Author Topic: Still I Rise or 36 chambers? (Tha Outlawz or Wu Tang)  (Read 479 times)

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
Re: Still I Rise or 36 chambers? (Tha Outlawz or Wu Tang)
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 10:29:27 PM »
Just forget the "influence" on the game. WHat you have left is a album of cheap ass beat mixed in 15 minutes and fuckin' disgusting quality for your ears to listen to

Wow. I don't know whether you say that just to shock people or anything, but damn... I guess Enter The Wu-Tang just wasn't for everybody.

i bought 36 chambers in 1996 and the first time i thought the grimmy dirty side of the sound quality was really an handicap to the cd but after 10 years i can say it is something that makes it great

XaNdEr

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 10:52:18 PM »
I think Xander lost his mind...he  still the homie though 8)

Nah man, if i gotta pick one of the 2 cd's mentioned, then i go with Still I Rise. For me it is much better. And it also has a better quality, i hate it when cd's are not mastered, have bad sound effects, plus i just don't see what the "big deal" about Enter The 36 Chambers is, to me it's just an overhyped album.

I also like the Outlawz-style of rapping and stuff, plus the beats on Still I Rise are far better then 36 Chambers (of course around the time 36 Chambers came out the beatmakin' stuff was not as developped as in 1999 but still).

I think that's the problem with many people, they act like nothing good is coming out anymore, but let's take an album that came out this year, let's say Buck The World, nothing groundbreaking, dope album though. If this came out in 1993 though it would have changed music in a sorta way. Nowadays many cd's are mastered much better, have better beats (i take a recent Jazze Pha beat over an old Rza beat anyday) etc. etc.

Of course you can't expect something totally new anymore, like Nas said "there's nothing new under the sun" and almost everything has been done already, from gangsta-rap to Tribe Called Quest-shit. So yeah, people have expectations of albums that are never gonna come through, so they get disappointed everytime they hear something new and miss out on a lot of gems.

+1, you're a cool poster, i respect your opinion.  8)

Efrain

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2007, 11:02:24 PM »
i take a recent Jazze Pha beat over an old Rza beat anyday)

ROFL! LOLOLOLOL

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2007, 11:33:59 PM »
I think Xander lost his mind...he  still the homie though 8)

Nah man, if i gotta pick one of the 2 cd's mentioned, then i go with Still I Rise. For me it is much better. And it also has a better quality, i hate it when cd's are not mastered, have bad sound effects, plus i just don't see what the "big deal" about Enter The 36 Chambers is, to me it's just an overhyped album.

I also like the Outlawz-style of rapping and stuff, plus the beats on Still I Rise are far better then 36 Chambers (of course around the time 36 Chambers came out the beatmakin' stuff was not as developped as in 1999 but still).

I think that's the problem with many people, they act like nothing good is coming out anymore, but let's take an album that came out this year, let's say Buck The World, nothing groundbreaking, dope album though. If this came out in 1993 though it would have changed music in a sorta way. Nowadays many cd's are mastered much better, have better beats (i take a recent Jazze Pha beat over an old Rza beat anyday) etc. etc.

Of course you can't expect something totally new anymore, like Nas said "there's nothing new under the sun" and almost everything has been done already, from gangsta-rap to Tribe Called Quest-shit. So yeah, people have expectations of albums that are never gonna come through, so they get disappointed everytime they hear something new and miss out on a lot of gems.

+1, you're a cool poster, i respect your opinion.  8)

I don't care for un-mastered albums myself, but Enter the 36...was just raw hip-hop. 7-8 great personalities just spittin. It wasn't a forced album, just something they put out. Dudes flipped some fuckin lyrical gymnastics on this. I'm not a big fan or pre-96 music myself either. So what if you have to turn it up more in your car, it's worth it. And as far as Jazze's current beats over RZA's past, no way imo. RZA was a groundbreaking producer, Jazze Pha CURRENT work is whatever he thinks the pop wants.

As far as SIR, I dunno, the Outlawz dominating an album just bored me, Pac's verses felt like they didn't belong, and u can't tell me "Tear Drops & Closed Caskets" wasn;t originally JUST a Pac song. The 'Lawz came into there own on Novakane, but this SIR album was just to capitalze on Pac's recent passing imho.

XaNdEr

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2007, 01:43:24 AM »
It is how you look at it. I think Jazze Pha is capable of adapting to his listeners, if he wanna make a mainstream record he can. Rza never really made these catchy mainstream records, he has made good beats, but nothing near mainstream level, closest song to mainstream for him is prolly that Biggie song off Life After Death.

I think it is a great advantage when a producer (or rapper) can adapt to the listeners and make sure his beats (or raps) get heard by the masses. It is definately a skill too.

Wether Jazze Pha is better then Rza or the other way around, is just an opinion. I only called Jazze Pha in my post cause he came to my mind when i thought about recent good producers, i could name some others here as well, like Timbaland, Just Blaze, DJ Paul & Juicy J etc.

I can really enjoy Still I Rise, and i can't seem to like Enter The 36 Chambers, so to me, Still I Rise is way better. That is my opinion, i can see your point though. 36 Chambers has set a point ofr others, while Still I Rise is following a certain formula Pac created, so in that aspect i can see it is not "original" but then again, by the time 36 Chambers came out, there was already made lots of "gangsta-rap" and stuff like that so i don't think 36 Chambers is 100% original as well. It's all a matter of opinions though. For me, Still I Rise >>> 36 Chambers.  8)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2007, 09:16:51 AM »
Nice thread.

+1 to Xander, u say alot of good ish

kemizt

XaNdEr

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2007, 09:25:55 AM »
Props back at ya, i just say what i think of it, to me Still I Rise is an underappreciated album. It is sad to see people discarding the album before even really listening to it just "cause the Outlawz try to get profit off Pac's death".

I don't think that is the case, if anything it is an hommage to Pac. The Outlawz been with Pac for a long time and they together had a style, it is not just Pac. Maybe he influenced the Outlawz, but even when that happened it is still the whole image they both created, and not just Pac. They also worked with producers who worked with Pac when he was alive, Johnny J, QDIII and even Kurupt and Daz produce each 1 song on it. Nate Dogg sings on Teardrops & Closed Caskets. All people Pac worked with when he was alive, this album, together with Until The End Of Time (which featured the rappers and producers Pac worked with when he was still alive) are the 2 best post-humous releases of 2Pac.

On that note, let me continue to say i like the style the Outlawz and Pac created, i can see what they mean, how they picture it and their raps just have something extra what many other songs don't have. I mean Letter To The President, As The World Turns, Teardrops & Closed Caskets, Hell 4 A Hustler etc. etc. are kinda deep songs.

Add that to the fact i like quality albums (and not just good songs, but this includes mastering etc. as well) and i have to like Still I Rise more then 36 Chambers, no hate intended but for me this is the truth.

Throwback

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2007, 09:32:27 AM »
lmfao @ xander. next thing you know he's gonna say Vitesse is going to be a contender for the championship next year.

XaNdEr

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2007, 09:32:47 AM »
Actually.....they are.

Throwback

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2007, 09:33:07 AM »
hahahahahahahaha!

XaNdEr

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2007, 09:33:27 AM »
 ;)