Author Topic: BUN B Interview Up At Dubcnn Now!  (Read 180 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

BUN B Interview Up At Dubcnn Now!
« on: June 21, 2007, 11:59:54 AM »
www.dubcnn.com/interviews/bunb

Dubcnn had the great opportunity of hooking up with one half of the legendary Texas group UGK, Bun B, for an in-depth interview. Throughout the interview, we touched on a series of difference topics. Of course, we talk about the UGK album and the new single with Outkast "Internation Players Anthem".

We also touch on Bun's connection with the West Coast, how the rap fans as well as rap artists have changed with the development of technology, problems in the hood as far as people not taking responsibility and educating the youngsters, which artists Bun is currently listening to (Bun showed Crooked I a lot of love!), as well as much much more in this exclusive interview.

To read or listen to the interview, click below:

Exclusive Interview With Bun B (June '07)

Enjoy the interview and be on the look out for "Underground Kingz" July 17th!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: BUN B Interview Up At Dubcnn Now!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 12:28:18 PM »
Quote from: Bun B
I'm sure that everybody thinks they're jamming so I'm probably gonna get flooded with a bunch of shit, so if you don't end up doing a song with Bun B, it ain't Bun B's fault. Let's be real about the world, I already got about 210,000 myspace friends and half of those are rappers or DJ's! I mean how many people can I possibly expect to rap with? Cause anybody that hits my page from this interview is gonna want a verse free, or at a reduced rate, they're going to want a friend price! Everybody got the same excuse, "I'm trying to make it, can you help a brotha out?"

But man, nobody helped this brotha out! And like I say, for every one of you, there's ten thousands of you. Like if I go to a hotel and I check into the hotel, the dude checking me in is a rapper, the dude taking my luggage is a rapper, the valet taking my car is a rapper, the room service dude is a rapper, like seriously! Everybody is a rapper now! I'd love to help everybody, but I can't. So if people do decide "I'll hit Bun B up, maybe he'll help me out", I ain't promised to help you out, that's not how the world works! Now don't get mad at me if I'm not in a position to help you out.

See that is what pisses me off. Why does everybody and their mans wanna be a rapper for? Why can't niggas get up off they lazy ass and make something of themself BESIDES tryin' to make it in the rap community? That shit is so fuckin' true though, everybody wants to be a rapper, why?? Why? :grumpy:

The only reason is for the quick cash, no art, no message, shit's sad, we know that, and I'm sorry I had to bring the shit up again, but damn.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 12:34:54 PM »
^^ No you're right though, it's so true! Everybody always tells me like "Yo you know all these rappers, why don't you rap and get some dope features?" I'm like uhhh.. maybe cause I'm not a rapper? Or I don't think that I'm great at rapping? It seems so evident nowadays that everybody can rap lol.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 12:36:55 PM »
^ LMFAO, damnnnnnnnnnnn, that's fuckin' crazy. :laugh:

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 12:47:50 PM »
Quote from: Bun B
I ain't telling nobody to change their life, but take some of that tennis shoe money and do something! It ain't going to hurt to have one less pair of Jordans a month. We gotta start doing some shit man, we need more community centers and shit, we need busses and shit for boys and girls out here, youth centers that wanna take kids but they ain't got nowhere to take them man. Instead of getting 5,000 dollar rims, we could be getting 4,000 dollar rims and giving 1,000 to a youth center. You ain't going to want to take them nowhere, so the least you can do is help them get there!

Now, that's what's up. I ain't even a big Bun B fan at all, but good read, homie said some real shit. I think he was tryin' to watch what he said though, so he wouldn't offend people, like with his myspace shit, he should just let it out there, fuck everybody tryin' to get in the game, becuz myspace is a joke, it's all promotion and every one out there promoting is doin' music, LOL. THAT shit is crazy. LMFAO.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 02:01:48 PM »
Dope interview, Nima. This quote in particular struck me:

"But at the same time, I have to be conscious of what's going on, I can't go out and make a Laffy Taffy or a Pop Lock & Drop It, that's really not my lane! And even if I did make one of those records, for one that's gonna be disappointing to my fan base, even if I get a bunch of new fans that may jam that record, once they go the next dance record, they'll go to the next artist and then they'll forget about me!"

...So true. Have massive respect for both, but I hope Quik and AMG get a chance to read that.

Also, how fucking dope is it that, through this Hip-Hop Weekly series, dudes like Just Blaze and Bun B are sitting up and really taking notice of Crooked I?! I really hope these props and his continued hard work help propel Crooked to a major label deal. Crook is incredibly smart for masterminding that weekly format, and hopefully JB is another person to read this piece!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 02:32:18 PM by DPG2K7 »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 02:31:15 PM »
A gem, this one. B dropped plenty of knowledge on there.

DubCNN, dropping nothing but quality once again.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 02:58:54 PM »
Great interview Nima!!

Everybody needs to take notice of what Bun's sayin.  He's talking about being himself and not selling out his fans that have been down with him his whole career.  UGK isn't where they are at today because of radio / bet / mtv.  They're where they are through word of mouth, features, etc.  And they're not about to switch their fuckin style on some laffy taffy shit.  Cuz they know they're alienating their core fanbase, who is the ones that made them who they are!

Bun also talked about that he doesn't care where someone is from, which is shit that I've been tryin to tell yall for a minute.  Regardless of what Sub-Genre of Hip Hop an artist appeals to, if they are REAL, then they get respect.  He's not gonna hate on somebody just because they are mainstream or just cuz they're not from the south.  If they are reppin the real shit, they get respect regardless.  And look at how much respect he showed all of those real ass dudes that he upped in the interview.  Hip Hop isn't about seperating and hating eveybody and sparking beef to get your name in the paper.  It's about real recognizing the real, working together, and accomplishing something.  That's Hip Hop!

I love UGK man, I'm def coppin this album.  A double, Pimp C doin half the production, they got some sick fuckin features.  I know I'm gonna like this shit.  UGK are some of the realest Hip Hop cats out there.

wardy

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 03:11:45 PM »
props for askin my question about dizzee  8)

Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 05:15:11 PM »
dope read 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 06:26:16 PM »
yo Nima jus out of curiosity if you don't mind me asking, do you live off this site, like is it your main source of income or do you have side hustles?

cause this is one incredible site, I only found out bout it this year & I gotta say these interviews are the best I ever seen, specially that long arse snoop one.

haha I love this site!

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 03:27:23 AM »
yo Nima jus out of curiosity if you don't mind me asking, do you live off this site, like is it your main source of income or do you have side hustles?

cause this is one incredible site, I only found out bout it this year & I gotta say these interviews are the best I ever seen, specially that long arse snoop one.

haha I love this site!

Well I'm not getting huge money or anything but I don't have a job besides dubcnn, just college, so yeah I guess I'm living off it...

Thanks for the love!!

Keep the feedback coming!