Author Topic: acgrundy is 100% right.  (Read 734 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: acgrundy is 100% right.
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2007, 03:17:52 PM »
Nicely put, 7even. That does leave me with one question: how curable is Bundy's condition? Will he be forever dependant on medicines to turn his chemical balance into something that makes life enjoyable, or could there be a point where his brain catches up and 'learns' to do this independantly? That's really the question for me: are we talking about a disorder through a lack of development of certain brain sections, or are these brain sections symply not capable of functioning properly at all? It's an interesting point, knowing that most development disorders are highly influenced by controllable properties.

Yup, can't give an ultimate answer to that, neither do I know Bundy nor am I something close to a doctor. Personally I think his condition can be improved, but he will always have the potential to dive back into it... To use a more visible example again, like a endomorphic person (people who naturally put on weight faster/easier than average) who is over-weight can lose a significant amount of weight... but that person still has a much higher potential to become over-weight easily than an ectomorphic person , since the person will still be endomorphic, due to the genes, no matter the weight the person currently has achieved.
By that I mean that the fundament of the condition will always exist, but if he is lucky he can deal with this condition much better than in the past, that is definitely a possibilty.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2007, 10:43:52 AM »
I wouldn't compare the way you think to the way your body takes in food. Bad analogy, 7even.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2007, 10:50:05 AM »
It's not even just an analogy. The brain is just another part of your body. I don't seperate "mind" from "brain".
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2007, 10:55:30 AM »
It's not even just an analogy. The brain is just another part of your body. I don't seperate "mind" from "brain".

The brain is a part of the body, but it's up to you how you use it (as long as it's fully functional).

Elevz

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2007, 12:37:09 PM »
Nicely put, 7even. That does leave me with one question: how curable is Bundy's condition? Will he be forever dependant on medicines to turn his chemical balance into something that makes life enjoyable, or could there be a point where his brain catches up and 'learns' to do this independantly? That's really the question for me: are we talking about a disorder through a lack of development of certain brain sections, or are these brain sections symply not capable of functioning properly at all? It's an interesting point, knowing that most development disorders are highly influenced by controllable properties.

Yup, can't give an ultimate answer to that, neither do I know Bundy nor am I something close to a doctor. Personally I think his condition can be improved, but he will always have the potential to dive back into it... To use a more visible example again, like a endomorphic person (people who naturally put on weight faster/easier than average) who is over-weight can lose a significant amount of weight... but that person still has a much higher potential to become over-weight easily than an ectomorphic person , since the person will still be endomorphic, due to the genes, no matter the weight the person currently has achieved.
By that I mean that the fundament of the condition will always exist, but if he is lucky he can deal with this condition much better than in the past, that is definitely a possibilty.

Well, an endomorphic person won't necessarily have to fall back into obeseness after he has lost weight. Same thing probably goes for the brain: I remember hearing something about frontal lobes in this discussion? I know enough about psychology to realise that you're bound to experience trouble socially and emotionally if your frontal lobes end up underdeveloped after the first years of your life. That's when the brain settles, but the good thing about the brain is that it's constantly in development. That does make it possible to focus on the development of certain parts of the brain and correct lackings, simply by training. Most disorders are the results of simply that: a lack of development of certain parts of the brain, which often are anything but genetically determined. It does make a huge difference; I'd love to hear from Bundy whether his brain is malfunctioned or "just" underdeveloped at certain parts.

I'd love to hear him tell us it's the latter - that would mean Bundy just has to fight his ass off and struggle with it, no matter how impossible it may seem at first, but knowing his style a little (long live the online personas!), he'll be good in the end.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »
If your brain is underdeveloped, that is something completely different.

Elevz

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2007, 12:44:02 PM »
^^ It is? Most of these common disorders are just that..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2007, 12:58:01 PM »
I highly doubt disorders such as ADD, SAD, ADHD,  etc. are from "underdeveloped" brains.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2007, 01:13:16 PM »
I do think it is a combination of things that make you have a certain disorder. You can trick yourself into having an anxiety attack and in my case I was having them for no reason. Which is a sign of an imbalance. Nothing was triggering it they would just happen. Your brain and your body are more connected than you think. I got over my anxiety disorder without medication. Meditation is a good way to balance out you nervous system. I have been meditating before I go to sleep and been getting thereputic massages every 2 months. ADD is a bullshit disorder. I was diagnosed with it when I was real young because I wouldn't listen to authority and was defiant. Which I still am. But I was on ritalin for like a year when I was like 8 and stopped taking it because it gave me migraine headaches.

Elevz

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2007, 01:20:36 PM »
I highly doubt disorders such as ADD, SAD, ADHD,  etc. are from "underdeveloped" brains.

In fact, they are. Yes, genes do play an important part, because they are what initially set up the body and caused its weaknesses. The rest is all external, and that explains why the number of kids with some of these development disorders is rising at such an excessive rate: kids grow up in less interactive environments; they watch tv instead of playing with other kids. Just that is enough to affect the early development of the brain in such a bad way that these disorders have become rather common. I'm not familiar with SAD, but I know ADD/ADHD and autism are like that.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2007, 02:48:15 PM »

In fact, they are. Yes, genes do play an important part, because they are what initially set up the body and caused its weaknesses. The rest is all external, and that explains why the number of kids with some of these development disorders is rising at such an excessive rate: kids grow up in less interactive environments; they watch tv instead of playing with other kids. Just that is enough to affect the early development of the brain in such a bad way that these disorders have become rather common. I'm not familiar with SAD, but I know ADD/ADHD and autism are like that.

LOL. ADD has nothing to do with your brain being underdeveloped. ADD is a made up "condition" for defiant kids or kids who are considered disobedient and pay less attention. ADHD also, for kids who are defiant/hyperactive. It's a bunch of BS, they can literally class ANYONE under ADD or ADHD without knowing shit. Humans grow out of these conditions NATURALLY all the time, it's a proven fact. And LOL@comparing ADD to Autism. :-X

herpes

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2007, 03:20:48 PM »
NIK stfu already, this is coming from a person who says if you suffer from depression or social anxiety you dont need medication.  And if you do take medication hes pretty much insinuating you're a weak person if you do take them.  But yet this is the same cat that said he cant get through or cope with his day if he doesnt smoke weed.  *waits for the why dont you find that post you stupid jerkface* so Im going to cover my bases here and let you know I have to be somewhere at 8.  And I wont be home untill 11 then which I have to work out.  And then go to sleep b/c I have this thing in the mourning called a job.  So I dont have time to search for post like your worthless self medicating ass does.

Elevz

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2007, 09:52:55 AM »

LOL. ADD has nothing to do with your brain being underdeveloped. ADD is a made up "condition" for defiant kids or kids who are considered disobedient and pay less attention. ADHD also, for kids who are defiant/hyperactive. It's a bunch of BS, they can literally class ANYONE under ADD or ADHD without knowing shit. Humans grow out of these conditions NATURALLY all the time, it's a proven fact. And LOL@comparing ADD to Autism. :-X

And of course you know what you're talking about. You're living in the center of a circle they call Truth, right?

Have you done any research on the subject, let alone having written a scripture on it? Didn't think so. So why bother questioning the input of someone who has?

I never said ADD and ADHD weren't made up conditions. In fact, all conditions are made up, as they're "discoveries". Anything mental state deviant from what's considered "normal" could be considered a disorder by the same logic. Fact is, people with the disorders mentioned actually do have something that hinders them in life. Now whether or not you believe me when I say these disorders are "caused" by underdeveloped brain sections - that's up to you.

Chief

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2007, 10:36:36 AM »
yeah NIK's bein a bit of a top gun on this one, bit of a impossible mission to know for sure, there are a few good men on this site that know whats up though, its a war of the worlds when it comes down to it, although you can bet the last samurai will win and drink a cocktail while lookin at a vanilla sky...

you get the point.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2007, 11:23:26 AM »
NIK stfu already, this is coming from a person who says if you suffer from depression or social anxiety you dont need medication.  And if you do take medication hes pretty much insinuating you're a weak person if you do take them.  But yet this is the same cat that said he cant get through or cope with his day if he doesnt smoke weed.  *waits for the why dont you find that post you stupid jerkface* so Im going to cover my bases here and let you know I have to be somewhere at 8.  And I wont be home untill 11 then which I have to work out.  And then go to sleep b/c I have this thing in the mourning called a job.  So I dont have time to search for post like your worthless self medicating ass does.

Tom. You're a mess. That shit leaks through your posts, homie. LOL. What did I say that was wrong? I never said I can't get through the day if I don't smoke weed...sure, the day is more enjoyable and relaxing if I do, but I never said I CAN'T cope without it. CAN'T is a word I rarely use...I understand why you're depressed though. I would be too...PeACe