Author Topic: BAY AREA RAP SUCK SO DOES THE WHOLE WEST-COAST (HONEST TRUTH)  (Read 2062 times)

uncut510

• 'G'
THE WHOLE BAY AND WESTCOAST SUCKS TO BE HONEST.. I AINT HATIN. JUST BEING HONEST.. YALL LIVE UNDER THE ROCK OR CAVES THAT YOU DONT SEE IT.

THE EASTCOAST WAS ALWAYS BETTER AND MORE CREATIVE AND THIS IS COMIN FROM A WESTCOAST HEAD.. WESTCOAST DONT HAVE ANY LYRICISITS...  SOUTH IS WORST THAN WEST BUT THEY SELL TO THEIR OWN REGIONS. WESTCOAST WAS THE SHIT IN EARLY 90S CAUSE THE MUSIC WAS ORIGINAL AND THAT GANGSTA SHIT WAS NEW. BUT TIMES HAVE CHANGED AND THOSE RAPPERS STILL RAPPIN THE SAME.

THERE IS NO NEW BLOOD COMIN IN THE GAME. ALL THESE LAME OLD WESTCOAST ARTISTS AINT REPPIN IT RIGHT. ALL THEY CRY BOUT IT LACK OF PROMOTION AND DEALS.  OR CRY BOUT RADIO PLAY. WHY YOU THINK THAT IS? CAUSE THEY SUCK, NOBODY WANTS TO SIGN THEM. BECAUSE THEY OLD AND WASHED UP. WAKE THE FUCK UP. I KNOW I MIGHT GET A LOT OF HATE BUT IM JUST SPEAKIN THE REAL.

YOU THINK THE GOT ARTISTS LIKE 50, NAS, JAYZ, LOX, BEANS IN THE WESTCOAST? HELL NAW THEY DONT. THE BIGGEST HANG WE HAD WAS 2PAC AND EVEN HE WAS FROM THE EASTCOAST... THE WEST WILL NEVER EMERGE TILL THE NEW TALENT COMES THAT CAN HANDLE THE JOB..

ONLY REASON GAME MAKE FEW SALES CAUSE HE FROM OUT HERE. HE IS THE FAKEST RAPPER IVE EVER SEEN. DUDES CHARACTER IS UNSTABLE. DUDE STARTED OUT SOUNDIN LIKE SHYNE, THEN 50 AND NOW HE TRY TO SOUND LIKE NAS, GOT BUTTER FLY TATTS, HAD BLOND HAIR. HOW CAN YALL LIKE THIS FAG? HIS FLOW AINT ORIGINAL.. HE TRIES TOO HARD TO SOUND LIKE EAST ARTISTS. HE GET NO LOVE
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:32:28 PM by uncut510 »
BAN JOHNNY 1000 Pussy!

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
Re: BAY AREA RAP SUCK SO DOES THE WHOLE WEST-COAST (HONEST TRUTH)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 10:44:07 AM »
you like 50, so i guess you take it upon yourself to hate on game.
seein how game is the biggest artist on the West of the moment, you put down a whole coast.

however, i will agree if you say the Hyphy shit is weak.  but i really think you hate Bay Area music because there has been so many artists from N. Cali that has dissed 50.

so i think your credibility for making this thread is underlined by the love you have for curtis.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 11:18:30 AM »
wtf are you doing on a west coast forum then?

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 11:29:01 AM »
Just Bay Area Rap

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Lunatic

Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 11:36:59 AM »
Damn the Yay can't get no love in here? The Bay is more than just Hyphy. You have alot of dope artists like The Coup, Heiro, Balance, 40 Water, San Quinn and many others in the Bay that don't even rap or style wise is not Hyphy. As far as what coast is better, that is the same crabs in a barrell BS from the 90's. You can point out the good and the bad on ALL coasts.   

XaNdEr

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 11:42:11 AM »
Nah dude is right. I dont wanna blow anyones bubbles (no homo) but for real, all the west raps about is gangbanging, bitches and weed. That's not what the world wants anymore, been there done that.

Who wanna hear a Snoop or DPG or any of these self proclaimed "new west"  guys in 2k7 when they can listen to some Nas, Lupe Fiasco, Joell Ortiz or UGK??

Only one from the west who i think still can spit is Cube, but his last 3 albums sounded like he isn't hungry on the mic anymore, if he want he can rip songs up, but that's the problem hes too busy with other things (what i respect though, don't wanna knock anyone's hustle).

Maybe Ras Kass or Ya Boy could bring any heat to the table concerning lyrics, but let's be honest, the west hasn't seen success for years now, it's time to look at the causes.

+1 to the threadstarter.

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 11:45:13 AM »
Damn the Yay can't get no love in here? The Bay is more than just Hyphy. You have alot of dope artists like The Coup, Heiro, Balance, 40 Water, San Quinn and many others in the Bay that don't even rap or style wise is not Hyphy. As far as what coast is better, that is the same crabs in a barrell BS from the 90's. You can point out the good and the bad on ALL coasts.   

True. But for the avg westcoast fan like myself who enjoys ppl like cube, dpg, snoop, game, dre,  etc. are mostly exposed to hyphy when it comes to the bay. Unless you look deeper in (like you have) that's the impression we are going to get. San Quinn is cool, and so is Ya Boy (ain't he from the bay?) but for me, it stops there (for now, perhaps i'll look deeper in in the future). Agreed that each and every coast has it's faults.

d-nice

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 11:51:26 AM »
Nah dude is right. I dont wanna blow anyones bubbles (no homo) but for real, all the west raps about is gangbanging, bitches and weed. That's not what the world wants anymore, been there done that.

Who wanna hear a Snoop or DPG or any of these self proclaimed "new west"  guys in 2k7 when they can listen to some Nas, Lupe Fiasco, Joell Ortiz or UGK??

Only one from the west who i think still can spit is Cube, but his last 3 albums sounded like he isn't hungry on the mic anymore, if he want he can rip songs up, but that's the problem hes too busy with other things (what i respect though, don't wanna knock anyone's hustle).

Maybe Ras Kass or Ya Boy could bring any heat to the table concerning lyrics, but let's be honest, the west hasn't seen success for years now, it's time to look at the causes.

+1 to the threadstarter.

I follow what you are saying. The problem out west is that the shine still goes to gangsta rap. I could give you AT LEAST 20 rappers on the west that can spit and most are not gangsta rappers. Now if they dropped a album today does that mean it would sell? Probably not, because their style is not felt by the execs with this companies. That is the big difference with 90's west coast rap and now. Back then you had Snoop, Cube, Pac selling but a group like Pharcyde, Alkaholiks, Heiro, Xzibit and others people consider backpack rap could succeed and would get a 2nd look because the coast as a whole had exposure. Now it's like you have to be gangsta rap to do numbers unless you are Black Eyed Peas and they changed up alot. The coast does not get behind a Planet Asia or Evidence or Sick Jacken or Sly Boogy now. They have to almost be co signed by a Snoop or Game to get shine. And it gives the appearance that we don't have mc's out here and we do.

Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 11:53:38 AM »

Who wanna hear a Snoop or DPG or any of these self proclaimed "new west"  guys in 2k7 when they can listen to some Nas, Lupe Fiasco, Joell Ortiz or UGK??

+1 to the threadstarter.

I follow what you are saying. The problem out west is that the shine still goes to gangsta rap. I could give you AT LEAST 20 rappers on the west that can spit and most are not gangsta rappers. Now if they dropped a album today does that mean it would sell? Probably not, because their style is not felt by the execs with this companies. That is the big difference with 90's west coast rap and now. Back then you had Snoop, Cube, Pac selling but a group like Pharcyde, Alkaholiks, Heiro, Xzibit and others people consider backpack rap could succeed and would get a 2nd look because the coast as a whole had exposure. Now it's like you have to be gangsta rap to do numbers unless you are Black Eyed Peas and they changed up alot. The coast does not get behind a Planet Asia or Evidence or Sick Jacken or Sly Boogy now. They have to almost be co signed by a Snoop or Game to get shine. And it gives the appearance that we don't have mc's out here and we do.

d-nice got a point here

Can you blame ppl for doing what the people ask for? if it's gonna put food on they table...

d-nice

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 11:59:29 AM »

True. But for the avg westcoast fan like myself who enjoys ppl like cube, dpg, snoop, game, dre,  etc. are mostly exposed to hyphy when it comes to the bay. Unless you look deeper in (like you have) that's the impression we are going to get. San Quinn is cool, and so is Ya Boy (ain't he from the bay?) but for me, it stops there (for now, perhaps i'll look deeper in in the future). Agreed that each and every coast has it's faults.

Hyphy is the sound that caught on with the rest of the country. So people flock to it. When Ant Banks was doing his thing production wise his sound and other Bay producers the sound was completely different. Same with the south. If I turn on the radio or watch TV it is still alot of bounce and crunk music coming out. Wayne, T.I. and others still get that radio play though. And for the west the only style of music that seems to get attention is gangsta rap and Black Eyed Peas. Fair or not fair that is what it is. I would like to see a dope mc not on the gangsta tip out here get a proper push from a label and put together a dope album and see what kind of response they would get.

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 12:01:28 PM »

Hyphy is the sound that caught on with the rest of the country. So people flock to it. When Ant Banks was doing his thing production wise his sound and other Bay producers the sound was completely different. Same with the south. If I turn on the radio or watch TV it is still alot of bounce and crunk music coming out. Wayne, T.I. and others still get that radio play though. And for the west the only style of music that seems to get attention is gangsta rap and Black Eyed Peas. Fair or not fair that is what it is. I would like to see a dope mc not on the gangsta tip out here get a proper push from a label and put together a dope album and see what kind of response they would get.

bishop lamont lets hope

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 12:07:34 PM »

bishop lamont lets hope

Yes perfect example. As long as his image and lyrics are not altered to gain more sales.

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 12:08:18 PM »

bishop lamont lets hope

Yes perfect example. As long as his image and lyrics are not altered to gain more sales.

guess we gotta play the waiting game

uncut510

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 12:16:06 PM »
THE EASTCOAST KINDA TOOK STYLE FROM THE WESTCOAST GANGSTER IMAGE AND AND NOW THEY FLIPPIN IT BETTER THAN WEST, THEY GOT MORE SWAGGER. WESTCOAST WAS THE SHIT IN EARLY 90S CAUSE IT WAS NEW TO THE POEPLES EAR. GANGSTER SHIT WAS TIGHT. SNOOP WAS HUNGRY, NOW HE IS TOO OLD TO REP THE STREETS..

LOOK AT DIPLOMATS, THEY TOOK THE WHOLE BLOOD THANG AND FLIPPED IT DIFFERENT. YES WESTCAOST RAP IS MORE ORIGINAL CAUSE IT STARTED HERE, BUT OTHER REGIONS TOOK IT AND RAN WITH IT AND DID IT A LITTLE BETTER.

WE GOT ONE OF TEH BIGGEST PRODUCER WHICH IS DRE. EAST NEVA HAD NO PRODUCER LIKE US. THE PERSON THAT COMES CLOSE IS JUST BLAZE. THATS THE ONLY THANG IM PROUD ABOUT.

BUT HONESTLY, ITS TIME FOR NEW BLOOD TO SHINE. ALL THE OLD HEADS SUCK.. YALL STUCK WITH THE OLD RAP CAUSE YALL PROBABLY GREW UP ON IT BUT HONESTLY WITH TIME AND DAY, THAT SHIT IS GARBAGE, THEY STILL SPITTIN THE SAME LIKE THEY LIVED IN EARLY 90 OR MID 90.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:34:28 PM by uncut510 »
BAN JOHNNY 1000 Pussy!