Author Topic: Should I go back to college and waste my time and money?  (Read 856 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Should I go back to college and waste my time and money?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 03:29:42 AM »
I took the stupid class.  I just paid $420.  I figure it's only 8 weeks of time wasted.  And if I work a little overtime I can make that money up in one week.  So anyway... whatever.

Damn.. I already regret it and now I'm going to try to go up to the school and ask for my money back.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 03:47:03 AM »
I took the stupid class.  I just paid $420.  I figure it's only 8 weeks of time wasted.  And if I work a little overtime I can make that money up in one week.  So anyway... whatever.

Damn.. I already regret it and now I'm going to try to go up to the school and ask for my money back.

Great!  I have till June 6th to drop the class and still get a full refund.  That means I can go attend the first couple days of class and see what I think and still come and get a full refund.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Chief

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 08:47:17 AM »
man why would you ask a question you know the answer to?

and an education is not a waste of time or money, man i could never drop out of university, it is a new chapter in my life that i could never regret, even if the money isnt as good as i expect when i graduate.

university for me is a challenge and an opportunity to learn something, and i learn something new everyday, every new thing i learn gives me greater knowledge of how things in this world work.

but thats me, i want to learn and i feel like i'm having the time of my life, and holidays are so damn sweet when they come along... 3 Weeks!!!  8) ;D

like jrome said though, if you go into it with the attitude it's a waste of time and money, then you're probably going into the wrong course, or school isnt for you.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 01:52:26 PM »
man why would you ask a question you know the answer to?

and an education is not a waste of time or money, man i could never drop out of university, it is a new chapter in my life that i could never regret, even if the money isnt as good as i expect when i graduate.

university for me is a challenge and an opportunity to learn something, and i learn something new everyday, every new thing i learn gives me greater knowledge of how things in this world work.

but thats me, i want to learn and i feel like i'm having the time of my life, and holidays are so damn sweet when they come along... 3 Weeks!!!  8) ;D

like jrome said though, if you go into it with the attitude it's a waste of time and money, then you're probably going into the wrong course, or school isnt for you.

You don't have to go to school and pay thousands of dollars to learn something new.  You could just sit on wikipedia for free, or go to the library, or go search for whatever knowledge you want to find by active involvement in something.   

Sitting in a classroom, your only going to recieve the knowledge in the most general and basic format, because they have to be able to teach a wide range of students, therefore you don't get any specialized knowledge.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2007, 01:59:42 PM »
Since you love Islam so much have you considered taking a course on religous studies?

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 02:08:49 PM »
Since you love Islam so much have you considered taking a course on religous studies?

I don't have to go to school to learn religious studies.  The current material I am studying on my own time, consists of everything from Buddism/Yoga, Russian orthodox Christianity, to Astrology and ofcourse Islam.  And I know I am getting more out of my personalized studies then I'd ever get in a classroom.

AndrE16686

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 11:25:58 PM »
Go back to college, get yo qualifications up. Then get a better job, make more dough. 3 years aint shit. Im 3 years into a 6-year degree. Life is a continuous series of mistekes, its all about choosing the best mistakes to make. 

It's funny you said that thing about making mistakes.  I made a whole thread about that the other day.  I also think life is about making mistakes and choosing the best mistakes to make.  Is school the best mistake I could make though?

Going to school is never a mistake that you will regret. A degree shows an employer that you can see a project through, even if it isn't in the field you want to be in.

word. You gotta think about the future, its all good just making enough money to wild out every weekend cus you are young, but the older you get the more you will yearn to ball and be dissatisfied with the money that would have satisfied you when you were younger. Money does not bring happiness, but it is a tool that can be used to instigate happiness.

Chief

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007, 09:44:54 AM »
therefore you don't get any specialized knowledge.
er, thats exactly what university/college is about, specialized knowledge.

Chief

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2007, 09:54:37 AM »
university:

an institution of learning of the highest level, having a college of liberal arts and a program of graduate studies together with several professional schools, as of theology, law, medicine, and engineering, and authorized to confer both undergraduate and graduate degrees.

profession:

An occupation, such as law, medicine, or engineering, that requires considerable training and specialized study.

www.dictionary.com

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2007, 07:10:49 AM »
Come on man.  This is a guy who just stated he prefers to 'learn' all of his information from Wikipedia.  I'm going to start calling him Michael Scott.  Except Michael Scott is funny. 

Chief

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2007, 08:34:39 AM »
you never know, wikipedia may have an edge over books and experience.

everlast1986

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2007, 10:21:58 AM »
you gotta think about what you have to fall back on from whatever you want to do for a living so maybe it would be right for you to just finish those 3 classes

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2007, 04:55:22 PM »
but on another note, if you can't complete your associates degree that's pretty pathetic.  I knew peeps that went to a community college, fail tests and still get A's in the class.  If you can't pass those courses than you're a seriously unmotivated motherfucker.

But seriously, you're absolutely fucking giddy at the fact that you can drop the course, you've already said you regretted your decision.  And then claiming that everything you need to know you can find in Wikipedia?  Jesus christ why in the fuck are you going to take the class? 

You think you know everything, you think you've got it all figured out dont you brian?  Well a big part of going to college is being exposed and open to change and an alternative point of view.  Everyobdy needs to be out of their comfort zone and learn new things. 

The way you talk it sounds like you'd prefer to be boarded up in a room and read the Quran all day rather than being out and learning things on your own. 

I'd recommend some counseling dude.  I'm not even playin, I think it could do you a lot of good man.

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2007, 04:00:43 PM »
its all bullshit, you pay all that fuckin money just to get a piece of paper.   You should be able to study on your own, then just take the test to prove you're qualified in whatever field.

Im three years deep in a B.A majorin in law....which is basically useless unless i go to 3 more years of law school afterwards,  alot of my credits are useless in real life.....iv taken philosophy, music, mythology, and language courses which are completely irrelevant to any career id actually follow.  Instead of wastin all this time and money in school to get useless credits that i "need" to graduate....i should just be able to study on my own, and then write the LSAT to prove i know my shit
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 09:29:42 PM »

You think you know everything, you think you've got it all figured out dont you brian?  Well a big part of going to college is being exposed and open to change and an alternative point of view.  Everyobdy needs to be out of their comfort zone and learn new things. 

The way you talk it sounds like you'd prefer to be boarded up in a room and read the Quran all day rather than being out and learning things on your own. 

I'd recommend some counseling dude.  I'm not even playin, I think it could do you a lot of good man.

Why don't we compare my background to yours, and see who is more open to alternative lifestyles?  I grew up in a suburbs in a city that was probably 99% white.  So, it's pretty obvious that somewhere along the way I got out of my comfort zone and learned some new things.

That's funny what you say about counseling because I actually believe counselors are useless, in fact, psychologist have the second highest suicide rate of all proffesions.  Also, the psychology they teach in school only deals with the outgrowth of the problem and never the root.  Then they load these people up on drugs to try to make them into zombies, only to create side effects that are even worse than the origional problem. 

Look at Sigmund Frued, he broke man down to his animal nature, and treated man as if he was just a creature of his desires.   

A real psychologist is somebody like James Redfield, or all the Sufi Islamic Mystics, or yoga teachers.  Those are real psychologists, because they appeal to man's higher nature, and teach man how to overcome his desires, control drama's, and connect with the energy that's provided by the Creator to all creations in the universe.