Author Topic: "The Kobe Video"  (Read 1022 times)

GangstaBoogy

"The Kobe Video"
« on: June 17, 2007, 01:42:07 PM »
I'm sure everyone has heard by now, there's is rumored to be a video of Kobe bashing Andrew Bynum and Mitch Cupcake. Whoever these guys are, they're going all out to make sure people see it...

www.thekobevideo.com
www.myspace.com/thekobevideo
www.youtube.com/KobeVideo

This shiet better be good. The last time I patiently waited for a video to leak it turned out to be a boring waste of time.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: "The Kobe Video"
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 02:17:50 PM »
thats some scandalous shit, but i think a large portion of laker fanatics could already tell he didnt like bynum and mitch kupchak too much. i wouldnt be surprised if he bashes jim buss in the video too

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 02:20:23 PM »
lol@people after all that still thinking it was just Shaq's fault how things went wrong and the person in the video had notn to do with it
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 02:59:33 PM »
lol@people after all that still thinking it was just Shaq's fault how things went wrong and the person in the video had notn to do with it

Not me.

Anyway let's wait for the video to leak, first. We've seen nothing yet.

teecee

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 06:16:38 PM »

Not me.

Anyway let's wait for the video to leak, first. We've seen nothing yet.

Apparently Kobe has posted again on his website that he wants out. 

And i will not be surprised in the least if the video is real, as he already has implied he doesn't respect Kupchak or Bynum.   And yes 7even, NIK will STILL think it is all Shaq's fault.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 11:45:15 PM »
Only thing for sure: i'll continue to be a Laker fan with the same passion no matter what.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 11:52:09 PM »
LMAO@Everyone thinking this BS "news" is real. Kobe hasn't posted ANYTHING on his website againg...OLD NEWS...LOL@not thinking Shaq was a fat, selfish piece of shit. :stupid:

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 08:55:17 AM »
No, it's not a sin

WestCoasta

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 01:18:02 PM »

lol fuck Shaq and Kobe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 02:34:37 PM »
"Andrew Bynum? What the f---?" Bryant says in disgust. "Are you kidding me? Andrew Bynum? F---ing ship his ass out. Are you kidding me? We're talking about Jason Kidd. But they didn't even want to do that. Now we're here in this f---ed up position."

The tandem then asked Bryant what he thought about Bynum's potential. Bryant smiled and started to shake his head as if he was about to go on another tirade.

"You know what man? Let me tell you something. Mitch Kupchak had the nerve to ask me..."

At this point the 24-second video clip ends abruptly and we are left to wonder what Bryant says next. "The Kobe Video Guys" say that Bryant went on to say, "How good do you think Andrew Bynum is going to be in 10 years? Are you f---ing kidding me? I'm trying to win this s--- now."

Wow thats what those fuckers are making us wait for? Fuck this video!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 05:05:21 PM »
Who gives a shit about this...These muthafuckaz claimed that someone offered them $100,000 for it...If that's true, they are RETARDED for not selling it. This nonsense is wayyyy blown out of proportion. They already said exactly what was on the video, and it's nothing we haven't heard from Kobe...PeACe

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 05:52:53 PM »
Kobe Bryant’s Critical Video

kobe-bryant-video-criticism1.gifI had to see it for myself. For no other reason than curiosity’s sake and, to be honest, an all-too-tempting meeting location near Diddy Riese, the legendary cookie store in Westwood, Calif.

I’m here to see the infamous “Kobe Video,” which has taken the world by storm it seems. The 24-second video clip was shot in late May, a few days before Kobe Bryant went public with his trade demands on national radio. It catches Bryant criticizing Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak for not pulling off a mid-season trade that would have sent Andrew Bynum to the New Jersey Nets for Jason Kidd.

“It’s been crazy,” says Ron, who introduces himself as a representative of “The Kobe Video Guys,” a couple of college-aged guys who talk to Bryant in the video but wish to remain anonymous in fear of the backlash they might get from Lakers fans. “Everyone wants to see it.”

I meet Ron, who appears to be just out of college himself, wearing a backpack and nervously looking around, inside of a nearby bookstore. “Let’s go upstairs,” he says, being followed by two well-built dudes who he jokingly (I think) calls his bodyguards. “I don’t want anyone else watching.”

He then pulls out a laptop from his backpack and places the computer in front of me and hands over a set of headphones. “Are you ready?” he asks after I put the headphones on. “Here it is.”

The video, which was taken on a digital camera by a friend who was taking pictures of Bryant talking to the two inquisitive fans, begins with Bryant, standing in front of the Newport Coast Shopping Center and wearing a red shirt and sunglasses. He is talking about the trade that the Lakers reportedly turned down last season that would have brought Kidd to the Lakers for Bynum.

“Andrew Bynum? What the f—?” Bryant says in disgust. “Are you kidding me? Andrew Bynum? F—ing ship his ass out. Are you kidding me? We’re talking about Jason Kidd. But they didn’t even want to do that. Now we’re here in this f—ed up position.”

The tandem then asked Bryant what he thought about Bynum’s potential. Bryant smiled and started to shake his head as if he was about to go on another tirade.

“You know what man? Let me tell you something. Mitch Kupchak had the nerve to ask me…”

At this point the 24-second video clip ends abruptly and we are left to wonder what Bryant says next. “The Kobe Video Guys” say that Bryant went on to say, “How good do you think Andrew Bynum is going to be in 10 years? Are you f—ing kidding me? I’m trying to win this s— now.”

A week later the duo again ran into Bryant in Newport Beach, after he had made his trade demands public, and pulled out a cell phone and recorded one of them telling Bryant, “Please tell us you’re staying.” Bryant responded by saying, “Get a Bulls uniform fellas.”

As I walked out of the bookstore after watching and listening to the combined 30 seconds of footage, I had the same response most probably had after watching Kim Kardashian or Paris Hilton and their far more tantalizing forays into voyeurism.

“That’s it?”

“The Kobe Video Guys” claim they chatted up Bryant for about 15 minutes and he talked about his desire to play with Ron Artest and how he could keep him in check if he were in Los Angeles. He also hoped the Lakers could make a deal for Jermaine O’Neal in the off-season, which made it seem like he wanted to remain with the Lakers at the time, but we are only left to imagine what that must have sounded like as he stood in the parking lot in front of the Sharky’s Mexican Grill.

While the “Kobe Video Guys” say they feel the public has a right to see the video, only time will tell when and if that will actually happen. After unsuccessfully peddling the clip to different media organizations, including ESPN and Basketball News, the group set up a website, thekobevideo.com, where they plan on showing it for a $1.99 fee. As is usually the case with these fly-by-night endeavors, however, there is a catch.

They claim to have turned down a private party’s offer of $100,000 to buy the rights to the video so that it can be destroyed. They say the private party is not connected with Bryant or the Lakers (although they did unsuccessfully contact the team to gauge their interest) but is just a big fan with deep pockets who doesn’t want to see Bryant’s image with the Lakers tarnished. It seems a little late in the game for that, but never-the-less, the group claims they turned down the sure-fire money and decided to set up the web site in the hopes of recouping the six-figure offer the hard way by making it public.

In a perfect example of wanting to have their cake and eating it too, they will not show the video to their customers until they reach the designated threshold of 50,000 orders to recoup the $100,000 private party offer they turned down. If the threshold is not met, they say they will refund all their orders and sell it to the private party, who sounds just dumb enough to buy it again despite the contents of the footage already being public.

source: Sports Illustrated

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 12:54:12 AM »
They claim to have turned down a private party’s offer of $100,000 to buy the rights to the video so that it can be destroyed. They say the private party is not connected with Bryant or the Lakers (although they did unsuccessfully contact the team to gauge their interest) but is just a big fan with deep pockets who doesn’t want to see Bryant’s image with the Lakers tarnished. It seems a little late in the game for that, but never-the-less, the group claims they turned down the sure-fire money and decided to set up the web site in the hopes of recouping the six-figure offer the hard way by making it public.
source: Sports Illustrated

lol, EEEEEEELLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRR

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 01:05:58 AM »
The interesting part is that Kobe is basically criticizing Mitch and the Lakers organization because they didn't trade Bynum for Kidd.
In this forum i was one of the few ones who was down with it.
While most people (NIK) who're now taking Kobe's side said that to trade Bynum for Kidd was moronic.

Doh.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 04:52:35 AM »
The interesting part is that Kobe is basically criticizing Mitch and the Lakers organization because they didn't trade Bynum for Kidd.
In this forum i was one of the few ones who was down with it.
While most people (NIK) who're now taking Kobe's side said that to trade Bynum for Kidd was moronic.

Doh.

lol, Nik is notoriously known for flipping and twisting things to make the Lakers look good. Now, as the trade didn't go through because of Laker management and Bynum was still a Laker, of course he was down with the decision of not moving him. Now that Kobe has been publicly and explicitly calling out Mitch, Dr. Buss and shit, and Kobe is higher in Nik's "Laker-hierarchy", he's down with Kobe.

Note that this also explains how he goes from calling the Lakers contenders to D-League-players and Kobe.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 04:56:13 AM by 7even »
No, it's not a sin