Author Topic: "The Real Slim Shady" a genius?  (Read 1263 times)

bez

Re: "The Real Slim Shady" a genius?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 10:07:31 AM »
Was and will always be a great song to introduce yourself to the world.  I still think Em is best when he is storytelling though.  I mean, you can tell from that song that he was like 'I am here, I have this to tell you, this to say, fuck you if you dont like it'.  Now its almost as if he has run out of stuff to say.  The last good tunes Eminem's flow and lyrics where amazing on where 8-Mile stuff like Lose yourself, 8 mile road, Rabbit Run, and that is because he had a story and a background for Rabbit's charachter.  He could express Rabbit in the songs as he express Slim Shady back then.

Now he pretty much sucks.  I hope he comes back with a solid, old school like album though.  He must have new material to rhyme about especially with Proof getting shot up and stuff.  I just hope he can blow us all away again.

Chief

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 10:08:09 AM »
would you literally clasify eminem as a musical genius?

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 11:09:35 AM »
he never dropped an album that i'd call "classic", but he sure is one of the most talented rappers ever

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 12:25:56 PM »
Nah, never liked it

kemizt

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 01:17:30 PM »
the real slim shady not a pop song at all? completely disagree, its a blatant crossover joint, highly commercial and is basically a hiphop pop joint....but that does not mean it is wack.....the joint was highly influential no doubt, it was def an anthem for all the white kids out there.....and to be honest it had a big affect on hiphop too because after this everyone expected people to drop a comedy/poppy first joint even though niggaz cannot do joints like that....remember obies got some teeth?lol.....and because of that joint we had to hear bullshit joints like without me and just loose it because he was expected to top that for jokes and effect and be poppy at the same time.....it is kinda like how 50 dropped in da club....which was a lil different from the expected "next real slim shady" lead single for every joint and went for a club vibe and even though 50's joint is no doubt a all time club classic now everyone expects people to drop a club joint as lead single similar to how everyone was expected to drop a pop joint for a first single after real slim shady dropped....the best 'commercial' single em ever dropped imo was gulity conscience....but the best lead single he ever dropped was this for his albums....not including the 8 mile cd ofcourse...

About eminem being a genius....i believe at his peak he was amazing....truely brilliant on the mic, did it like not other white boy could...BUT cat is seriously limited in what he speaks about and to be only 4 albums deep and be played out after the first 3 is pretty much all the evidence i need about that....dude was brilliant back then no doubt...i remember when eminem use to make d12 look like amatuers on their cd's......remember fight music??....only proof could really hold his own back then.....now he seems like just another member of a wack group......

today eminem is horrible and is nowhere near as good as other artists out today, both old and young....but in his defense his only put out on terrible album....which was truely wack and a wack compilation.....the presenting shady records bullshit....so his CV is still pretty dope...but dude needs to re-invent himself...come back without a bitch flow, show some hunger and versatility......right now em is not nowhere cats who get spoken about alot these day both new and old....not because he lacks talent...because he has shown what he can do...but because cat fall off harder than a muhfucker......eminem is horrible today....

But he will go down as a legend and i think he deserves it even if he is wack today because the impact he had on hiphop is huge whether it was a good one or not and he def was the white hope of hiphop for white cats for a long ass time...

oh and i do not think any of his albums are classics personally but i have said it befo that if anyone was to come to me and MMLP was a classic...i would not argue because to me it is his closest while the slim shady lp and eminem show were solid albums but not classics at all to me....and we all know encore was a joke....

pz

thisoneguy360

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 07:57:54 PM »
I've always liked that song, don't know why people thought it was pop

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 09:06:47 PM »
Just another reason I think Eminem isn't as dope as he used to be, is he probably isn't a heavy drug abuser like he used ot be.  Really, that's the reason for a lot of these rappers losing their creativity, is that with success sometimes they start taking better care of their health.  Redman said his best album back in the day off the strength of one crazy acid trip.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 09:09:20 PM »
when dre first signed him i was like why'd he sign this wack white boy. only a couple years ago when rakim said he was the greatest i checked him again and saw what was great about him. lyrically he's amazing, he's pretty different, and behind the humour he says a lot of real shit. i think the young kids from the burbs only look at him at surface level.

That pisses me off how everyone rejected him when he first came out just because he was white.  I knew the summer of 98' when I was reading rap pages that this dude had to be dope, because Dre wouldn't be messing with him if he wasn't.  That was back when Dre wasn't putting out anything for like 2 years, so you knew this guy had to be sensational to get Dre off his ass.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 11:00:19 PM »
Eminem=Overrated, never liked him much and although i liked a few of his songs this was not one of them.