Author Topic: Ice Cube - Greatest rapper alive?  (Read 618 times)

Lunatic

Re: Ice Cube - Greatest rapper alive?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 10:39:09 AM »
One of the best to ever do it. Of all time though alive is tough because including Cube, alot of other rappers are adding to their legacy. I actually got into a debate with my homeboy about if Snoop or Cube has a better catalogue.

it's true it's an insult to compare cube and snoop's catalog

That is what I said. I said you can even argue Cube's weaker albums by fans standards like War, Peace and LNCL are comparable or even better than Snoop's weaker albums.

cube never has, and never will make an album as weak as DGITBSNTBT

Exactly...but Snoop doesnt get nearly the same heat or criticism as Cube would get.

he gets alot as well. Especially for all the pop shit he's made
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 10:58:55 AM »
Cube got heat for We Be Clubbin a little bit, but that song was a hit and You Can Do It was a smash also. Snoop has also had success with doing songs out of the norm for him. I don't count that against either of them. I just go by albums head to head and IMO I think Ice Cube has a better catalogue. But that is the cool thing about it, they both are legends and it makes for a good debate on both sides.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 11:18:30 AM by D~Nice »

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 11:00:37 AM »
hes better than jayz.  but thats not sayin too much....

i think he is the greatest rapper alive, ill agree.   8)

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Lunatic

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 11:09:26 AM »
Cube got heat for We Be Clubbin a little bit, but that song was a hit and You Can Do It was a smash also. Snoop as also had success with doing songs out of the norm for him. I don't count that against either of them. I just go by albums head to head and IMO I think Ice Cube has a better catalogue. But that is the cool thing about it, they both are legends and it makes for a good debate on both sides.

yea snoop's catalogue is wayyyyyy more average then cube's

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 11:13:05 AM »
hell yes !

alive or dead...period  8)

d-nice

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2007, 11:15:25 AM »
Cube got heat for We Be Clubbin a little bit, but that song was a hit and You Can Do It was a smash also. Snoop as also had success with doing songs out of the norm for him. I don't count that against either of them. I just go by albums head to head and IMO I think Ice Cube has a better catalogue. But that is the cool thing about it, they both are legends and it makes for a good debate on both sides.

I just saw Cube in concert a few months back and I also saw Nas as well so of all time hip hop I am torn between a few rappers but for the west coast I would have to say Cube.

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2007, 11:16:28 AM »

I just saw Cube in concert a few months back and I also saw Nas as well so of all time hip hop I am torn between a few rappers but for the west coast I would have to say Cube.

8)

d-nice

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2007, 11:23:11 AM »
Scarface has a nice catalogue as well. You gotta remember when your including alive rappers, there are a couple others that match up well with Ice Cube.

MediumL

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2007, 11:23:56 AM »
Cube lost a lot of respect for the kid movies but dudes the best from the west. Dunno about all time but he's better than Pac...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Lunatic

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2007, 11:24:31 AM »
Scarface has a nice catalogue as well. You gotta remember when your including alive rappers, there are a couple others that match up well with Ice Cube.

yea i gotta do scarface's catalog as well. I got a damn good feeling it's gonna be off the hook!!

i already got all his albums set up fo me 8)

d-nice

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2007, 11:31:10 AM »

yea i gotta do scarface's catalog as well. I got a damn good feeling it's gonna be off the hook!!

I am not saying he is the best but his catalogue is insane for about the 1st 4 or 5 albums up to and including The Fix. Group albums= Geto Boys? nuff said on that. He is up there. And he improved on the mic with his albums excluding all those BS "albums" J Prince started putting out the last couple of years but he is up there. Nas has a nice one, I don't know how many Rakim has, maybe a few more but not many.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 11:38:09 AM by D~Nice »

Lunatic

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2007, 11:36:59 AM »

I am not saying he is the best but his catalogue is insane for about the 1st 4 or 5 albums up to The Fix. Group albums= Geto Boys? nuff said on that. He is up there. And he improved on the mic with his albums excluding all those BS "albums" J Prince started putting out the last couple of years but he is up there. Nas has a nice one, I don't know how many Rakim has, maybe a few more but not many.

i've got:

mr.scarface is back
the world is yours
the diary
untouchable
my homies (2 discs)
the last of a dying breed
the fix (it's wack you say? i've heard my block and that song is fire...plus appearances from WC & nas)
my balls and my world
my homies pt. 2 (more of a compilation the pt.1 was by the looks of it)

am i missing any d-nice? i'm seeing three others called "the don", "face 2 face" and 1 called "the features" (i'm guessin the third is a fan made compilation of his guest spots)

d-nice

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2007, 11:42:58 AM »

I am not saying he is the best but his catalogue is insane for about the 1st 4 or 5 albums up to The Fix. Group albums= Geto Boys? nuff said on that. He is up there. And he improved on the mic with his albums excluding all those BS "albums" J Prince started putting out the last couple of years but he is up there. Nas has a nice one, I don't know how many Rakim has, maybe a few more but not many.

i've got:

mr.scarface is back
the world is yours
the diary
untouchable
my homies (2 discs)
the fix (it's wack you say? i've heard my block and that song is fire...plus appearances from WC & nas)
my balls and my world

am i missing any d-nice? i'm seeing three others called "the don", "face 2 face" and 1 called "the features" (i'm guessin the third is a fan made compilation of his guest spots)

Yep that is it. I meant to add The Fix in as dope albums he has done so nobody diss me for a typing error.  ;D If you want to add the Geto Boys/Facemob catalogue also it matches up well with Cube. Face is probably my 3rd favorite artist behind Cube and Pac. Face 2 Face is just a compilation of hits with 2pac and Face on it and I don't recognize the other 2. I would consider Face the King Of The South just on his history but he has not been active on the album tip for a minute.

Lunatic

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2007, 11:46:51 AM »

i've got:

mr.scarface is back
the world is yours
the diary
untouchable
my homies (2 discs)
my balls and my world

Yep that is it. I meant to add The Fix in as dope albums he has done so nobody diss me for a typing error.  ;D If you want to add the Geto Boys/Facemob catalogue also it matches up well with Cube. Face is probably my 3rd favorite artist behind Cube and Pac. Face 2 Face is just a compilation of hits with 2pac and Face on it and I don't recognize the other 2. I would consider Face the King Of The South just on his history but he has not been active on the album tip for a minute.

yea can you let me know which albums facemob and the geto boys have done?? props in advance ;)

ain't gonna get the other 3 albums then.

I'll always love him for helping T.I. in that lil flip beef ;D

d-nice

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2007, 11:52:45 AM »
Yeah I'll get you those lists of their discography.