Author Topic: GET GARNETT .COM  (Read 441 times)

WILL-I-DIE

GET GARNETT .COM
« on: May 24, 2007, 02:24:17 PM »
for all the lakers fans.
check out the site.maybe it was already posted but i just ran into it.

www.getgarnett.com

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: GET GARNETT .COM
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 02:45:07 PM »
http://getgarnett.com/blog/?p=181 Good read. The Lakers have the magic eye.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 12:30:38 AM »
*waiting for Now I Know to come in saying we must stay the course*

Dude, we have Bynum, who will be a star. Sadly, it wouldn't be as a Laker, because he'll be a star once Kobe is in his 30's, which is not prime title winning age for him. Kobe's prime is NOW. His scoring 80 points a game, having huge streaks of 40plus games, it's time for Kobe to win, and win now. Staying the course is not an option. Now I have changed my mind, we have to keep Odom, Odom has a huge heart, as he showed in the playoffs, and Odom will be very valuable to winning a title. But Bynum is like Eddie Jones, we love you, but you don't fit in our plans. (One of the few reasons I was happy Shaq left was 'cause he drove away Eddie, who was my second favorite Laker in the 90's) Bynum will be an all-star, but he'll do it elsewhere that has time to develope his skills. Phil is in his 60's, Kobe is in his prime, it is time to pull the trigger, grap either JO or KG, sign a pg with great D, and lets win some games and compete for a title. LA only excepts the Lakers building around Bynum is Kobe was 23, like when we got Kobe and Shaq in 1996, Shaq was only 24, plenty of time to stay the course and build a team. Kobe now is going to be 29 next year, he needs a running buddy, Odom will be 27, entering his prime years, and KG will be 31, in the middle of his prime years, JO will be 30, in his prime years, the time is now, we need to get competitive this year. Stay the course is George Bush talk, in LA, they will and deal until titles are won.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 03:25:13 AM »

Dude, we have Bynum, who will be a star. Sadly, it wouldn't be as a Laker, because he'll be a star once Kobe is in his 30's, which is not prime title winning age for him. Kobe's prime is NOW. His scoring 80 points a game, having huge streaks of 40plus games, it's time for Kobe to win, and win now. Staying the course is not an option. Now I have changed my mind, we have to keep Odom, Odom has a huge heart, as he showed in the playoffs, and Odom will be very valuable to winning a title. But Bynum is like Eddie Jones, we love you, but you don't fit in our plans. (One of the few reasons I was happy Shaq left was 'cause he drove away Eddie, who was my second favorite Laker in the 90's) Bynum will be an all-star, but he'll do it elsewhere that has time to develope his skills. Phil is in his 60's, Kobe is in his prime, it is time to pull the trigger, grap either JO or KG, sign a pg with great D, and lets win some games and compete for a title. LA only excepts the Lakers building around Bynum is Kobe was 23, like when we got Kobe and Shaq in 1996, Shaq was only 24, plenty of time to stay the course and build a team. Kobe now is going to be 29 next year, he needs a running buddy, Odom will be 27, entering his prime years, and KG will be 31, in the middle of his prime years, JO will be 30, in his prime years, the time is now, we need to get competitive this year. Stay the course is George Bush talk, in LA, they will and deal until titles are won.

Do you think it's really possible to get JO or KG without trading Kobe and Odom?? How come?

wcsoldier

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 09:27:22 AM »
No disrespect but when people gonna understand , KG ain't going nowhere...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 09:34:28 AM »
I guess Garnett kissed his career good-bye already. lol. He's not 26 anymore, all he can do now is win a ring as a sidekick. That's embarrassing enough.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 02:55:33 PM »

Have you watched a guy named Michael Jordan? He was scoring huge amounts of points in the 80's, but his team was losing...Once he got a better supporting cast+coach, he slowed his game down... this was when he was the same age as Kobe...He was really only considered in his prime during his second threepeat reig, which was in his mid 30's...Players like Kobe and Jordan, who give it their all, last a long time. Shaq was 24 when Kobe was drafted, but he's not conditioned like Kobe, so he's bound to break down way sooner, as he showed during his last few seasons with the Lakers. Kobe at 28 could be like a Shaq at 21 when comparing their work ethic. All I'm saying is, get the right players and Kobe will do the rest. No need to trade Bynum or Odom, if KG, JO, or Gasol become available for scrubs (ALA Kareem, Wilt, Carter, Webber, etc.), then pull the trigger. If not, stay with what you have and KEEP BUILDING. The NBA is W-E-A-K...We WILL be a powerhouse soon...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 02:57:42 PM »

Do you think it's really possible to get JO or KG without trading Kobe and Odom?? How come?

Of course it is...You're nuts if you don't think Indiana or Minnesota will gobble up a trade of Odom+Bynum+Pick for Garnett or JO.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 03:07:30 PM »

Of course it is...You're nuts if you don't think Indiana or Minnesota will gobble up a trade of Odom+Bynum+Pick for Garnett or JO.

It was meant to be "Kobe OR Odom", sorry.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 10:51:47 PM »

Have you watched a guy named Michael Jordan? He was scoring huge amounts of points in the 80's, but his team was losing...Once he got a better supporting cast+coach, he slowed his game down... this was when he was the same age as Kobe...He was really only considered in his prime during his second threepeat reig, which was in his mid 30's...Players like Kobe and Jordan, who give it their all, last a long time. Shaq was 24 when Kobe was drafted, but he's not conditioned like Kobe, so he's bound to break down way sooner, as he showed during his last few seasons with the Lakers. Kobe at 28 could be like a Shaq at 21 when comparing their work ethic. All I'm saying is, get the right players and Kobe will do the rest. No need to trade Bynum or Odom, if KG, JO, or Gasol become available for scrubs (ALA Kareem, Wilt, Carter, Webber, etc.), then pull the trigger. If not, stay with what you have and KEEP BUILDING. The NBA is W-E-A-K...We WILL be a powerhouse soon...PeACe

But Jordan finally won with his cast when he was 27, Kobe will be 29. Also. MJ had Horace Grant, BJ Armstrong, and Scottie Pippen. Kobe has Odom... and Odom, and well, did I say Kobe has Kobe. Luke looks promising, but we need something NOW!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 12:15:42 AM »

But Jordan finally won with his cast when he was 27, Kobe will be 29. Also. MJ had Horace Grant, BJ Armstrong, and Scottie Pippen. Kobe has Odom... and Odom, and well, did I say Kobe has Kobe. Luke looks promising, but we need something NOW!

Kobe has had this team to himself for barely a couple seasons... Jordan had his team for much longer before he finally won...And don't forget, Kobe already has his rings. He has a good chance at surpassing Jordan in rings before it's all said and done...PeACe

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 12:18:13 AM »

Kobe has had this team to himself for barely a couple seasons... Jordan had his team for much longer before he finally won...And don't forget, Kobe already has his rings. He has a good chance at surpassing Jordan in rings before it's all said and done...PeACe

Kobe himself wants some help to win now though. I love Bynum, but reality is, the time is not right. Kobe and Odom need some help. I wasn't like this at season's beginning, but as the season went on, I feel it's time to cut the dead weight, and get someone to get us a title now.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 12:32:14 AM »

Kobe himself wants some help to win now though. I love Bynum, but reality is, the time is not right. Kobe and Odom need some help. I wasn't like this at season's beginning, but as the season went on, I feel it's time to cut the dead weight, and get someone to get us a title now.

And an all-star caliber point guard like Mo Williams isn't help? I honestly think if we added only Mo Williams it would help more than if we added only JO.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 04:36:58 PM »

I will post a snippet of the local newspaper that has been saying the exact same thing I, along with every other knowledgeable Wolves fan, has been saying.

WEB REVIEW
www.getgarnett.com

Overview: A web site put together by four young guys in California dedicated to Lakers news and the pursuit of Kevin Garnett.

Key features: A blog with links to Garnett trade speculation and other Lakers news; over-the-top statements such as, "KG in LA seems like a done deal."

Sign you're interested: You're a fan of the Lakers, or Garnett, or both.

Sign you might not sleep tonight: You think there's a real chance KG could get traded for Lamar Odom and a bunch of spare parts.

The Wolves, more so to the point, McHale has made some really bad decisions during his tenure as VP, but one thing he won't do is trade his protege, who he has spent countless time and money on, for two players that can't even help their team make it past the first round themselves and a draft pick that may or may not turn out to be good in the long run. It's such a ridiculous statement. IF the Lakers were to even think about acquiring Garnett, there would definitely have to be a 3rd team involved who could actually offer up some decent players. The Wolves want players who can make them better, not facilitate Laker fans' pipedreams.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 04:39:05 PM by Low Key »