Author Topic: "Follow Me" Urges Skeez Of San Diego (New Artist + Audio)  (Read 74 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
"Follow Me" Urges Skeez Of San Diego (New Artist + Audio)
« on: June 07, 2007, 02:07:56 AM »
http://www.dubcnn.com/

Check out the Audio and drop feedback!

Skeez - Do That (Produced By Czar Beats)
Skeez - My System (Produced By Tommy Redding)
Skeez - Muthaf-cka (Produced By DJ Happee)

"Follow Me" Urges Skeez Of San Diego - June 7, 2007 By : Rud

San Diego has been the breeding ground of talented artists for some time now and today we have the pleasure of introducing someone who hopes to add to the ranks of MC's next to blow.

24 year old Clayton Scott commonly known as Skeez grew up in the Southeast side of San Diego, California and developed his love for Hip-Hop from an early age. From Break Dancing at the age of three to freestyling at twelve, Skeez became more and more involved in the artform, at the age of 15 he was participating in and winning various street battles - Skeez was even runner up at the Source Unsigned Hype And1 tour when it passed though San Diego.

"Many people I meet know me from battles at the Shamrock and on the beach. Taking money and hurting feelings," recalls Skeez. The notoriety he gained locally led him to a job with San Diego’s #1 Hip Hop radio station Z90, hosting parties and promotional events. In 2004 and 2005 Skeez performed at The House of Blues opening for Grammy winning Bone Thugs-N-Harmony as well as performances alongside Frankie J, Baby Bash, J-Kwon, Lil’ Jon, Pitbull and Ying Yang Twins. He was also a feature performer at Spring Break in Rosarito that same year.

With the birth of his son Hasani in 2005 and the sudden death of his mother in 2006, life’s hardships and added responsibilities refueled his desire to bring his passion, creativity and prowess to the masses. Having linked back up with childhood friend Tytanik, as well as Mike Wheelz, G.O.S., Mac Shawn and Chris Barclay they formed the collective The Enterprise which has been making noise around San Diego.

Moving into 2007 saw the buzz continue with the release of his mixtape and album sampler entitled "The Awakening" [download at DatPiff] which is set to lead up to the release of his planned debut album "Follow Me" due in the Summer. Skeez is currently on a mini promotional tour through San Diego called the No Passport Needed Tour as well as shows where he is opening for Keak Da Sneak and Too Short.

Below we have three tracks to sample from Skeez that are set to be on his debut album "Follow Me" due later in the Summer. One is the Czar Beatz produced "Do That," the albums lead single, and the hard hitting "My System" produced by Tommy Redding. The third track is "Muthaf-cka" or "Mutha Mutha" (Radio Version) that is produced by DJ Happee (Z90.3/Bumsquad DJ's).

Skeez - Do That (Produced By Czar Beats)
Skeez - My System (Produced By Tommy Redding)
Skeez - Muthaf-cka (Produced By DJ Happee)

In related news Skeez is currently in talks with Black Shield Entertainment of Atlanta regarding his management and is already in the process of working with the renowned Slip N Slide Records to be their "On the Grind" artist which will include a mixtape feature and radio play. We also just got word that DJ EFN will be hosting his next mixtape titled "619 To Da 305: The Initiation."

Stay tuned to dubcnn for the latest news and audio from Skeez, until then make sure you check him out at his official MySpace page.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Tha Cali Grizz

• 'G'
Re: "Follow Me" Urges Skeez Of San Diego (New Artist + Audio)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 05:59:39 AM »
This dude is totally misrepresenting THE SOUTHEAST!  This dude is hella wack.  I would run into this guy a couple times and I've never seen him battle anybody, perform or nothin like that!  He's even been to my bands shows and when cats would get in a freestyle cipher dude would just look or just stand to the side!  Uh OH yall! 

XaNdEr

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 06:11:19 AM »
This dude is totally misrepresenting THE SOUTHEAST!  This dude is hella wack.  I would run into this guy a couple times and I've never seen him battle anybody, perform or nothin like that!  He's even been to my bands shows and when cats would get in a freestyle cipher dude would just look or just stand to the side!  Uh OH yall! 

Welcome to the world of hiphop.

Tha Cali Grizz

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 12:27:41 PM »
It's a crying shame dog!

XaNdEr

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 01:08:49 AM »
Lol, dude, half these rappers making music nowadays do it for the money. They would still live with their moms if it wasn't for music. If you can tell me 10 (new) rappers who are "real gangstas" and not just on wax, i'd be amazed.

Do you think people like Ice Cube and Dr. Dre were thugs and gangsta's? Ice Cube studied at a university and Dre wants to step away from this gangsta-image cause it ain't him, and he knows it.

Hiphop is just an art, if you're a "gangsta" you're on the streets, period. Gangsta's dont tell the whole world what they do, where they "hustle" and how many cops thye killed blablabla. To put it all together, read this Outro of the song Sammy Da Bull by Proof:

If you tell the masses, you tell the cops
But if that street yappin made you famous, then you a star
Star; hey, write down "star"
Write down "star" on a piece of paper
Hold it up in front of you, right in the mirror
Put it in the mirror
Hold it up in front of you, and that's YOU
We don't like you

That's what it is, 99% of these "gangstarappers" are just normal people like us, talking tough on records. Violence and sex sells, why do you think hiphop has been commercialized for the past decade? It's like crack, people get addicted to it and buy more.

Believe me when i say not everything is what it seems to be, positive or negative.