Author Topic: Talib_Kweli-Ear_Drum-Advance-2007  (Read 579 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Talib_Kweli-Ear_Drum-Advance-2007
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 12:48:53 PM »
That's a good album... songs with UGK and KRS-ONE are dope  :o

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 01:37:29 PM »
Pretty dope, definitely a return to form, although it does get a little samey at some points.

Al Bundy

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 03:41:22 PM »
Damn he just keeps getting his shit leaked early, doesn't he?  He needs to keep his records locked up or something.  I might check this...

For real. It must of been the mixing engineers who leaked it since it's a advance. Are the songs mastered?

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 03:58:39 PM »
Damn he just keeps getting his shit leaked early, doesn't he?  He needs to keep his records locked up or something.  I might check this...

For real. It must of been the mixing engineers who leaked it since it's a advance. Are the songs mastered?

Yesh.

xGlimpsex

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I. Will. Not. Lose.
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 04:46:35 PM »
The first 3 tracks are heat. I heard it while going to sleep, but I think this shit is gonna be sick.
Hip Hop: Live, Breathe, Sleep it.

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 05:42:40 PM »
Pretty dope, definitely a return to form, although it does get a little samey at some points.

H. Chad

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 05:52:58 PM »
the release date for album is 24th july...thats makin me think that this isnt gonna be the same as the retail. The retail will probably get pushed back again

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 11:28:58 PM »
album of the year.   8)
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

k1000

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2007, 11:59:53 PM »
          08  03:43 In The Mood   

that song appears on the new free KanYe mixtape with a verse of his, whereas it doesn't appear here.

XaNdEr

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 01:28:24 AM »
What i meant with myt post was to show some knuckleheads here how these "smart" mc's/rappers like Talib Kweli, Lupe Fiasco, etc. etc. are hipocrit as fuck. Example, Talib Kweli is known for his "hate" towards white people, but at the same time he want the black community to get accepted, using reverse racism to preach anti-racism is just dumb as fuck. Same with that Lupe Fiasco dude, skateboarding and all. When Jim Jones creates a skatingteam it's not cool, but when Lupe Fiasco makes (wack) songs about how he rides on his skateboard (no homo) then it is "part of his image".

No hate intended, these are just examples of the top of my mind, ill look if i can come up with some more. I just don't like these backpacker mc's and especially the ones who are considered to be "smart".

I rather bump some UGK, Young Jeezy, Fresh Prince, Bone Thugs or Lil' Wyte music. Some examples of the shit i'm down with.

Again, no hate intened, but imo the likes of Talib Kweli just suck at music. Everyone is so "hyped" about how lyrical dudes like that are, fuck that.

Elevz

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 11:14:23 AM »
Talib Kweli is known for his "hate" towards white people

Can you back that up, since that's what you base your theories around? I pretty much always thought Kweli (as well as Mos Def, Common, etc) was a positive rapper. He's no part of dead prez, Black Market Militia or anything likewise, revolutionary and violent...

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2007, 11:20:48 AM »

Can you back that up, since that's what you base your theories around? I pretty much always thought Kweli (as well as Mos Def, Common, etc) was a positive rapper. He's no part of dead prez, Black Market Militia or anything likewise, revolutionary and violent...
Pretty much off topic :P. But guess what I bought Elevz 8).. "Can I Borrow A Dollar" and "Resurrection" on vinyl 8).. Gonna come with the mail before friday  ;D

Elevz

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 11:27:14 AM »

Pretty much off topic :P. But guess what I bought Elevz 8).. "Can I Borrow A Dollar" and "Resurrection" on vinyl 8).. Gonna come with the mail before friday  ;D

Ha! That's classic right there, although I thought Can I Borrow A Dollar was corny - good looking on getting your collector game up!

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 12:36:37 PM »

Ha! That's classic right there, although I thought Can I Borrow A Dollar was corny - good looking on getting your collector game up!
Can I Borrow A Dollar isnt his best album, but i still like it.. It can be pretty hard to find on vinyl, but I got it for a nice prize..

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2007, 03:13:51 PM »
Just another point for Xander; UGK are featured on Country Cousins.