Author Topic: For all Hip-Hop political people  (Read 434 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
For all Hip-Hop political people
« on: June 11, 2007, 09:00:28 AM »
As I watch some old 'Pac videos, and see how outspoken he is during the Clinton years, what would he have done during the Bush years. Imagion, if he dissed Clinton for not living up to his promises, what would he have said about George W. Bush. Would his views change with 9-11, or would he become a conspiricy theoriest like Immortal Technique. Would he have spoke out against Bush right away like Nas did only 3 months after the towers dropped, or would he wait until the next election like Eminem and Jadakiss. Would he be against this war, or would he shock us all and straight up say we have to defend our country. I also know he wanted to start his own party, would the election of 2000 with Gore losing stop him from that, or would he say fuck it, lets go all out. Would he support Obama, or would he go off on his own.

In a highly political time, what would have Hip-Hop's most political voice have said?

AndrE16686

Re: For all Hip-Hop political people
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 02:57:54 AM »
If Pac would have stayed alive, he would have been bigger than Michael Moore, John Lennon and Malcom X combined. This was forseen by a Pentagon think-tank back in 1995, so they had to kill him.

XaNdEr

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 03:02:31 AM »
I don't think Pac is hiphop's most political voice. How can someone who claims to be a thug, kill people, fuck bitches etc. etc. be taken serious on a political level.

Immortal Technique, now that's someone who is political. I think he is the most political MC of all time, it's just sad he's not known by the public. I disagree with some of his theories though, but he got MC skills and deep lyrics, so it's all good to me.

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "u gotta give respect to get respect"
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 07:15:16 AM »
I don't think Pac is hiphop's most political voice. How can someone who claims to be a thug, kill people, fuck bitches etc. etc. be taken serious on a political level.

Immortal Technique, now that's someone who is political. I think he is the most political MC of all time, it's just sad he's not known by the public. I disagree with some of his theories though, but he got MC skills and deep lyrics, so it's all good to me.
^^ i absolutely agree with you that immortal technique is a very political rapper (see the song in my sig)
talib kweli for example is also quite political
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

XaNdEr

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 07:19:11 AM »
4th branch is a dope song, listen how he spits that real talk about the media. But you know, he also got this hiphop-style you know, It's not *just* politics, it's about music.  8)

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "u gotta give respect to get respect"
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 07:22:11 AM »
4th branch is a dope song, listen how he spits that real talk about the media. But you know, he also got this hiphop-style you know, It's not *just* politics, it's about music.  8)
yea absolutely true... i just love how he raps some real shit about politics and media in this case and at the same time hes like extremely dope, the flow is amazing...
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

XaNdEr

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 07:24:52 AM »
yea absolutely true... i just love how he raps some real shit about politics and media in this case and at the same time hes like extremely dope, the flow is amazing...

Yeah, plus he is one of the few who is not obsessed withg sales, he actually says something like "i dont care if you buy my album or not, go get this shit from internet and bang it in your car" or something like that.

That's that real hiphop. I think his extreme views on things and politics are kinda scary to some people which makes them hesitant to listen to his music, but if you're openminded you will discover some hiphop gems.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 08:06:03 AM »

the difference between 2Pac and Immortal Technique is that 2Pac was known. I own all of Immortal Technique's shit, I'm a huge fan, mix tapes, his Revolutionary Vol. 1 and 2, got it all. I think he maybe more political than 2Pac, but at the same time, 2Pac was talking bigger things. Tech is talking overthrowing the government, revolution, conspiracy theories, and telling stories, 2Pac was in real life talking about starting political parties, charity events and giving back to the innercity. Same side of the line, just slight differences.

But enough with comparing the two, even Tech will tell you 'Pac is one of his influences. The question is what would 'Pac do today? Would he still try for a political party, or join Tech in the underground, who knows.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 08:11:22 AM »
a man's energy is not infinite, i am sure by now 2pac would have just been fed up with the bullshit and shit. spittin whack shit and shit. gettin shot was the best thing that could happen to him, myth-wise.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

XaNdEr

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 08:15:37 AM »
Yes, i believe in the All Eyez On Me-era he was in his prime, after that he would probably go down the road and now we would be talking about the washed up rappers from Tha Dogg Pound and Pac.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 12:18:34 PM »
the only reason Pac is big as he is now, is because he got killed before his time

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 01:31:47 PM »
interesting responses. Just a question, how many were fans of Rap Music when 'Pac got shot 11 years ago? How many were over the age of 12?

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 03:38:16 PM »
Yeah how many of you muthafuckas could actually speak English 12 years ago?

MC TenderLust

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 03:57:10 PM »
bottom line niggaz dead

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 04:58:06 PM »
bottom line niggaz dead

Seriously...

What Would Tupac Say... is the new... What Would Jesus Do

Aren't you in college or some shit?
Imagion, if he

You're a walking anti-Affirmative Action ad.

my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker