Poll

which album do you consider the best and please explain why

midnight marauders
the low end theory

Author Topic: midnight marauders vs the low end theory  (Read 475 times)

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
midnight marauders vs the low end theory
« on: June 04, 2007, 04:42:56 PM »
i just bought the low end theory and like many great albums you can't catch the greatness of it by just dl it, you need to buy it and have the original copy in your hand with the best quality and the credits and all that. Most people say that midnight maurauders is their other classic album i'd like to know what yall think of these 2 albums and which one most people think is the best one.

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: midnight marauders vs the low end theory
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 05:41:16 PM »
to me they both classics but the low end theory is the best one imo.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 06:51:28 PM »
I love them both, and they are both classics to me.  I think Midnight Marauders is a bit more consistent overall, but the Low End Theory's top 5 songs are better than MM's top 5 songs, if you catch what I'm saying.  Absolutely def w/o a doubt cop Peoples Instinctive Travels... as well.  It's another personal classic for me.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 08:43:14 PM »
sure, im a buy them all, anyway there's nothing good coming out nowadays so i aint gonna spend money on 50 cent or mike jones

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »
Fuckin' classic stuff man.I feel what Jrome's saying tho.For me, Midnight Marauders is slightly better as an overall package, but Low eND tHEORY HAS more or better stand out songs.Situation's almost the same as Pete Rock and C.L. Smooth's first two LP's

And I feel you on what you said about having the album in your hands to feel its true greatness.I ain't got many albums, but when I bump those that I have on the system, look at the actual booklet, feeling is much better that bumping it on the PC
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Elevz

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 11:25:01 AM »
The Low End Theory has been my second favorite hip-hop album for a while now, after Illmatic.

In fact, I'm kinda surprised to see people calling Midnight Marauders more consistant, with The Low End Theory having the best "standout" tracks. To me, Midnight Marauders is anything but consistant: it's a really good album, but tracks like "8 Million Stories" and "Midnight" don't nearly move me as much as "We Can Get Down" or "Oh My God". The Low End Theory on the other hand was a great solid piece from front to back - I wouldn't be able to point out one standout track out of the 13 building up to the ultimate climax they call "Scenario".

Wow. Thanks for bringing this up - I need to bump the shit out of these albums again!

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 04:02:11 PM »
midnight marauders. i think they stepped their game up for it. plus i prefer the darker tone of the album. it's one of my all time favorite albums.

herpes

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 04:21:49 PM »
Midnight Maurauders, personally I actually liked there first album people's instinctive travels and the paths of rhythm better then the low end theory.  all 3 are classics tho

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 08:46:28 PM »
Not many albums I give perfect rating to but both of these get one from me.  I really can't pick which one I prefer, two masterpieces.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 08:49:40 PM »
Both are classic LP's, but I gotta go with MM. That album still sounds so good today quality wise. Definitely one of my top five albums of all time.
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 10:24:07 PM »
thanks to all, i really need to get me a copy of every album they did

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 11:13:52 PM »
The Low End Theory has been my second favorite hip-hop album for a while now, after Illmatic.

In fact, I'm kinda surprised to see people calling Midnight Marauders more consistant, with The Low End Theory having the best "standout" tracks. To me, Midnight Marauders is anything but consistant: it's a really good album, but tracks like "8 Million Stories" and "Midnight" don't nearly move me as much as "We Can Get Down" or "Oh My God". The Low End Theory on the other hand was a great solid piece from front to back - I wouldn't be able to point out one standout track out of the 13 building up to the ultimate climax they call "Scenario".

Wow. Thanks for bringing this up - I need to bump the shit out of these albums again!

I believe that there are a couple joints of LET that are worse than any joint on MM.  Those joints being "Sky Pager" and "What?".  For me at least, beyond hearing those joints a few times initially, I tend to skip them.  That's what hurts the album overall.  But like I said, LET's top 5 joints are better than MM's best joints.  But MM I can consistently bump w/o tryin to skip, and LET leads me to skip sometimes.

But my all means, I absolutely love both albums, they are both classics to me and largely looked at as classics overall.  ATCQ is one of those incredible Hip Hop groups that we were lucky to hear and I'll never get tired of those albums.

Elevz

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 04:56:49 AM »
I believe that there are a couple joints of LET that are worse than any joint on MM.  Those joints being "Sky Pager" and "What?".  For me at least, beyond hearing those joints a few times initially, I tend to skip them.  That's what hurts the album overall.  But like I said, LET's top 5 joints are better than MM's best joints.  But MM I can consistently bump w/o tryin to skip, and LET leads me to skip sometimes.

It's funny you mention "Sky Pager" and "What?" as being the weaker joints of TLET, while I personally thought it was exactly those tunes that made the climax in Scenario possible. In fact, I strongly believe the album even got its title solely because of the overall themes of songs like "Butter", "The Infamous Date Rape", "Sky Pager" and "What?". To me, they turned the album into exactly what made it so great to begin with!

+1 however :)

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 05:17:22 AM »
I fuckin' love Skypager.Really great track, but I can agree with What being skippable at times.Also, Peoples Extinctive... and Beats, Rhymes and Life are imo, amazing albums as well.That makes 4 great albums in a row, and that's pretty hard to compete with in Hip-Hop
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 08:48:31 AM »
Midnight Marauders is better