Author Topic: Cross 'em out and put a K  (Read 319 times)

ai002h

• Muthafuckin' OG
Cross 'em out and put a K
« on: June 14, 2007, 10:31:55 AM »
Wow...just listened to this track for the first time in like 3 years...and damm...forgot how hard this shit was.

Every nigga in the industry wanna rap with me
Like it's all good,you ain't from my hood
Nigga,I don't even like your shit,I don't like your form
I'm true, your through, nigga FUCK you!

Haha..they just dont make tracks like these anymore...the bass and hard beat combined with raw lyrics. Man...BOW DOWN was on a whole different level..fo'real. Its right there with AEOM and 7 Day for the best westcoast(if not rap) CD of '96. It doesn't get enough credit, just doesn't.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Re: Cross 'em out and put a K
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 11:58:13 AM »
^no doubt...this track is fire

Budda needs to produce for Cube's new record too

that "Smoke Some Weed" track is similar to "Cross Em Out"

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 12:01:57 PM »
 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

XaNdEr

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 06:49:21 AM »
8)

You made me put Bow Down on my computer again.  8)

d-nice

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 06:58:45 AM »
Yeah, dope ass track. So many good songs on that album.

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 07:45:54 AM »
that album doesn't have a weak track. that track is so fuckin vicious. one of cubes best songs on that album.

my favorite from 96. i'd consider 7 day theory and perfection but in the end i think i gotta give it to bow down. albums so fuckin nuts. budda made himself a legend with that album alone for me.

soul on ice, exposed to the game and a bunch of hot shit came that year. great year.

d-nice

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 07:58:06 AM »
You don't get much better than 1996 for rap, especially the west coast. It's tough for me to rank Bow Down or Makaveli. Both albums the artists were in a zone on it. Production on both was insane. Both are classics in my book so I will leave it at that.  ;D

ai002h

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 12:02:52 PM »
You don't get much better than 1996 for rap, especially the west coast. It's tough for me to rank Bow Down or Makaveli. Both albums the artists were in a zone on it. Production on both was insane. Both are classics in my book so I will leave it at that.  ;D

Yeah...very hard...I listen to Makaveli and give it the edge..but then hear tracks of Bow Down and change my mind. What made Bow Down a classic was how they combined hard beats with raw lyrics and the most gangsta'd hooks imagineable:

EY..I cross em out and put a K!!

INGLEWOOOOOOOOD!!

Nigga to South Central LA!!

And they followed this track with 'King of the Hill'..too hard man, gdammmm

d-nice

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 12:38:29 PM »

Yeah...very hard...I listen to Makaveli and give it the edge..but then hear tracks of Bow Down and change my mind. What made Bow Down a classic was how they combined hard beats with raw lyrics and the most gangsta'd hooks imagineable:

INGLEWOOOOOOOOD!!

And before Cross Em Out, they did The Gangsta The Killa & The Dope Dealer over a Nine Inch Nails sample. One of the more gangsta tracks on the album.

ai002h

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 12:43:24 PM »

INGLEWOOOOOOOOD!!

And before Cross Em Out, they did The Gangsta The Killa & The Dope Dealer over a Nine Inch Nails sample. One of the more gangsta tracks on the album.

Killa Cali is a state..MURDA!!  ;D

d-nice

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 12:45:08 PM »

INGLEWOOOOOOOOD!!

Killa Cali is a state..MURDA!!  ;D

Cube flipped out at the end of that song

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 12:45:52 PM »
my favorite bow down tracks are the gangsta the killa and the dope dealer, king of the hill, 3 time felons, hoo bangin, and bow down

king of the hill might be my favorite diss track ever.

9 inch nails? i thought you said 9 inch dix for a second lol. whats nine inch nails?

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 12:53:26 PM »
my favorite bow down tracks are the gangsta the killa and the dope dealer, king of the hill, 3 time felons, hoo bangin, and bow down

king of the hill might be my favorite diss track ever.

9 inch nails? i thought you said 9 inch dix for a second lol. whats nine inch nails?

The rock group Nine Inch Nails. The beat is sampled from a song named Hurt.

d-nice

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 01:09:31 PM »
Here is a 30 second snippet of the song Hurt from Nine Inch Nails. In the background you can hear the melody

http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B0006FFRW0001014/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_014/103-5989825-0829418

Here is the Westside Connection song with the sample. Bud'da sped up the keys on it a little bit on the loop and added more bass to make it sound more sinister.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B000003ADA001007/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_007/103-5989825-0829418

Tha Chemist

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Regulator
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 01:20:10 PM »
lol seeing this thread made me turn on the track, but why does WC diss Q-Tip in it?
WEST UP