Author Topic: Can God commit suicide?  (Read 887 times)

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Can God commit suicide?
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2007, 08:27:19 AM »
omnipotence doesnt exist and isn't possible either. a simple answer cannot be given. Maybe some limitations to the definiton would clear things up a little more. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2007, 05:49:50 AM »
This is a fascinating  question to me with an interesting paradox. I'm looking for insight as I've been pondering lately on whether or not it should be possible for God to kill himself. We know that by definition God is omnipotent(all powerful),  it is apparent however, that if this were to be true, then God would indeed be undestroyable and able to create/destroy anything at the same time as by definition there is no limit to what he can do.. Now, given that, is it theoretically possible that God(being almighty as he is) would have the capability to kill himself, or since he is undestroyable, is that out of the question? And if it is out of the question wouldn't this mean that God has limits and is therefore not omnipotent/all powerful? Something to think about, any replies are welcome.. 8)

Simple question with a simple answer.  God creates laws and an environment that even he is bound by.  While he could make time stop, or 'kill' himself or whatever little test of power you need, he doesnt' because he set time in motion and he injected himself into every item and place in the universe.  God follows the rules of physics and laws of the universe and things just like humans do. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2007, 05:50:35 AM »
I see you just started Philosophy 101. I hated that class. Pseudo-intellectuals.

Yeah, I agree.  Everybody would latch onto every philosopher that had a new idea, until the next week when you found out that the next philosopher proved that idea wrong.  St Augustine was cool, though, brilliant man.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2007, 03:58:36 PM »
I see you just started Philosophy 101. I hated that class. Pseudo-intellectuals.

lol
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008