Author Topic: BAY AREA RAP SUCK SO DOES THE WHOLE WEST-COAST (HONEST TRUTH)  (Read 2058 times)

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Re: BAY AREA RAP SUCK SO DOES THE WHOLE WEST-COAST (HONEST TRUTH)
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2007, 03:28:13 PM »
^^ who started independant sales selling cds out the truck and going ghetto gold? The bay did all that. give people the blueprint on how to hustle
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2007, 03:36:29 PM »
^^ who started independant sales selling cds out the truck and going ghetto gold? The bay did all that. give people the blueprint on how to hustle

What the fuck are u talkin about are u serious

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

marijuano

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2007, 03:41:54 PM »
Theres only 2 muthafuckas that i respect in the bay right now and thats clyde carson and ya boy

thats coo mayne...but on the real, theres better artist then them two coming out the Bay...Clyde is more on the hyphy side and Ya Boys cousin San Quinn in my opinion is better...he's been in the game longer and has some tight albums...

I know this dogg i live in oakland but i dont fuck wit the bay like that i listen to southen cali shit

i feel ya pimpin...I was born in LA, but been livin out here in the bay last 20+ years...so I got nothing but love for both sides...at the end its all about the West Coast...

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2007, 03:44:04 PM »
Yeah u know what it is

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2007, 03:46:02 PM »

Well, imo it was just Too Short, and yes he did lay down the foundation. I won't refute that statement at all. But you can't say the entire Bay is responsible, just Short. And nothing about other rappers selling indy cd's is stealing. That's a big beef I have with the fans in the Bay, you think people are actually stealing from yall. They were moving mad units then, but look now, the Bay don't even support there own artists anymore.

MediumL

« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2007, 04:20:59 PM »

Hyphy = Crunk = BS
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2007, 05:08:22 PM »

Well, imo it was just Too Short, and yes he did lay down the foundation. I won't refute that statement at all. But you can't say the entire Bay is responsible, just Short. And nothing about other rappers selling indy cd's is stealing. That's a big beef I have with the fans in the Bay, you think people are actually stealing from yall. They were moving mad units then, but look now, the Bay don't even support there own artists anymore.

your right a lot of cats out here aren't supporting local artists

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2007, 05:11:00 PM »

your right a lot of cats out here aren't supporting local artists

Not that really any region does anymore, but when the South took over, that's what was going on. It just seems like the fans of the Bay music are VERY dedicated, you would expect more sales. I can't believe less than 5K people bought Big Rich album, can't believe Quinn didn't even sell 20K.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2007, 05:25:42 PM »
Nobody in the bay is living off album sales besides 40

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2007, 05:35:25 PM »
Nobody in the bay is living off album sales besides 40

Most rappers don't live off sales, I just brought it up for the fact that there seems to be sooo many crazy, dedicated, die hard fans of these artists and nobody's buying it. When labels look at that shit, theyre like "what the fuck" I though so and so was the most popular rapper in the Bay, u can't tell me that's fact when he sells 2K records.

Al Bundy

« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2007, 05:44:53 PM »

E-40 did it out the trunk also. Alot of rappers from the Bay have/are slanging tapes out the trunk.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2007, 05:54:31 PM »

E-40 did it out the trunk also. Alot of rappers from the Bay have/are slanging tapes out the trunk.

Right, but I mean Short was doing that back in the mid to late 80's way before 40 did.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2007, 08:25:29 PM »
San Quinn is cool, and so is Ya Boy (ain't he from the bay?) but for me, it stops there (for now, perhaps i'll look deeper in in the future).

If you have to ask where Ya Boy is from, then you obviously have no clue about the bay area scene. Maybe you can make a valid comment in the future instead of hating, "maybe when you look deeper, perhaps".

@uncut510, where in the 510 is you actually from? and don't give me a city's name, what neighbourhood you run wit? you're over here talkin bout street this and street that like you know what's happenin in the streets.. I'd like to know what streets you're talkin about so I can holla @ ma folks there and laugh at em, because you have no clue what the fuc you talkin about.. state those are your "opinions" before you make bogues statements.

JUST LOOK AT YA SELF AND POEPLE IN YA SIGNATURE. SOUTH CITY WHICH DONT EVEN COUNT ASS REAL CITY. GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE. WHERE U FROM LIKE SAN MATEO OR SOME SHIT? LMAO

I'm from san bruno, east side.. by san francisco airport, the backstreets.. come thru and I'll show you how real our city is.. you from silver? well, that's like 6-7 minutes to the north.. you should be knowin bout my set.. even south city, hard hittaz is everywhere, this the bay.. you just ain't from the streets like that.. that's all there is to it..

"people don't bump mac dre in the bay streets" <<<< QUOTE OF THE YEAR !!

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

uncut510

• 'G'
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2007, 10:33:21 PM »
San Quinn is cool, and so is Ya Boy (ain't he from the bay?) but for me, it stops there (for now, perhaps i'll look deeper in in the future).

If you have to ask where Ya Boy is from, then you obviously have no clue about the bay area scene. Maybe you can make a valid comment in the future instead of hating, "maybe when you look deeper, perhaps".

@uncut510, where in the 510 is you actually from? and don't give me a city's name, what neighbourhood you run wit? you're over here talkin bout street this and street that like you know what's happenin in the streets.. I'd like to know what streets you're talkin about so I can holla @ ma folks there and laugh at em, because you have no clue what the fuc you talkin about.. state those are your "opinions" before you make bogues statements.

JUST LOOK AT YA SELF AND POEPLE IN YA SIGNATURE. SOUTH CITY WHICH DONT EVEN COUNT ASS REAL CITY. GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE. WHERE U FROM LIKE SAN MATEO OR SOME SHIT? LMAO

I'm from san bruno, east side.. by san francisco airport, the backstreets.. come thru and I'll show you how real our city is.. you from silver? well, that's like 6-7 minutes to the north.. you should be knowin bout my set.. even south city, hard hittaz is everywhere, this the bay.. you just ain't from the streets like that.. that's all there is to it..

"people don't bump mac dre in the bay streets" <<<< QUOTE OF THE YEAR !!

well i know south city or san bruno aint soft like san mateo or burligame n shit. but lets keep it real, yall aint got no projects, hoods or ghettoes. those areas are nice and prety well off. people live comfortable there. its people that want to act bad but live a good life.

as far as mac dre. nobdy fucks with that shit in the streets. he sucked. he was on drugs, and his music was all spaced out. personally mac dre can be cool (rip) i dont hate the man. but his music is another story.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 11:20:22 AM by uncut510 »
BAN JOHNNY 1000 Pussy!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2007, 12:25:25 AM »
An asshole signs up on this forum and does this same thing every year. I didn't understand it then - I don't understand it now. If you don't like the West Coast, then why did you sign up on a forum designed specifically for West Coast music? Erase your account, go sign up on a Red Sox forum, and tell them about how great the Yankees are.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"