Author Topic: Should I go back to college and waste my time and money?  (Read 637 times)

Chief

Re: Should I go back to college and waste my time and money?
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2007, 08:34:39 AM »
you never know, wikipedia may have an edge over books and experience.

everlast1986

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2007, 10:21:58 AM »
you gotta think about what you have to fall back on from whatever you want to do for a living so maybe it would be right for you to just finish those 3 classes

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2007, 04:55:22 PM »
but on another note, if you can't complete your associates degree that's pretty pathetic.  I knew peeps that went to a community college, fail tests and still get A's in the class.  If you can't pass those courses than you're a seriously unmotivated motherfucker.

But seriously, you're absolutely fucking giddy at the fact that you can drop the course, you've already said you regretted your decision.  And then claiming that everything you need to know you can find in Wikipedia?  Jesus christ why in the fuck are you going to take the class? 

You think you know everything, you think you've got it all figured out dont you brian?  Well a big part of going to college is being exposed and open to change and an alternative point of view.  Everyobdy needs to be out of their comfort zone and learn new things. 

The way you talk it sounds like you'd prefer to be boarded up in a room and read the Quran all day rather than being out and learning things on your own. 

I'd recommend some counseling dude.  I'm not even playin, I think it could do you a lot of good man.

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2007, 04:00:43 PM »
its all bullshit, you pay all that fuckin money just to get a piece of paper.   You should be able to study on your own, then just take the test to prove you're qualified in whatever field.

Im three years deep in a B.A majorin in law....which is basically useless unless i go to 3 more years of law school afterwards,  alot of my credits are useless in real life.....iv taken philosophy, music, mythology, and language courses which are completely irrelevant to any career id actually follow.  Instead of wastin all this time and money in school to get useless credits that i "need" to graduate....i should just be able to study on my own, and then write the LSAT to prove i know my shit
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Permenent Resident of 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 09:29:42 PM »

You think you know everything, you think you've got it all figured out dont you brian?  Well a big part of going to college is being exposed and open to change and an alternative point of view.  Everyobdy needs to be out of their comfort zone and learn new things. 

The way you talk it sounds like you'd prefer to be boarded up in a room and read the Quran all day rather than being out and learning things on your own. 

I'd recommend some counseling dude.  I'm not even playin, I think it could do you a lot of good man.

Why don't we compare my background to yours, and see who is more open to alternative lifestyles?  I grew up in a suburbs in a city that was probably 99% white.  So, it's pretty obvious that somewhere along the way I got out of my comfort zone and learned some new things.

That's funny what you say about counseling because I actually believe counselors are useless, in fact, psychologist have the second highest suicide rate of all proffesions.  Also, the psychology they teach in school only deals with the outgrowth of the problem and never the root.  Then they load these people up on drugs to try to make them into zombies, only to create side effects that are even worse than the origional problem. 

Look at Sigmund Frued, he broke man down to his animal nature, and treated man as if he was just a creature of his desires.   

A real psychologist is somebody like James Redfield, or all the Sufi Islamic Mystics, or yoga teachers.  Those are real psychologists, because they appeal to man's higher nature, and teach man how to overcome his desires, control drama's, and connect with the energy that's provided by the Creator to all creations in the universe.

"I will make records as big or bigger than Death Row".   -Dre, Source 1996

"I didn't do nothing but make people money and I didn't leave nobody high and dry.  Any album (on death row) people are going to check for.  But it's time for Dre to worry about Dre.  I'm focused on the new Snoop Doggs, not like that but you know what I mean."

Dre -  Source 1996 cover

"Eminem will be bigger than Michael Jackson as long as he doesn't change."

-Dre, Rolling Stones mag 1999 Em cover

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2007, 11:23:34 PM »
Go to school. It does a number on your mind and your thought process. Plus y ou came this damn far, get your degree. All you got is 3 damn classes, get it over with.

macknlatin36

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2007, 09:52:20 AM »
just drop out and sell coke

so the cops can hunt ur ass down instead of bothering me

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2007, 09:31:58 AM »
*psychologists don't prescribe drugs, they just talk to people, psychiatrists do *

about the school thing, i am 21, and for the last year i didn't go to school, i know what you mean about everyone telling you to go back, it gets a little annoying because nobody know what you are all about, and what you wanna do but everyone just says go back to school. i left because i had no clue what i wanted to do, and my motivation for work was gone. but after a year, man i just want to study, so im moving out to the city and going back to school, i dont really know what i want to do, but i wanna get my membranes working, i wanna take some cool sociology and english courses and take it from there, btw, you can wipe your ass with an associates, even a bachelors means almost nothing now, unless you get good internships and experience and build up a nice resume.