Author Topic: The NBA will remain with ESPN/TNT  (Read 341 times)

GangstaBoogy

The NBA will remain with ESPN/TNT
« on: June 27, 2007, 09:27:19 AM »
Fuck! All NBA fans should boycott till they go back to NBC

The NBA announced extensions of its television contracts with ESPN/ABC and TNT on Wednesday, deals that will include rights for digital media content.

The eight-year extensions will go through the 2015-16 season. The current six-year contracts expire at the end of next season.

Financial details were not immediately disclosed.

The digital rights include the ability for the networks to broadcast live games and other content on digital media, including the Web and mobile TV. The deal also covers any new outlets ESPN develops between now and 2016.

ESPN's digital rights also include:

• Ability to include ESPN and ABC games and studio programming in any ESPN offering, on a live, delayed and on-demand basis and in an interactive format.

• Use of NBA-licensed content in multi-sport programming.

• Ability to simulcast full NBA games live on ESPN360.com and ESPN Mobile TV.

• Continued development of GameCast, fantasy games and interactive applications, as well as ESPN content and programming integration into EA Sports video games.

• Use of NBA-licensed content in user-personalized features on ESPN platforms.

"This agreement sets a new standard -- it is the most expansive package of rights we've acquired from a major professional league in our 27-year history," ESPN president George Bodeheimer said. "We're thrilled to take a major step forward in our relationship with David Stern and the NBA with this broad, global agreement. The scope of this deal and the new rights we obtained offer us tremendous opportunities to serve NBA fans like never before -- in the U.S., around the world, and through any device."

ABC will continue to air 15 regular-season games and the entire NBA Finals and will televise an increased number of games earlier in the playoffs. The maximum number of times a certain team can appear on the network during the regular season has been increased.

ESPN and ESPN2 will continue to show up to 75 regular-season games as well as one of the conference finals. ESPN will increase the number of early-round playoff games it airs.

In addition, ESPN will televise exclusive coverage of the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game, the NBA draft and draft lottery each season, and feature coverage of the yearly NBA pre-draft camp on ESPNU.

The contract also includes new rights for ESPN International to televise games worldwide.

TNT will continue to air 52 regular-season games, the All-Star Game and one of the conference finals.

The previous deal paid the NBA an average of $765 million a year.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
Re: The NBA will remain with ESPN/TNT
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 11:07:30 AM »
i love TNT basketball.

espn has cheesy production though.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 01:10:58 PM »
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! You didn't put the main one in the title... ABC.

ABC has been fucking up telecasts ever since the NBA moved from NBC! I don't mind the games on ESPN, but when the NATIONALLY TELEVISED games on ABC are exactly the same as the ones on ESPN, it just kills it...The whole feeling you would get when turning on NBA on NBC in the morning, there was something special about it, that whole vibe just disappeared. These ABC telecasts need to do something to spice up the current format and attract more viewers...That gayass "Right now!" shit needs to be replaced with a classic theme as well..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/u4FBnkdq9KI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/u4FBnkdq9KI</a>

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 03:46:32 PM »
i love TNT basketball.

Hate ABC though.

wcsoldier

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 12:04:17 AM »
That gayass "Right now!" shit needs to be replaced with a classic theme as well..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/u4FBnkdq9KI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/u4FBnkdq9KI</a>
you don't like Nicole in that Kobe jersey ?  ;D

wcsoldier

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 12:06:00 AM »
i love TNT basketball.

Hate ABC though.
TNT is less worst than Espn that's what I'd say... John Barry should be forbidden to comment  :-X

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 12:12:29 AM »
I miss the NBA on NBC days. :-\

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »
NBA on NBC will always own.

that theme alone was enough to get the blood flowin in excitment over a sunday afternoon game. 

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 11:45:56 PM »
you don't like Nicole in that Kobe jersey ?  ;D
You got a point. But ASIDE from that...