Author Topic: Infinite was right  (Read 285 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Infinite was right
« on: May 31, 2007, 11:14:10 PM »
Not that I doubted it.

Bush sees long term presence in Iraq

President George W. Bush would like to see a lengthy US troop presence in Iraq like the one in South Korea to provide stability but not in a frontline combat role, the White House said today.

The comment came as Mr Bush, under pressure to steer the warring groups in Iraq toward a political reconciliation, held a secure video conference with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, Sunni Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi and Shia Vice President Adel Abdul al-Mahdi.

Mr Bush encouraged them to make progress toward an oil revenue-sharing plan and political reforms.

"It's about the need to bring everybody together in Iraq," said Gordon Johndroe, spokesman for the White House National Security Council.

The United States has had thousands of US troops in South Korea to guard against a North Korean invasion for 50 years. Democrats in control of the US Congress have been pressing Bush to agree to a timetable for pulling troops from Iraq, an idea firmly opposed by the president.

White House spokesman Tony Snow said Bush would like to see a US role in Iraq ultimately similar to that in South Korea in which "you get to a point in the future where you want it to be a purely support model."

"The Korean model is one in which the United States provides a security presence, but you've had the development of a successful democracy in South Korea over a period of years, and, therefore, the United States is there as a force of stability," Mr Snow told reporters.

Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid of Nevada said in a statement he believes it is time for Mr Bush to "recognize the reality on the ground in Iraq," that US troops are mired in an Iraqi civil war and a change in course is urgently needed. "Democrats know that Americans demand realistic plans, not more White House rhetoric, rosy predictions and best-case scenarios. Our troops and the American people deserve better," Mr Reid said.

Iraq's neighbours have raised concerns about the possibility of the United States maintaining permanent bases in Iraq, and some US lawmakers have said they think the Iraqi insurgency may have been fuelled by perceptions the United States wants a permanent presence in the country. Washington has consistently denied wanting permanent bases in Iraq

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Infinite was right
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 05:37:49 AM »
Thank you... props to Ted. 

I was listening to the radio in my car and I heard the news about Bush saying something about he wanted to use South Korea as an example for Iraq.  South Korea has became a perpermanent foothold for America for decades (in order to protect US interests in the region). 

I had been saying on this forum since before the US even invaded Iraq that America was seeking a permanent foothold in the region; for the purpose of continued imperialism, to control the oil and resources of the region, and also to strengthen Israel's superiority in the Middle East. 

I wondered to myself if I had said it enough for people to take notice of it... then I remembered I've probably said it dozens of time, so much props to Ted for recognizing it.  Peace.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 05:50:30 AM by Shakur Abdul-Latif's Definition Of Hip-Hop..by -Infinite- »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

dexter

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 08:05:08 AM »
Thank you... props to Ted. 

I was listening to the radio in my car and I heard the news about Bush saying something about he wanted to use South Korea as an example for Iraq.  South Korea has became a perpermanent foothold for America for decades (in order to protect US interests in the region). 

I had been saying on this forum since before the US even invaded Iraq that America was seeking a permanent foothold in the region; for the purpose of continued imperialism, to control the oil and resources of the region, and also to strengthen Israel's superiority in the Middle East. 

I wondered to myself if I had said it enough for people to take notice of it... then I remembered I've probably said it dozens of time, so much props to Ted for recognizing it.  Peace.
[/quote 8) Anybody with a BRAIN Knew That. That short term Bs was just that. QUICK WAR LOL Leave when Iraq wants us to LOL ???

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 08:12:04 AM »
Good thing Infinite was here to tell us that. I know I personally thought the war was over in '03 when the Mission Accomplished banner came over Bush's head. If it wasn't for Infinite I never would have known the US even still had troops over there.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 09:02:34 AM »
Good thing Infinite was here to tell us that. I know I personally thought the war was over in '03 when the Mission Accomplished banner came over Bush's head. If it wasn't for Infinite I never would have known the US even still had troops over there.
lol

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 02:01:40 PM »
The point is: what are the iraqis gonna do about it?
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 02:10:23 PM »
I just thought Bush was going to be a little more suttle about it. This is why we need to kick the Neo Cons out of office ASAP.

Grown Ass Kid

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 03:01:10 PM »
lol

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 07:24:05 PM »
Bush is a piece of shit, get the fuck out of there right now.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 12:22:17 AM »
It's fucked up that at one point politicans were trying to bring the troops home and now they are talking about a long term presence. Fucking Democrates. Mutha fuckers can't stand their ground.

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 02:13:23 AM »

this aint anything new...

the US has permanent bases all over the world... like here in the UK. we let them have one...

and how about germany? both the US and UK have them since the second world war...

the US having a base in the middle east can act as a central location there for intelligence and attacking more muslims  8)

or as a dummy target for muslims to vent their hate campaigns at

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 05:42:39 AM »

this aint anything new...

the US has permanent bases all over the world... like here in the UK. we let them have one...

and how about germany? both the US and UK have them since the second world war...

the US having a base in the middle east can act as a central location there for intelligence and attacking more muslims  8)

or as a dummy target for muslims to vent their hate campaigns at

They don't have one in Vietnam.

The point is, that all this talk people are having about when the United States is going to pull the troops out of Iraq is under false pretense.  Many American's are naive enough to believe that Bush's plan was actually to replace Sadaam with a democracy and then once that job was done then the troops would leave, or that if he fails at it the Democrats will put enough pressure on him to get him to get the troops to leave.  Neither of those scenario's have anything to do with the actual objective in Iraq. 

The only way there will be a real pull-out of Iraq is if there is Vietnam level casaulties that drive them out.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Elevz

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 05:44:22 AM »
I just thought Bush was going to be a little more suttle about it. This is why we need to kick the Neo Cons out of office ASAP.

Why is that? If you've got the choice to vote for either the slick fox or the blatent wolf, would you prefer the fox because he doesn't openly SHOW his intentions? What difference does it make at the end of the day, when the fox might make you feel safe when you really aren't?
In other words, I really don't see why this lack of subtleness would be the reason for getting the neo cons out of the office. You tell me.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 11:39:51 AM »

Why is that? If you've got the choice to vote for either the slick fox or the blatent wolf, would you prefer the fox because he doesn't openly SHOW his intentions? What difference does it make at the end of the day, when the fox might make you feel safe when you really aren't?
In other words, I really don't see why this lack of subtleness would be the reason for getting the neo cons out of the office. You tell me.
My bad, poor choice of wording on my part. What I meant to say was him establishing a long term presence in Iraq (the situation as a whole) is the reason we need to kick the Neo Cons out of office. Not the lack of suttleness.

Elevz

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 03:27:48 AM »
Okay! That does make sense :laugh: