Poll

Which rapper's fans you find most annoying?

G-Unit fans
42 (25.5%)
T.I. fans
3 (1.8%)
Lil' Wayne fans
15 (9.1%)
Game fans
14 (8.5%)
Busta Rhymes fans
1 (0.6%)
Eminem fans
10 (6.1%)
Dipset Fans
45 (27.3%)
Jay-Z fans
9 (5.5%)
Nas fans
4 (2.4%)
Dr. Dre fans
5 (3%)
Snoop/DPG fans
7 (4.2%)
Young Jeezy fans
4 (2.4%)
other
6 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Rappers fans who you dislike, can't stand or find really annoying  (Read 6050 times)

Lunatic

Re: Rappers fans who you dislike, can't stand or find really annoying
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2007, 03:07:30 PM »
oh, i was misled when he said 'you have to live in the bay to know but....'

justin is we fly high right?

anyway, dancing forever = taking it in the ass

dancing is tight, especially if you're good at it, you know?

-T

lmao when i read the justin thing, i was like wtf, because that's my name too. Had me thinkin Rik was some type of stalker :D

then i remembered WFH name is justin as well
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

We Fly High

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2007, 03:52:37 PM »
Here is going to be my breakdown:

Ok, so maybe I shouldn't have said that they aren't shit, but they definitely are not on my radar AT ALL. they lack the entire package, or even half the package.
Yes, I wont deny that they are lyrical MC's (not that they can actually MOVE THE CROWD, yeah right. theres a clear reason why they are never booked for shows). They can rhyme words well, and all that... but thats about where the line ends. None of these guys have any presence/charisma/personality. You can't tell a goddamn thing about them from their music. Just some run of the mill rappers to me. All of these guys think that their lyrics alone will suffice, when that is far from reality. 

Ras Kass is super boring. For the most part, his selection of beats is extremely poor. I would listen to Ras Kass if I wanted to go to sleep or something. It's like reading a boring book. I don't even want to imagine a show or concert that he would put on. There is a clear reason he ain't booked anywhere in LA (same with Crooked, although hes got a little more luck). Ras Kass is one of those guys that thinks that once he goes to prison and reads a few books, that he has become the worlds smartest rapper. Half the words coming his mouth are some bullshit. And it doesnt help that fool has had like 3-4 DUI's and a manslaughter stemming from one of them.. If you aint learned from the first time, then its just too bad. If Ras Kass doesn't care about his own career or life, I guess I don't either. And with that recent Game incident, that stupid youtube video of him and his white boy friend.. man.. that was LAME one hundred.

Crooked I, like I already said before.. All the skills in the world wont make me overlook his poor business decisions and work ethic. He's been in the game ten solid years, and put out like what... 2-3 mixtapes, a DVD and a compilation? I'll overlook the part where he was signed to Death Row, for the sake of it, since Suge is just a tyrant.. but its been good several years since his release. His first project to release after leaving Death Row:.. that stupid Life after Death Row DVD documentary. No one gives a flying fuck. Why even invest your time and money into a project that will sell like 2,000 copies, and even worse from what I've heard, some of the features were even fucked up and didnt play. What a way to treat your dwindling fanbase. Shit, if I was locked into a situation with Suge, and just got released from my contract.. you best believe I already have 100 songs saved and ready to go. So maybe someone is going to say, well Suge owns everything Crooked recorded there... you know what Crooked could've done? he could've just gone out and found his own studio time, his own engineer, and just recorded tons of tracks and saved them for the time of his release from Death Row.. if hes a Boss, finding studio time shouldnt be no thang. which brings me to my final point, of him calling himself a BOSS. Yeah ok you might be the boss of yourself and your Horseshoe gang, but I don't know a single other person that you might be Boss of. and can you talk about the lack of creativity? using the word Boss in every single project title.. give me a break, he's beating a dead horse.

Sly Boogy is actually prob my favorite of the three. I cant say all that much about him, hes definitely far more entertaining than Ras Kass, and that 5th Letter project was actually pretty cool. but somethings just missing from him.. bringing back up the point that you cant tell a goddamn thing about these guys from their music. What are these guys really saying/portraying in their music? Lets take for instance, Lupe Fiasco (hes far from my fave, but just a very good example).. Listening to his music, and looking at his album package, and apperance and all that, you can tell that this guy has his own individual style.. Hes up on the fashion game, on all the boutique brands that no one knows about yet.. he aint dressed up in standard pro-club khaki doorag bullshit. He used to post on Hypebeast.com which is like a streetwear fashion site, and Lupe was always showing off his vinyl toys, his new shoes, new gadgets, new clothes.. You watch his video for Daydreaming, you see wow this guy has his own store too, selling all sorts of eclectic stuff. You watch his video for Kick Push, and then you see wow this black cat from Chicago likes to skateboard too, definitely different from the norm that you see in rap/hip hop. See all these things contribute to an individual style, that people will remember you by. I'm not saying Lupe is the perfect example, but hes definitely one of the most recent that does. You cant substitute all of that with lyrics, you just cant. See the lyrics that Crooked I and Sly Boogy use, for the most part are pretty interchangeable among them, and any other rappers similar to them. Like if Sly Boogy was spitting a Crooked I verse, theres no way you can really tell, since they basically talk about the same shit. Could you imagine Sly making a song like "Kick Push" or "DayDreaming" or "Touch the Sky"? Hell no, thats only something Lupe could do..

I know youngsters that are hustling in the game, like 21,22 years old that are just slangin LPs/EPs out their trunks, and getting some straight up cosigns by artists like ?uestlove, Quik, and Lupe Fiasco. These guys have their individual style, are able to land their own digital distribution, get a deal, press up their own shit, and perform around LA constantly. They dont sit around waiting for things to happen, they make it happen.

Grown Ass Kid

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2007, 04:20:36 PM »
lupe fiasco's image is just as corny as the dickies and pro club look, so is his music; and i hope you didn't find his album entertaining. remember that track with jigga man, that shit had 80's ballad guitars and an actual eagle scream in the background like an episode of walker texas ranger, and he wanted us to take it seriously!!! plus im lovin how caucasians and other coconut tools are applauding him like "look at this well groomed monkey, he's so articulate and oh his skateboard is so cute". his whole package is just as redundant as the aggro drug dealing gorilla just on the other end of the spectrum. i cosign everything you said about these LA dudes work ethics but that nigga lupe is GARBAGE!

Money

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2007, 05:05:04 PM »
voted:

G-Unit
Jay-z
Snoop/DPG

i never thought any busta rhymes fans were annoying well maybe 1 or 2, but not the whole lot of them

We Fly High

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2007, 05:20:26 PM »
lupe fiasco's image is just as corny as the dickies and pro club look, so is his music; and i hope you didn't find his album entertaining. remember that track with jigga man, that shit had 80's ballad guitars and an actual eagle scream in the background like an episode of walker texas ranger, and he wanted us to take it seriously!!! plus im lovin how caucasians and other coconut tools are applauding him like "look at this well groomed monkey, he's so articulate and oh his skateboard is so cute". his whole package is just as redundant as the aggro drug dealing gorilla just on the other end of the spectrum. i cosign everything you said about these LA dudes work ethics but that nigga lupe is GARBAGE!

i dont see how lupe's image is redundant. i dont know too many "skateboarding" rappers except for maybe like Murs, Pharrell (if he actually knows how to), and Currency. I'm not pointing out that oh yeah hes a dope ass skateboard rapper, but im saying that all these qualities make him unique. Theres a reason that Jay-Z,Pharell, or Kanye are cosigning him. Theres a reason why he was on the front cover of the Billboard magazine without even having an album out. Theres a reason why he was chosen as a contributor on Hypebeast, the leading internet streetwear website.
I never said i hella liked his music, i clearly stated that hes far from my favorite, but hes just an excellent example of how to stand out among all these run of the mill rappers. Theres tons of "aggro drug dealing gorillas" in the industry, but i know of like 3-4 "skateboarding rappers", and Lupe was probably the first to really capitalize on that. Its unforutnate that Crooked, Sly and Ras cant develop their own individual identities.

Money

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2007, 05:29:55 PM »
lol

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2007, 08:07:23 PM »
I don't give a fuck about who supports what and why.  Everybody's got their prerogative.  But when they start defending a particular person like it's their brother, or like their personal worth is based on that artist's worth, or when they argue with insults rather than facts thats when it gets annoying.  I also hate those motherfuckers that will defend the artist till the death, regardless of what that particular artist does.  It's creepy when you think abou it.

But I just ignore them for the most part.  And if they still don't learn then I'll ridicule them - but they're forcing my hand. 

rik

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2007, 08:37:42 PM »
I don't give a fuck about who supports what and why.  Everybody's got their prerogative.  But when they start defending a particular person like it's their brother, or like their personal worth is based on that artist's worth, or when they argue with insults rather than facts thats when it gets annoying.  I also hate those motherfuckers that will defend the artist till the death, regardless of what that particular artist does.  It's creepy when you think abou it.

But I just ignore them for the most part.  And if they still don't learn then I'll ridicule them - but they're forcing my hand. 

You just gave a description of two people who post here. They know who they are.

rik

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2007, 08:43:58 PM »

anyway, dancing forever is not the same thing as taking it in the ass

-T

What if he pitches?

And say what you say, but that shit is gay, B.

That's not the first cakey comment he's said before.

Lunatic

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2007, 08:55:37 PM »

You just gave a description of two people who post here. They know who they are.

lmao best not be me :D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2007, 11:09:26 PM »
I said Eminem fans because they all think hes gonna forever be the shit when in reality hes 2 albums over his material and hasnt done anything near respectable in the last 3 years.  I dont understand how one person can rap bout the same shit for 4 albums and maintain such a fan base.

What about guys like Eiht, Mobb Deep, UGK, etc.? They have never really had diverse subject matter and have still maintained a fan base spitting that same old shit for years.

Al Bundy

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2007, 11:50:34 PM »
I said Eminem fans because they all think hes gonna forever be the shit when in reality hes 2 albums over his material and hasnt done anything near respectable in the last 3 years.  I dont understand how one person can rap bout the same shit for 4 albums and maintain such a fan base.

What about guys like Eiht, Mobb Deep, UGK, etc.? They have never really had diverse subject matter and have still maintained a fan base spitting that same old shit for years.

Eiht especially.

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2007, 01:41:32 AM »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2007, 02:37:18 AM »

anyway, dancing forever is not the same thing as taking it in the ass

-T

What if he pitches?

And say what you say, but that shit is gay, B.

That's not the first cakey comment he's said before.

who cares? seriously replace 'gay people' with 'black people' in this discussion and think about how ridiculous it is that we're even having it.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Paul

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2007, 05:51:00 AM »
i voted game, jay z and nas

game is the only one really i hate cause of his fans, thinkin everythin he puts out is hot when its shit

jay z i hate cause of jay z

nas i hate cause of the whole hip hop is dead crap ::)
funkyfreshintheflesh