Author Topic: Even More Of A Reason Not To Use Torrents....  (Read 102 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Even More Of A Reason Not To Use Torrents....
« on: June 14, 2007, 07:17:20 PM »
I make it a point to try & inform as many people as possible that torrents are nothing but BAD NEWS to be using. This might be classified as "another good reason not to use torrents" though:

ruling unleashed last Friday orders BitTorrent site Torrentspy.com to keep information (logs) of its users that could be used as evidence in a copyright infringement lawsuit filed movie studios and the MPAA.

TorrentSpy was ordered on May 29 by a federal judge in the Central District of California in Los Angeles to create logs detailing users' activities on the site.

The information could allow court identify the activities of the users of the popular BitTorrent seach engine, as well as their IP addresses.

The Motion Picture Association of America, sued TorrentSpy in February 2006 as part of a sweep against file-sharing companies. According to the MPAA, the search engine was sued for allegedly making it easier to download pirated files.

Torrentspy's administrators posted a message in the front page of their web site, saying that they are appealing the judge's order and that they will not create any logs of what its users do throughout the site. The appeal must be filed by June 12.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=20659

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Even More Of A Reason Not To Use Torrents....
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 07:27:01 PM »
damn thanks for the heads up.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 08:38:11 PM »
saw this on d12 world a few days ago. i used torrentspy all the time, just glad my bittorrent client is shit and that i got rid of it.

rapidshare/megaupload all the way!

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 08:43:23 PM »
I reformat my comp every couple months so the IP changes each time.

Al Bundy

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 08:52:36 PM »
They aren't.