Author Topic: acgrundy is 100% right.  (Read 702 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: acgrundy is 100% right.
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 12:02:32 PM »
considerin you dont know what dudes going through, why do you think you have the right to speak on how he should deal with it?

It's my opinion...Like I said, I'm not saying I know Al Bundy and that I know what's best for him, just my opinion...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 12:28:52 PM »
The problem is that many people, including you Nik, don't wanna realize that the brain is just another organ, an organ in which chemical and physical things occur. It's just not as blatantly obvious as disfunctional legs and shit. Not saying it is ultimately a problem, or a disorder, but definitely a condition. Let's take SAD as an example, as this is what Bundy claims to have. You think he's just shy, like many people are, and a little insecure and whatever, and you yourself, as like most people, have gone through moments in which you sorta had stoppages regarding a social situation. And because of this, you think you know what it's like and as you overcame it everybody can, since we're all humans. This is just ignorant. People need to realize that, I say it again, the brain is just an organ and can have certain unchallangeable conditions, just like any other damn organ of your body. Some people can eat exactly the same food as others, but will get fat and others won't... and there is nothing they can "think" to overcame that condition. The list of examples is endless.

Again also, I'm not debating that some people might just look for excuses or anything. But some people actually DO have issues and it is doing them no justice to be like "you can be what you wanna be"... Lol, that's something you tell little kids. And you rarely tell kids the harsh reality, right?

"Can be become president, daddy?"
"Sure kiddo. You can be everything you wanna be."

NOT.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 12:40:47 PM »
^The thing is, that kid COULD become the president. You'll understand this only if you can fully grasp human potential. I've noticed you're a negative person, 7even. No point in being that way. There are millions and millions of people who believe they have mental issues when they truly don't, when it's all created in their head. If you were REALLY shy, and always started shaking around new people you met from being nervous, would you believe a doctor if he told you that you had a problem in your brain? It all depends on the type of person you are...I'm the type of person that will need to see a picture of my brain with holes in it to believe something like that is true. And I'd STILL try to heal it naturally before resorting to meds. Mind over matter...PeACe

Al Bundy

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 02:05:23 PM »
now i wish i never posted this shit. it's not a cop out and i'm not saying that I have it for the fuck of it. i believe that i'm suffering from some of the symptoms of social anxiety disorder (not all of them.. i don't shake when I meet new people) and it has been very evident that I have it since I moved here. What does happen is that I have the constant fear of people judging me negatively but I do not believe it is happening. That IS social anxiety disorder. Maybe if you googled it and you wern't so ignorant to the problem, you might of ended up with this patch of information:

Overview

According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, social phobia is a persistent fear of one or more situations in which the person is exposed to possible scrutiny by others and fears that he or she may do something or act in a way that will be humiliating or embarrassing. [2] For one to be social phobic, exposure to the feared situation must provoke anxiety and the person must recognize this anxiety as irrational (although this may be absent in children). If another disorder is present, the social phobic fear is unrelated to it. For instance, if a person has a history of panic attacks, having a panic attack must not be the sufferer's fear. Sufferers are typically more self-conscious and self-attentive than others. [3] As a result, social phobics tend to limit or remove themselves from situations where they may be subject to evaluation. Sufferers often recognize their fear is excessive or irrational, yet can't seem to break out of the cycle. As such, the diagnosis of social phobia is made only when the fear leads to avoiding occupational functions, social activities, or relationships with others.[4]

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 02:10:08 PM »
^It's my opinion that believing you can't break out of it sets you back a whole lot. Like I said, deal with it how you like homie, I'm just completely against meds for "disorders" such as these...PeACe

Al Bundy

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 02:15:41 PM »
^It's my opinion that believing you can't break out of it sets you back a whole lot. Like I said, deal with it how you like homie, I'm just completely against meds for "disorders" such as these...PeACe

I understand that. But it seems like you're shoving your agenda down my throat (no homo)

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 02:39:03 PM »
hey bundy have you ever gone to a party or club drunk? can you talk to people when you are drunk? i am curious and not hating

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 03:07:52 PM »
Purely taking drugs to mask the problem probably isn't the answer, but if you combine them with therapy(or ideas you can get from therapy, you don't need the doctor, just the methods) you can improve greatly and get off the drugs. NIK and Grundy are right that you can force yourself to overcome the problem, but the drugs make it easier to get yourself into the situations you need to be in to improve things, a therapist would focus you on facing your fears and desensitizing yourself to it. Habits are formed after like 21 days right? There are a lot of ways to train your brain, try doing something that would make you anxious once a day for 21 days straight and see if you notice yourself getting more comfortable doing them.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2007, 03:24:37 PM »

.I'm not swaying any opinions, I just don't see why Al Bundy gets really mad and ends up locking threads when someone like me or acgrundy have a difference of opinion in regards to his condition.

:whistle:

If somebody has a damaged frontal lobe, or not a fully developed frontal lobe it's literally impossible for that person to function normally. 

Physically, handicaps are just more visible. But the brain is physical, too. Of course there are doctors who do unnecessary shit to make money, natural cures not revealed to selll products etc etc... I'm aware of all of that and I didn't go to see a doctor for anything (and I mean anything) apart from the time when I had to check if I had a fracture in my cheekbone since I was like 15. That's not what I'm arguing against. The point is that some people DO have mental conditions that can't be "overcome", can't be changed entirely. People who are "normal" tend to not understand this. Again, the brain is just an organ... and if it's genetically destined to be a certain way, there is no way to fully solve the issue. Just look at all the people who have a very strong urge to kidnap, rape and kill little boys. They can't be helped. They get put in special institutions instead of jail and all, but in the end no matter what is done, those people just aren't normal. And they will never be.

Of course drugs won't solve the problem, but they can make life easier. Some problems can't be solved. Ever. It's a frustrating thought, but it's a reality many people can't deal with.

real fuckin talk....... why speak on shit you know nothing about? You have no fuckin clue what its like to have this condition. To make vague,blanket assumptions about something you cannot experience makes you look like an idiot.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 03:32:05 PM by ^ReLentLess^ A.K.A. Cool Breeze »

herpes

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2007, 03:32:23 PM »
ahhh yes, the Tom Cruise of the DUBCC... not a ounce of medical training but knows more on the subject then anyone else.  As someone that went thru real bad depression and still battles it everyday it aint as easy to change as you would like to think.  Do you think people that go thru depression are happy being like that, enjoy being like that, want to be like that ?  No we dont, we would give out left fuckin nut to turn it off like that, but it dont work like that.  And dont give me some bullshit about how you know what its like to be depressed b/c if you didnt you wouldnt be making some bull shit statement like this. 

Al Bundy

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 03:33:44 PM »
hey bundy have you ever gone to a party or club drunk? can you talk to people when you are drunk? i am curious and not hating

yeah I can. it's certain situations. here's one:

if i'm standing in line at like the bank and there's alot of people i start getting nervous and let's say someone starts whispering, I automatically think they're talking negatively about me.

Al Bundy

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007, 03:34:37 PM »
ahhh yes, the Tom Cruise of the DUBCC... not a ounce of medical training but knows more on the subject then anyone else.  As someone that went thru real bad depression and still battles it everyday it aint as easy to change as you would like to think.  Do you think people that go thru depression are happy being like that, enjoy being like that, want to be like that ?  No we dont, we would give out left fuckin nut to turn it off like that, but it dont work like that.  And dont give me some bullshit about how you know what its like to be depressed b/c if you didnt you wouldnt be making some bull shit statement like this. 

i hate the mets but you're right.

Al Bundy

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007, 03:37:06 PM »
Purely taking drugs to mask the problem probably isn't the answer, but if you combine them with therapy(or ideas you can get from therapy, you don't need the doctor, just the methods) you can improve greatly and get off the drugs. NIK and Grundy are right that you can force yourself to overcome the problem, but the drugs make it easier to get yourself into the situations you need to be in to improve things, a therapist would focus you on facing your fears and desensitizing yourself to it. Habits are formed after like 21 days right? There are a lot of ways to train your brain, try doing something that would make you anxious once a day for 21 days straight and see if you notice yourself getting more comfortable doing them.

I'm not trying to mask the problem. I'm using them to try and break my habits. It makes it easier to talk to people and just be calm. I won't be taking them forever.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2007, 04:46:39 PM »
Honestly, I think I got something like this, but as I have been searching, it seems I don't have everythang that explains me, like I may have only one or two thangs from each 'disorder'. BUT ya see, as I search over all these disorders and mental conditions, it's like they are just part of a person's personality, not a sickness. You get what I'm sayin'?

For example a symptom to a disorder may be:
Prefer the known to the unknown
Very discreet and deliberate in dealing with others
Comfortable with habit, repetition, and routine
Extreme shyness/timidness
Emotional coldness, detachment or reduced affection.

Like how can that be labeled as disorders, when those could VERY WELL as fuck be personality traits. Ya know?

But I ain't talking about you Bundy or anybody else, I'm just sayin' that cuz it's crazy. But I know where you is coming from completely and when it comes to alot of that scientific, mind over matter shit, I don't believe that at all BUT when it comes to this case, it's hard. Becuz I have a form of something, ya know something, lol, but it's crazy cuz, like, that shit ain't who I am. I don't give a fuck about reading out loud or goin' up in front of the class or just plain speakin' but something got the fuck ahold of me and I just can't shake it.

And ya see, like others is sayin', I would never take a drug to help me with this. BUT THAT'S ME. I mean, everyday I just tell myself I'ma get over this sooner or later, whether that's helping or not, I have no clue. I try to sike my mind out of this shit on the daily. I don't know man, I tell myself I'ma have more confidence by a certain date, and whether I really do or I don't, if I keep tellin' myself that, I'll start believing it..

I don't know my dude, good luck man. Truthfully.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 04:48:41 PM by QuietTruth »

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 05:08:37 PM »
I'm not trying to mask the problem. I'm using them to try and break my habits. It makes it easier to talk to people and just be calm. I won't be taking them forever.
I know you're not, like you said you're using it to help break the habit. I was just saying that the medicine is only one part of the equation, if you don't force yourself to get outside of your comfort zones you'll likely end up masking the problem. Theres a reason that there's such a high rate of alcoholism with anxiety disorders, it provides a quick but temporary fix to something that needs more than that. You should combine your medication with physical practices. Like you said the medicine makes it easier to get out and talk to people; which is the important part, becoming used to doing it. The more you do it the more you'll become desensitized to the process and thats an effective way to break the habit.