET show for a week and how he was saying 2,3 days ago(!) on several interview how this album is great and how excited he is to release it. So, its not like this move was in the air for lets say 2,3 weeks, its like everything changed in a day or two.

He still says he's excited about it, isn't he? And how does him being in the media all the time indicate how this whole thing was a decision that was suddenly made? Is that because you think he might peak too soon, with the people being tired of him by the time his album drops? Because otherwise, I don't really see it.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2007, 04:18:23 AM »
No, because either hes a great actor or he had no idea that in 3 days everything will change. He was on TRL monday, BET black carper tuesday, did an interview for MTV on tuesday, so were talking 2,3 days before the move was made. And when he was on those shows all he talked about was how great the cd is, how excited he is to release it, said the song with Robin Thicke will premier in a week, was an attention whore and kept saying "Curtis, June 26th." And thats why its strange and indicates that he had no idea this will happen till maybe wednesday, thursday and that something big must have happened, as opposed to them thinking about it for lets say, past 2,3 weeks.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2007, 05:08:12 AM »
I think it's 'cause of lack of buzz. Yes, it's true that 50's been on everything lately - TV, magazines, the water deal, the videos - but I don't see people buying into it. Things aren't popping off like they were when the Massacre was coming out, and sure as hell not like when GRODT was coming out. On both of those occasions 50 was on every media outlet AND the people were talking about him. Now it seems that 50's on every media outlet again, but nobody seems to give a fuck. The only conversation I've witnessed about 50's new shit has been on this forum.

For sure, at least, that's how it is on this side of the Atlantic. Nobody's giving a fuck about 50 here. I haven't even seen the videos on MTV here yet.

Plus, the singles are crap, so there's no help from that side either.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2007, 05:57:38 AM »

With both of his singles falling off the top 100 is this a smart thing to do? Anybody else think this could be a negotiating tactic by Iovine after that Warner Bros info came out?

I didn't see that question when I initially posted.  That's an interesting point though.  However, I do think the writing was on the wall, and this was inevitable.  Sales-wise, everything G-Unit put out sold less and less.  Damn near everything that they've put out has been basically forgotten about within a couple weeks.  The quality hasn't been there, almost every release has been pushed back, and some artists that got a nice push from 50 never even saw the light of day (Olivia).  Everything they put out was so gimmicky and formulaic and it eventually caught up to them.

I really think it's a product of all of that.  50 has gotten more and more desperate to keep his name out there.  And more gimmicks - releasing what, 4 singles within like 2 weeks of each other or something?  It's like his plan was to throw 4 different songs out there to try and cater to 4 markets, hoping that one of them would take off.  Well so far that has worked horribly because even if he ends up w/ 1 of those 4 doing somewhat well, you still have the fact that at least the 1st 2 haven't charted well at all, or even fallen off the charts already.  So he's failed off top right there.

For the most part, 50 has made stupid music career moves pretty much ever since GRODT.  I've still never bought into the hype of him being this great businessman.  He's got the money to hire smart ass business people which has obviously worked out well for him.  But when you look at the decisions he's made as far as the music business over the last few years, I'd say they were questionable at best.  He fucked up because he started believing his own hype - he thought he could oversaturate the market and people wouldn't get tired of his schtick.  That's fundamental business acumen right there and he was oblivious to it.

Damn kinda went on a rant there...but shit having said all that I don't believe Jimmy SOLELY pushed it back as a negotiating tactic, but if you don't think that played a roll you better ax somebody.  Jimmy is a true businessman and wouldn't be at the level he is at if he wasn't a shrewd motherfucker.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2007, 08:49:09 AM »
But the thing is nobody is selling shit. From the begginning of 06, the only artists who are actually happy with their sales are probably Jay-Z, Ludacris and T.I., and even Jay and Luda probably expected more, so that leaves with T.I. being the only rapper who did what he wanted to, if not even more. So its funny how people keep talking about this GUnit theories about them not doint their old numbers. I guess they had it coming, sicne they couldnt stop braging about them but you have to look past that and be realistic.

I think that the main problem is 50s obssesion with sales. He would kill himself if he "only" did 2,3 mill, he wants to do 5x plat again.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 08:56:00 AM by Timbo the king »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2007, 06:15:35 PM »
1) I've been MIA on the forum just under a month and I didn't

a) hear any of his singles

b)hear any one talk about 50

c) hear anyone bump 50

d) wasn't sure if STTB had been released anywhere but dubcnn

actually, i'm still not sure what's been released and what hasn't

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Lunatic

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2007, 06:48:14 PM »
1) I've been MIA on the forum just under a month and I didn't

a) hear any of his singles

b)hear any one talk about 50

c) hear anyone bump 50

d) wasn't sure if STTB had been released anywhere but dubcnn

actually, i'm still not sure what's been released and what hasn't

-T

lol str8 to the bank & amusement park have videos out
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

eNgIeS

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2007, 10:20:02 PM »
Lol, none of those are even close to what 50 Cent does. The best they did was going 2x times plat, 50 went 7x plat, 6x times plat, has a 2x plat gorup album and soundtrack. Theyre not even close. 50 would kill T.I. in a sales race. T.I. will go 1x plat max, Big Things Poppin is the shit but it doesnt have that crossover appeal and for that big 1st single, that track with Wycleaf is not good enough.

Thats why I dont get why 50 got pushed back. Its definetly not because the lack of buzz, because dude was/is everywhere right now. Htting your TRLs, 106 N Parks, cover of Vibe, Vitaming Water commercial, BET awards performance. Also single wise, like I said before Straight To The Bank was doing great, Amusement Park is still only out for 3 weeks and I bet it would get bigger and bigger. Then the song with Robin Thicke should premier this tuesday and Come And Go in 4 weeks. I live in a small country and Ive heard STTB 3 times today on a radio channel that never plays rap. He is a household name, he'd go 1x-2x plat off his name alone and when all those singles dropped +  the Justin track, he'd do his numbers again.

Like someone above said, it might have something to do with the Warner Bros deal. He started running his mouth too soon.

Get his dick out your mouth i'm sick of coming here & seeing your continous exageration of 50 Cent's success & impact & his future while down playing Game & others. Be objective instead of dick riding

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2007, 02:03:35 AM »
Lol, none of those are even close to what 50 Cent does. The best they did was going 2x times plat, 50 went 7x plat, 6x times plat, has a 2x plat gorup album and soundtrack. Theyre not even close. 50 would kill T.I. in a sales race. T.I. will go 1x plat max, Big Things Poppin is the shit but it doesnt have that crossover appeal and for that big 1st single, that track with Wycleaf is not good enough.

Thats why I dont get why 50 got pushed back. Its definetly not because the lack of buzz, because dude was/is everywhere right now. Htting your TRLs, 106 N Parks, cover of Vibe, Vitaming Water commercial, BET awards performance. Also single wise, like I said before Straight To The Bank was doing great, Amusement Park is still only out for 3 weeks and I bet it would get bigger and bigger. Then the song with Robin Thicke should premier this tuesday and Come And Go in 4 weeks. I live in a small country and Ive heard STTB 3 times today on a radio channel that never plays rap. He is a household name, he'd go 1x-2x plat off his name alone and when all those singles dropped +  the Justin track, he'd do his numbers again.

Like someone above said, it might have something to do with the Warner Bros deal. He started running his mouth too soon.

Get his dick out your mouth i'm sick of coming here & seeing your continous exageration of 50 Cent's success & impact & his future while down playing Game & others. Be objective instead of dick riding

engies, you're my homey but who else has gone diamond in the last ten years? I think that's all he's saying.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2007, 02:37:47 AM »
also, let me be the first to say

1) the album that was gonna be released at the end of June is NOT the album we will hear in september

2) The album that was gonna be released in June will be bootlegged by the time the final version comes out in sept.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2007, 02:45:11 AM »
^^ Yep and jugding by those snippets, it didnt sound to promising, so maybe in the end its actually a good thing. I really hope he releases an double LP with BISD concept, becasue that 4th Feb date for it, is now unrealistic, and gets off Interscope.

Heres what was posted on American Idol site, probably just BS:

7:35 PM EST
KELLY VS 50 Cent?
Secrets behind the label doors

It would not have been the first time the two have gone against each other. In 2005, they both had high selling albums of almost 5 million units in the US alone. Clive Davis (one of the music industries most powerful people) is very dissatisfied with Kelly's new album, and he feels it does not contain any radio strong hits. Her first single "Never Again" has been performing very weekly on the radio. On the American Idol 6 finale, he shot some subliminal jabs in his speech about how Carrie Underwood (last years winner) is doing better in sales and on the charts. The album was supposed to release in July, but since the first single is under performing, the album was bumped up to June 26...the same day as millionaire rapper 50 Cent. Inside sources have revealed that even though 50's album was finalized, mixed, and mastered earlier this week, 50 would like to work on a few more songs...but that is not it. Execs working with Clive Davis have confirmed that he and 50 Cent had a meeting in person this week. What happened in that meeting is not fully known at the time, but the Execs are almost positive that Clive offered a few millions of dollars for the push back of his junior album Curtis. More on this story as it uncovers.

Source: Idol Generator News
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 02:47:40 AM by Timbo the king »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2007, 02:47:42 AM »
so what were the 4 singles and who produced 'em TTK? all I heard was hearsay, what's the real

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2007, 03:04:28 AM »
2 got released so far:

Straight To The Bank (produced by Ty Fyfe)
Amusement Park (produced by Dangerous LLC)
                    +
Follow My Lead feat. Robin Thicke (produced by The Bizness) was planned to premier this Tuesday
Come And Go (produced by Dr.Dre) was planned to premier in 4,5 weeks