Author Topic: 50's New Album Pushed back to SEPTEMBER  (Read 877 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: 50's New Album Pushed back to SEPTEMBER
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2007, 09:38:45 AM »
^^ Yep and jugding by those snippets, it didnt sound to promising, so maybe in the end its actually a good thing. I really hope he releases an double LP with BISD concept, becasue that 4th Feb date for it, is now unrealistic, and gets off Interscope.

Heres what was posted on American Idol site, probably just BS:

7:35 PM EST
KELLY VS 50 Cent?
Secrets behind the label doors

It would not have been the first time the two have gone against each other. In 2005, they both had high selling albums of almost 5 million units in the US alone. Clive Davis (one of the music industries most powerful people) is very dissatisfied with Kelly's new album, and he feels it does not contain any radio strong hits. Her first single "Never Again" has been performing very weekly on the radio. On the American Idol 6 finale, he shot some subliminal jabs in his speech about how Carrie Underwood (last years winner) is doing better in sales and on the charts. The album was supposed to release in July, but since the first single is under performing, the album was bumped up to June 26...the same day as millionaire rapper 50 Cent. Inside sources have revealed that even though 50's album was finalized, mixed, and mastered earlier this week, 50 would like to work on a few more songs...but that is not it. Execs working with Clive Davis have confirmed that he and 50 Cent had a meeting in person this week. What happened in that meeting is not fully known at the time, but the Execs are almost positive that Clive offered a few millions of dollars for the push back of his junior album Curtis. More on this story as it uncovers.

Source: Idol Generator News

LMFAO - Complete Bullshit.  Shoulda known that the spin would start coming.  Now it's 50 getting paid off by rival record labels to push his album back 3 months?  There's no way in hell that Interscope is gonna push back their biggest release of the year in the midst of this HUGE marketing barrage because another label offered 50 a few million dollars.  That's retarded.

IF 50 met w/ Clive Davis, I'm sure it was a discussion to see if 50 would possibly sign w/ his label.  That might actually make sense in light of everything going on.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2007, 11:28:55 AM »
is come and go available to us in cdq yet?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Lunatic

« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2007, 11:30:29 AM »
is come and go available to us in cdq yet?

-T

nope

that clive davis story is comedic just as jrome said :D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Matty

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2007, 08:03:32 PM »
when was the last time any artist related to aftermath actually got their album out following a good buzz (single) at the right time. whenever a good single is released an album is not forthcoming soon enough to capatalise on sales and usually when albums are being dropped the singles at that time aren't getting enough spins (mainly due to being sub standard)...its laughable...