Poll

which album do you consider the best and please explain why

midnight marauders
the low end theory

Author Topic: midnight marauders vs the low end theory  (Read 474 times)

Elevz

Re: midnight marauders vs the low end theory
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 09:35:09 AM »
Midnight Marauders is better

Wrong. You like it better.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 10:49:27 AM »

yeah...the low end theory is more of a classic though

everlast1986

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 08:46:22 AM »
The Low End Theory = ground breaking and phenomenal

Midnight Marauders = anyone that knows music can't argue this is a classic

ac1386

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 12:15:58 PM »
I love them both, and they are both classics to me.  I think Midnight Marauders is a bit more consistent overall, but the Low End Theory's top 5 songs are better than MM's top 5 songs, if you catch what I'm saying.  Absolutely def w/o a doubt cop Peoples Instinctive Travels... as well.  It's another personal classic for me.

I completely agree with that...mm has every song at a very high level but then low end theory has songs like show business, what?, and scenario which are all top hip hop songs ever.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2007, 12:39:56 PM »
I believe that there are a couple joints of LET that are worse than any joint on MM.  Those joints being "Sky Pager" and "What?".  For me at least, beyond hearing those joints a few times initially, I tend to skip them.  That's what hurts the album overall.  But like I said, LET's top 5 joints are better than MM's best joints.  But MM I can consistently bump w/o tryin to skip, and LET leads me to skip sometimes.

It's funny you mention "Sky Pager" and "What?" as being the weaker joints of TLET, while I personally thought it was exactly those tunes that made the climax in Scenario possible. In fact, I strongly believe the album even got its title solely because of the overall themes of songs like "Butter", "The Infamous Date Rape", "Sky Pager" and "What?". To me, they turned the album into exactly what made it so great to begin with!

+1 however :)

When the opening notes on Scenario drop after "What?", you just have that feeling that something is about to pop off.  It is the ultimate crescendo.  And it really does complete the album very well, finishing out on those 2 songs.  But "What?" as a solitary song has little replay value to me.  Not wack by any means, but it's just such a song that never really suits any sort of mood, and loses its appeal after only a few listens in my opinion. 

But like you said, in reference to the album as a whole, it is very complementary.  It takes you to the lowest spot, and then arguably to the highest w/ Scenario.  I'll always appreciate it, but never single it out to bump on its own.

Elevz

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2007, 01:52:08 PM »
I believe that there are a couple joints of LET that are worse than any joint on MM.  Those joints being "Sky Pager" and "What?".  For me at least, beyond hearing those joints a few times initially, I tend to skip them.  That's what hurts the album overall.  But like I said, LET's top 5 joints are better than MM's best joints.  But MM I can consistently bump w/o tryin to skip, and LET leads me to skip sometimes.

It's funny you mention "Sky Pager" and "What?" as being the weaker joints of TLET, while I personally thought it was exactly those tunes that made the climax in Scenario possible. In fact, I strongly believe the album even got its title solely because of the overall themes of songs like "Butter", "The Infamous Date Rape", "Sky Pager" and "What?". To me, they turned the album into exactly what made it so great to begin with!

+1 however :)

When the opening notes on Scenario drop after "What?", you just have that feeling that something is about to pop off.  It is the ultimate crescendo.  And it really does complete the album very well, finishing out on those 2 songs.  But "What?" as a solitary song has little replay value to me.  Not wack by any means, but it's just such a song that never really suits any sort of mood, and loses its appeal after only a few listens in my opinion. 

But like you said, in reference to the album as a whole, it is very complementary.  It takes you to the lowest spot, and then arguably to the highest w/ Scenario.  I'll always appreciate it, but never single it out to bump on its own.

Yeah, maybe that's what makes the difference: I rarely bump tracks on their own, and because it fits in so well with the rest of the album, What? is nothing but a great part of an even greater album to me. I wonder what you mean by What? taking the album to the lowest spot though - it wasn't that low, was it?

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2007, 11:22:12 AM »
People's instinctive travels and the paths of rhythm is my favourite Quest album. Out of these two I might have to go with midnight marauders

XaNdEr

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2007, 11:28:25 AM »

The Low End Theory has been my second favorite hip-hop album for a while now, after Illmatic.

In fact, I'm kinda surprised to see people calling Midnight Marauders more consistant, with The Low End Theory having the best "standout" tracks. To me, Midnight Marauders is anything but consistant: it's a really good album, but tracks like "8 Million Stories" and "Midnight" don't nearly move me as much as "We Can Get Down" or "Oh My God". The Low End Theory on the other hand was a great solid piece from front to back - I wouldn't be able to point out one standout track out of the 13 building up to the ultimate climax they call "Scenario".

Wow. Thanks for bringing this up - I need to bump the shit out of these albums again!

::)  Nerd.

Elevz

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2007, 12:28:39 PM »

I'm really sorry for having an opinion of my own. Something you should try for once.

XaNdEr

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2007, 03:47:58 AM »

I'm really sorry for having an opinion of my own. Something you should try for once.

Actually, you blame someone for something you do yourself. You actually have the nerve of going against someone who did the same as you, so i don't see what right you have to talk back to me.  :laugh:

And i don't see how i don't have an own opinion. I was basically the first one to go against you, with your arrogant attitude like you're Mister-I-Know-It-All. You're not better then anyone else on this forum, wake up out your dreamworld fool. Plus since everyone here doesn't speak on your attitude and i do, how am i not having an own opinion?

I think when i'm one of the few who actually stand up then i have an own opinion don't you think. Now go ahead and break down my post in tiny little pieces so my words don't make sense anymore and have lost all their meaning. But these words still stay here though, no matter what you do to them: Fuck You.

:)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 03:49:35 AM by Xander. »

Elevz

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2007, 04:00:20 AM »

Actually, you blame someone for something you do yourself. You actually have the nerve of going against someone who did the same as you, so i don't see what right you have to talk back to me.  :laugh:

And i don't see how i don't have an own opinion. I was basically the first one to go against you, with your arrogant attitude like you're Mister-I-Know-It-All. You're not better then anyone else on this forum, wake up out your dreamworld fool. Plus since everyone here doesn't speak on your attitude and i do, how am i not having an own opinion?

I think when i'm one of the few who actually stand up then i have an own opinion don't you think. Now go ahead and break down my post in tiny little pieces so my words don't make sense anymore and have lost all their meaning. But these words still stay here though, no matter what you do to them: Fuck You.

:)

Thing is, you blame me for claiming to be a "Mister-I-Know-It-All", while that's EXACTLY what YOU are doing. Check my post history and come to find out how incredibly often I give people credit for having opinions that differ from mine. Check my post history and come to find out how often I ASK people for reasoning, instead of simply discrediting their words. That's something YOU do, not me.

I'm actually open for debate, and I'll give proper respect to anyone who's open to it as well, while you? You judge and condemn. That's plain ignorance, you should know it homeboy. The only reason you're the only one "standing up" against me, is because you're the only one who considers my ways troubling.

And as for the whole "secretly dissing stuff"... When you "addressed" it last night you were at -142, and now that I've come back online I see you're at -148. Point proven, I'd say.

XaNdEr

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2007, 08:49:58 AM »
Damn, never thought you was following and monitoring my karma that much....jeez what's next? Get the fuck off my dick little bitch.

You think you are so important that it's an honor to be respected by you and get the pat on the back from you. Fuck that shit. I never claiming to know everything, i don't. Matter of fact i'm doing almost nothing for school and today failed another exam, and i don't consider that smart or anything. It's more like stupid. I don't think i know it all at all, you seeing ghosts.  :)

Stop following me and my karma or i report you to Seer for stalking.

Elevz

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2007, 12:04:39 PM »
Damn, never thought you was following and monitoring my karma that much....jeez what's next? Get the fuck off my dick little bitch.

You accused me of touching your karma. I looked at it the other day and thought it wasn't necessary for me to touch it. You keep making a fuss about it, keep making those accusations towards me, and as I look again I see your karma has dropped a shit load again. Oh sure, that's me and my 5 accounts each with over 500 posts getting ready to drop a diss on you every time I get the chance. I should, but the fact is I don't care enough. Get a grip man... How is it bad for me to simply notice something you actually addressed me for in the first place?

You think you are so important that it's an honor to be respected by you and get the pat on the back from you. Fuck that shit. I never claiming to know everything, i don't.

You don't know everything, but you are capable of looking inside my mind. That's wonderful, you're gifted.

And once again, my point still stands: I really don't understand why you're so hateful towards me, or why you even had to jump into this discussion offending me in the first place. Now who's the so-called nutrider?

Seriously though, I come in here just for the sake of discussion. If you don't like my reasons for coming here, why do you care so much? I don't condemn anyone for their opinion, and if you really were open for debate, you would have known this. Since you're not, the question is, why are you here? Just to talk shit and act funny? (gotta give you that -- you're an entertaining poster)

XaNdEr

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2007, 10:51:51 PM »
I'm just havin fun mayne, and getting pussies like you worked up is fun to me.

I post good stuff in other sections, but since this is the place where you are, and i don't feel like being replied to by you, i don't post much of value in this section. If i post something you break it down about what is not "correct" blablablabla haha fuck outta here homie, you lost.

Elevz

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2007, 12:56:38 AM »
I post good stuff in other sections, but since this is the place where you are, and i don't feel like being replied to by you, i don't post much of value in this section. If i post something you break it down about what is not "correct" blablablabla haha fuck outta here homie, you lost.

That's the problem with a dumb fool like yourself: I don't say something's not "correct", that's just how your ignorant ass interprets these things. All I'm constantly doing, is asking for reason. If I don't see the logic behind certain statements, I'll ask for it. Just your luck that you don't see the difference between asking and condemning. Of course you'll feel like "I lost". I won't blame you at all - just enjoy your virtuous state.