Author Topic: Seperating The Fake From The Real "2001" Leftovers  (Read 5505 times)

Murrow

Seperating The Fake From The Real "2001" Leftovers
« on: August 26, 2001, 04:23:22 PM »
I got a huge list of possible "2001" leftovers that I wanna know if they are real.  The tracks I'll post I wanna know which someone has ACTUALLY heard, and which we think are fake.

"Malibu Dre" - Dr. Dre - I read that Tim & Bob produced this track for "2001."  Mellowman said it was a real track.  I think Overseer said that he heard the song on a "No Seeds" promo.

"Doggz 4 Life" - Dr. Dre featuring Snoop, Kurupt & RBX -   Back in early '99, Dre said this was going to be the FIRST SINGLE.  Who's heard this one, Mellow said it was a great song.

"Muthafucka I'm Dre" - Dr. Dre - Mellowman said it had the beat to "Hello" before Dre used it for Cub's album.

Here are some more songs that feature artists from the earlier recording sessions...

"U Didn't Know" - Dr. Dre featuring Punch & Diesel - I have an add where it reads, "featured on the album are Punch, Diesel etc," that was a month before the album dropped!

"It Ain't Over" - Dr. Dre featuring Last Emperor, King Tee & RBX - The Last Emperor was an ill MC from the East coast.

"Break Em Off Dre" - Dr. Dre featuring Punchline, Hittman & Diesel.

"Writings On The Wall" - Dr. Dre featuring Last Emperor.

Here are some more possible tracks:

"Hey You" - Dr. Dre
"Off Da Chain" - Dr. Dre featuring Devin
"Hard Hittin" - Dr. Dre featuring Hittman
"Still D-R-E XZIBIT VERSION" - Dr. Dre featuring Xzibit!!  This sounds waay fake.  
"Ice Age" - Dr. Dre

How Bout it So Much Style??  You posted a lot of these tracksback @ the Dre2001 board, so what's up?  Have you peeped any of these tracks?  Here are some we know are out & leaked..."The Way I Be Pimpin" & "The Throne Is Mine."  I've only heard "The Way I Be Pimpin," still waiting to here, 'The Throne Is Mine."
What do y'all think?  Anybody get a chance to hear the Chronic 2 promo, "No Seeds"?

truemaster

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • EL Mas Chingon!!!!
Re: Seperating The Fake From The Real "2001" Lefto
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2001, 04:43:05 PM »
The Thrown Is Mine is all over Morpheus and Win MX, only it's a Royce track produced by Dr. Dre. Peace
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

"But If You Say Cali Aint Shit, You probably Visited The Valley Little Bitch!"

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2001, 05:56:53 PM »
Sorry to say this but I hope someone bootleggs these. I'm dying to hear these.
Picture yourself crushin Xzibit with your tough talk,
thats like Christopher Reeve doin' the crip walk.- Xzibit

Suicidal, High I'm smoking so much la,
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky-
Nas

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hambone 2 The Dome, Hard As Stone,Took the Throne
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2001, 06:58:28 PM »
sad to say...like Mellowman said awhile ago...there are lots of songs..dre has...that he will never ever release...........................

LOL...this is what is going to happen..when we are all old...and shit.......wearing Depends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in our old folks home..we are going to see a commercial...........to order a CD with Dre material..unreleased shit...digitally remastered!!!!!...LOL..u know how u see those commercials for like kenny rogers..and john denver......from time life or some shit like that...lol....we will be talking..with our gums coming out of our mouth...nutt but a g thang....baabbbbbbeeey
lol
Hambone, all others are fake,like Clones,Hop skip and a jump punk,dirty south crunk,lyrics lethal give u a bump like a Cancer Lump,So try to Tempt,fuckin simp,eat your spinach fuckin wimp,have u all crimp and crimpled,and it was all pretty simple,Came back from haitus, my nephews and us, ya'll can't fade us,some of ya'll crossin over like traitors,Took the bait and Hook,come back around and beat your azz like a crook,if u need 2 learn go get a book,SirHambone, Welcoming me back to the WCC Home

Big FC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • im really fucking random.. and too swift on my toes to get caught up with you hoes..
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2001, 09:38:03 PM »
i think slowly this shit will leak out.. like that dre excluse bootleg or did that shit hav a reason for getting leaked otha than someone snagged it somehow....
I ain't a killer but don't push me, revenge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy - Makaveli, RIP
And when we making n*gga shit always makin a killin, i be hearin you bitches there go the villain.. - MC Ren

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2001, 11:20:18 PM »
I don't know anything about Malibu Dre..

Mellow said that Just Dippin and B-Please came from earlier 2001 sessions - check the just dippin' vid, they're advertising chronic 2001 in it!

Onechronic 2001 promo has the following tracks.

1) forgot about dre
2) whats the difference - hittman instead of xzibit
3) Make money feat RBX - tubular bells beat.. pretty wack.. sounds like royce not RBX - but its labelled RBX in the rip
4) Bitch So Wrong = early version of Kim from MMLP

I think its just a butchered collection of unreleased stuff.. i'm, sure theres another (better) rip out there.. i have "chronic 2001 no seeds - pre release (06) dr. dre - way i be pimpin feat. nate dogg -mak.mp3" but never found anymore of the set - plus theres that devin/dre collabo called "do what" floating about.. nice stuff - might be from the same.

Doggystylin

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2001, 11:48:58 PM »
ive heard people say that they have heard the xzibit version of still dre on the radio and i saw Doggz For Life listed in the fat tape of the source in may of 99',but jst like people have said before, maybe he just changed the lyrics and a little and  then changed the name

So Much Style

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2001, 04:24:47 AM »
yeah i got this list from:

maxi khan aka soopafly formerly of dpgc2000 when i thought he was gonna send me leftovers +
i got some titles from dr-dre.com when they had  "the tracklist for chronic 2001: this buds for you" aka "chronic 2001: no seeds"

you guys are forgetting

"stay in your place" by royce rapping dres lyrics (he says " i aint never left, this is the d-r-e" and its a rock styled dre beat.... i have it perfect quality
So much style back at it again

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Seperating The Fake From The Real
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2001, 04:52:02 AM »
ok this is what ive found, none of them tracks below appeared on the released album, cept whats the difference. look at the guest list, it has other guests in addition to them who actually appeared.

Im pretty positive that Doggz 4 Live exists. it was probably on some early early promo, and those dudes from the source listed it in the mag,
but daaaamn, still Dre xzibit verison on the radio?? this is tight, I dont think they will play it again though. those peeps from the radio & magazines got lots of that shit we r lookin for. peep the 2001: No seeds ad:

Dr. Dre - The Chronic 2001: No Seeds

Since blessing everybody with his amazing debut, "The Chronic", Dre has been regarded as one of the best in the rap industry. His Aftermath compilation left some people disappointed. But his new LP should be in the same vein as his first release, which is what everybody wants. This album could do for Dre's new recruits what "The Chronic" did for Snoop Doggy Dogg, Tha Dogg Pound, Nate Dogg and Warren G. Production will mainly come from Dre himself but it will also come from Mel-Man, Tim Kelley, Bob Robinson, E-Swift and Glove. Guest appearences will come from tested veterens like Snoop Dogg, Redman, Sticky Fingaz, Kurupt, Devin, Defari, Daz, Kurupt, King T, Xzibit, Eazy-E, Ice Cube and MC Ren as well as newer artists such as Punch, Wordsworth, Royce 5'9", Time Bomb, Hittman, Ms. Roq, Knoc-Turn’al, Eminem, 6'2" and Diesel.

Tracklist
Shoot Out (w/ Eminem)
Way I Be Pimpin' (w/ Nate Dogg)
Chronic 2001
Doggz For Life (w/ Snoop Dogg, Kurupt & RBX))
Deez Niggaz (w/ NWA)
Hey You
What's The Difference (w/ Eminem, Shariff & Time Bomb)
Malibu Dre
Forgot About Dre (w/ Eminem)
Murderer (w/ Hittman)
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Murrow

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2001, 06:48:47 AM »
God dizzzam, that makes you think.  Hey Jermaine, where did you find that article & tracklisting?

Murrow

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2001, 07:18:39 AM »

check the just dippin' vid, they're advertising chronic 2001 in it!

I haven't seen the video in a long while.  How did they advertise "2001"?  The video dropped in January 2000, a month & a half after "2001."

Plus...Dre said in a chat that it took 14 months to record Chronic 2001.  He started it in the summer of '98 and he finished it in about 14 months.  I guess Dre waited around because he had the album done, but it got delayed several times.

Plus, I read in A Ms. Toi interview that she had spit a verse on Dre's "Fuck You" Remix.  I also read somewhere else that Foxy Brown & Ms. Roq were on it.  Too bad this track never turned u either.

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2001, 07:35:55 AM »
The Just Dippin video has folx wearing a "Dr Dre 2001" t-shirt (and thats exactly wot its got on it.. i triple checked) and is on the Smokefest 2 (aka Smokefest 98 ) video which came out in '99.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2001, 07:57:33 AM »

Guest appearences will come from tested veterens like Snoop Dogg, Redman, Sticky Fingaz, Kurupt, Devin, Defari, Daz, Kurupt, King T, Xzibit, Eazy-E, Ice Cube and MC Ren as well as newer artists such as Punch, Wordsworth, Royce 5'9", Time Bomb, Hittman, Ms. Roq, Knoc-Turn’al, Eminem, 6'2" and Diesel.

AN EAZY E APPEARANCE?!?!?

WUNDER WOT THIS WAS REFERING TO?!?

peace

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Braindead

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2001, 08:09:51 AM »
I really would like to hear Last Emperor rapping over a Dre beat !!

Murrow

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2001, 08:34:47 AM »
In a September issue of the source, there was a Chronic 2001: No Seeds Add.  It said this...

It had a big futuristic green leaf on it and read

Guest Appearences By Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Kurupt, Devin, King Tee, Hittman, Timb Bomb, Ms. Row, Knoc-turn'al, Punch & Deisel.

Dam...Dre must have had 10 different versions of 2001 that he wanted to put out.  I remember reading the 2001 tracklisting a month before it hit & it had the Dre track "Ice Age" in place of "Lets Get High."  Maybe some day if Dre releases a box set, lol, we'll hear some of these tracks.