Author Topic: 50 cent & Interscope drama over Curtis Album  (Read 856 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50 cent & Interscope drama over Curtis Album
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 07:37:10 AM »
I dont know tho over saturated???

Rocafella was putting out like 4 records a year with JAy z putting out a record at least oce a year and htose dint flop.

I hate Jay-Z, but he could actually flow if he tried. I don't think 50 can. Plus Jay aligned himself with some of the best rappers, unlike 50 who hates everyone in the industry. Jay is a real businessman, whereas 50 is a product of hype because of Eminem.

THats true because

Siegal kills any memeber of Gunit and so does M BLeek. Actualy so deos freeway lol

Chief

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2007, 07:38:18 AM »
50 dug himself a pretty big hole with all the sales talk.. i dont think he'll sell another 10 mill.

it's his own fault for talking so much shit though.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2007, 07:52:28 AM »
At this point 50 just needs to get the fuck out of Interscope, release his shit without restrictions on his own indie label, go about 3x plat... that would probably be the best solution for his nerves, his music and his pocket.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

XaNdEr

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2007, 08:10:44 AM »
THe time of the indie labels is coming sooner then we all might think, we already have some people showing a little succes (artisticaly and sales-wise). Jim Jones sold 400k, that's not much, but still not a really bad thing regarding the quality of his music. Joell Ortiz dropped a classic (dunno how much it sold though) and i can others going this way in the near future as well.

I think what hiphop needs is a big name star (like 50 Cent or Jay-Z) to go to an indie label and release the shit they want to make and lead the way for the masses. If one starts it, and it is a (slight( succes, more will follow, and eventually it will make hiphop a little bit more open and artistic again, cause these recycled success-formula's are running dry now.

F-cisco

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2007, 04:46:59 PM »
 I'm not a fan of his, but 50 could care less about the rap game. With the vitamin water investment he recently made, he could open his own large distribution company. He holds all the cards and Interscope knows it. 

Al Bundy

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2007, 05:39:19 PM »
Jim Jones sold almost 400k indepentently and his album was the album of the year last year.

Dipset is 100000x better than Gunit ya dig

LMAO @ Best album of 06.  :grumpy:

WC Iz Active

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2007, 05:51:00 PM »
^^IMO it was man,  Hustlers POME was fuckin awesome

Tha Crip

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2007, 05:58:26 PM »
^^^^^
agree to disagree.....IMO jim jones is/was and forever will be garbage....no beat in the world could save that guy
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 06:00:25 PM »
thats cool you feel that way Spice, but i dont think anyone outside of dipcc and jim jones' hoodrats in harlem would agree with you...

anyone saying 50 cents not a good businessman, i have 2 words for you: vitamin water.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2007, 06:33:33 PM »
well..hope 50's done with music and just move on.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

westkoastanostra

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 11:26:18 PM »
^^IMO it was man,  Hustlers POME was fuckin awesome

how was it awesome? becuz of his lyricism? cuz he paints vivid pictures in his raps? LMAO...fuck outta here wit ya brainless posting

XaNdEr

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2007, 11:50:52 PM »
For real, Jim Jones' lyrics are W.A.C.K. that makes the album garbage. They wisely used the popularity of thier slang for their singles like Ballin' but even you Spice can't say his lyrics are deep or anything like that.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2007, 01:37:30 AM »
I dont know tho over saturated???

Rocafella was putting out like 4 records a year with JAy z putting out a record at least oce a year and htose dint flop.

I hate Jay-Z, but he could actually flow if he tried. I don't think 50 can. Plus Jay aligned himself with some of the best rappers, unlike 50 who hates everyone in the industry. Jay is a real businessman, whereas 50 is a product of hype because of Eminem.

THats true because

Siegal kills any memeber of Gunit and so does M BLeek. Actualy so deos freeway lol

Beanie Sigel definately, Freeway when he is on, but I can't consiously say Bleek could out rap G-Unit or anyone for that matter. Either way, 50 had a good run but I don't think he knows when to throw in the towel. He's the new Master P. If 50 hadn't been shot, he would have never been half as successful as he was. He has way too many yes men around him.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2007, 07:52:52 AM »
I think 50’s real problem is he doesn’t try anything different. I’m not saying he needs to reinvent himself but damn man, how many times are you going to come with that same Dre (or dre esk) produced, dumbed down lyrics, rapping for the ladies first single. It’s old and it’s boring. We’ve heard that from 50. Now the fans want something fresh or we don’t want anything at all. 

If he really was the business minded genies he claims to be he’d realize now is the time to switch it up in a big way. Drop an album full of street/backpack records. Work with different mid-level producers, no one big name. Concentrate on the lyrics and being creative, no love songs, no club songs. Forget about an album the radio wants to play and focus on an album people want to listen to.

Then there wont be so much pressure to out do himself. If he comes with something totally different he can explain away lack of sales or radio play as, “hey, it’s a totally different sound it isn’t for the radio.” As it stands now he keeps coming with the same shit and if he doesn’t sell more records and get more radio play than the last time the perception is he’s losing it.

Interscope and Shady saw this months ago, if 50 doesn’t read the writing on the wall he’ll have to no choice but to retire to save face.

I agree completely. And even though I haven't liked 50's stuff after GRODT (save a few cuts here and there), I think he could do it. He was never one to compete for the G.O.A.T.-crown, no way, but he used to spit real good. It just seems that once he got rich, all motivation was gone. Too bad.

XaNdEr

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2007, 09:06:01 AM »
I think 50’s real problem is he doesn’t try anything different. I’m not saying he needs to reinvent himself but damn man, how many times are you going to come with that same Dre (or dre esk) produced, dumbed down lyrics, rapping for the ladies first single. It’s old and it’s boring. We’ve heard that from 50. Now the fans want something fresh or we don’t want anything at all. 

If he really was the business minded genies he claims to be he’d realize now is the time to switch it up in a big way. Drop an album full of street/backpack records. Work with different mid-level producers, no one big name. Concentrate on the lyrics and being creative, no love songs, no club songs. Forget about an album the radio wants to play and focus on an album people want to listen to.

Then there wont be so much pressure to out do himself. If he comes with something totally different he can explain away lack of sales or radio play as, “hey, it’s a totally different sound it isn’t for the radio.” As it stands now he keeps coming with the same shit and if he doesn’t sell more records and get more radio play than the last time the perception is he’s losing it.

Interscope and Shady saw this months ago, if 50 doesn’t read the writing on the wall he’ll have to no choice but to retire to save face.

I agree completely. And even though I haven't liked 50's stuff after GRODT (save a few cuts here and there), I think he could do it. He was never one to compete for the G.O.A.T.-crown, no way, but he used to spit real good. It just seems that once he got rich, all motivation was gone. Too bad.

True that's some real talk. But everyone drags in other (hatin') arguments like 'he's a snitch" and blablabla. The same people bump Scarface on the regular, lol.

It is very true he can do better, just need some motivation. It's a shame that talent is lost this way, even though i agree with the dude who said Interscope probably is to blame as well for the lack of creativity on G-Unit's part. They were really tight back in hte days, nowadays their music just sounds different.