Author Topic: acgrundy is 100% right.  (Read 732 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

acgrundy is 100% right.
« on: June 04, 2007, 10:55:59 AM »
Everybody knows acgundy and I haven't been exactly cool with eachother throughout the years on this site. But I agree 100% with the points he was making about doctors, disorders, and medications etc (http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=145058.0). Al Bundy, you're a cool guy... Instead of getting offended and dissing him for what he's saying, I believe you should look into it and try being more understanding/open to opinions. No need to close the topics and hide from it, that's pretty much the same thing you do with the medication. You can control your brain more than it can control you...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: acgrundy is 100% right.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 11:04:15 AM »
If you don't have that condition, it's easy to say "you control your mind" and "you can do this" lol. Yeah, my legs work fine, so I just can't understand how people in wheelchairs can't just fucking walk? I'm skinny, how is it that people are fat fucks and can't do nothing about it? I am something, so everybody can be something. That is wrong. Some people are just different from others and there is no way they can change entirely.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 11:11:22 AM »
you and grundy are some dense dudes...

WestCoasta

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 11:21:38 AM »
personally I would never take medication on a daily basis, and if I had SAD then I would try to deal with it myself

but there's no doubt pills can work for people so I say whoever needs it, go ahead and do it if it works for u

I agree with grundy but at the same time maybe al bundy really can't do it without medication so it is what it is

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 11:21:55 AM »
Missing the whole point, fellas...I'm not saying I know Al Bundy and that I know what's best for him. But I know damn well that many people who have brain disorders despite being 100% functional can be cured through mind-power, which I believe to be much stronger and effective than most medications available. Kids get Ritalin when they are 7 years old for ADD. Doctors can be pathetic. EVERY kid has ADD. Your brain is more powerful than you think...Doctors are less powerful than you think.

Comparing a social condition to someone who is PHYSICALLY handicap is pretty lame as well...PeACe

WestCoasta

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 11:26:10 AM »
^ of course some can conquer it and some 'think' they can't or whatever and need medication, goes both ways

and yea, doctors giving pills to little kids doesn't sound smart but it's up to the parent to really make a decision if they want their kids on drugs or not, which is sad

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 11:28:20 AM »
You are what you think you are.

WestCoasta

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 11:29:33 AM »

definitely, I agree

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 11:33:50 AM »
Comparing a social condition to someone who is PHYSICALLY handicap is pretty lame as well...PeACe

Not as lame as you think. Physically, handicaps are just more visible. But the brain is physical, too. Of course there are doctors who do unnecessary shit to make money, natural cures not revealed to selll products etc etc... I'm aware of all of that and I didn't go to see a doctor for anything (and I mean anything) apart from the time when I had to check if I had a fracture in my cheekbone since I was like 15. That's not what I'm arguing against. The point is that some people DO have mental conditions that can't be "overcome", can't be changed entirely. People who are "normal" tend to not understand this. Again, the brain is just an organ... and if it's genetically destined to be a certain way, there is no way to fully solve the issue. Just look at all the people who have a very strong urge to kidnap, rape and kill little boys. They can't be helped. They get put in special institutions instead of jail and all, but in the end no matter what is done, those people just aren't normal. And they will never be.

Of course drugs won't solve the problem, but they can make life easier. Some problems can't be solved. Ever. It's a frustrating thought, but it's a reality many people can't deal with.

Pipe dream.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 11:43:53 AM »

Not as lame as you think. Physically, handicaps are just more visible. But the brain is physical, too. Of course there are doctors who do unnecessary shit to make money, natural cures not revealed to selll products etc etc... I'm aware of all of that and I didn't go to see a doctor for anything (and I mean anything) apart from the time when I had to check if I had a fracture in my cheekbone since I was like 15. That's not what I'm arguing against. The point is that some people DO have mental conditions that can't be "overcome", can't be changed entirely. People who are "normal" tend to not understand this. Again, the brain is just an organ... and if it's genetically destined to be a certain way, there is no way to fully solve the issue. Just look at all the people who have a very strong urge to kidnap, rape and kill little boys. They can't be helped. They get put in special institutions instead of jail and all, but in the end no matter what is done, those people just aren't normal. And they will never be.

Of course drugs won't solve the problem, but they can make life easier. Some problems can't be solved. Ever. It's a frustrating thought, but it's a reality many people can't deal with.

Pipe dream.

So people who kidnap, molest, rape etc. have a "chemical imbalance"? FUCK THAT. That's a criminal cop-out. It's the way they've handled their brain since birth that makes them who they are. Most of these people are fully functional and capable of improving. They're simply morons who don't have control over themselves. Of course if you lock them away and numb their brains, it'll stop them, but you think that's the only way? Not saying those dickheads deserve a chance to improve, but someone like Al Bundy CERTAINLY does, and I think if he considered what's being said, that's the first step right there...

PS...It's not a dream, it's reality...PeACe

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 11:51:17 AM »
considerin you dont know what dudes going through, why do you think you have the right to speak on how he should deal with it?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 11:51:32 AM »
If somebody has a damaged frontal lobe, or not a fully developed frontal lobe it's literally impossible for that person to function normally. 

WestCoasta

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 11:53:42 AM »
So people who kidnap, molest, rape etc. have a "chemical imbalance"? FUCK THAT. That's a criminal cop-out.

that's a stupid statement

It's the way they've handled their brain since birth that makes them who they are.

no, it's the way their parents raised them since birth

Most of these people are fully functional and capable of improving. They're simply morons who don't have control over themselves.

so somebody who molests a little kid is capable of improvement, are you fuckin serious?

of course they don't have control over themselves, maybe that's why they need to be locked up instead of "improving"

Of course if you lock them away and numb their brains, it'll stop them, but you think that's the only way?

um, yes dipshit

Not saying those dickheads deserve a chance to improve

this goes against all that you just wrote  :stupid: 

but someone like Al Bundy CERTAINLY does, and I think if he considered what's being said, that's the first step right there...

no one is denying that, just realize people are either gonna do it or not, why are you trying to sway opinions?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 11:54:41 AM »
If somebody has a damaged frontal lobe, or not a fully developed frontal lobe it's literally impossible for that person to function normally. 

Yes...But I am not speaking of those people. I'm speaking of people with ADD, ADHD, SAD, Social Phobia etc. The sort of MENTAL disorders which can be improved naturally...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 12:00:49 PM »
So people who kidnap, molest, rape etc. have a "chemical imbalance"? FUCK THAT. That's a criminal cop-out.

that's a stupid statement

It's the way they've handled their brain since birth that makes them who they are.

no, it's the way their parents raised them since birth

Most of these people are fully functional and capable of improving. They're simply morons who don't have control over themselves.

so somebody who molests a little kid is capable of improvement, are you fuckin serious?

of course they don't have control over themselves, maybe that's why they need to be locked up instead of "improving"

Of course if you lock them away and numb their brains, it'll stop them, but you think that's the only way?

um, yes dipshit

Not saying those dickheads deserve a chance to improve

this goes against all that you just wrote  :stupid: 

but someone like Al Bundy CERTAINLY does, and I think if he considered what's being said, that's the first step right there...

no one is denying that, just realize people are either gonna do it or not, why are you trying to sway opinions?

So you don't think someone who has raped in the past can improve themselves and later in life realize they did something REALLY dumb? LMAO. It's a combination of the way they were raised and the way their brain was developing since birth. Lots of people come out of completely fucked up families and end up great people. They don't have control over themselves, but they have a functional brain, therefore, they are fully capable. What don't you understand or what is it you're going against? No, locking a criminal up is not the only way to improve them. You're dumb if you think this. Nothing goes against what I wrote. Do they deserve to be locked up? Yes. Is there other ways to improve them? Yes. Do they deserve that chance? No....I'm not swaying any opinions, I just don't see why Al Bundy gets really mad and ends up locking threads when someone like me or acgrundy have a difference of opinion in regards to his condition. I can't speak for acgrundy, but I'm only trying to help...PeACe