Author Topic: T.I. feat. Jay-Z - Watch What You Say  (Read 257 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
T.I. feat. Jay-Z - Watch What You Say
« on: June 22, 2007, 03:05:28 AM »
Expected better. Beta is boring, hook meh and T.I. got completly outshined by Jay, who killed his verse. Cant believe people saying Jay is wack.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/id.2426/title.t-i-f-jay-z-watch-what-you-say

Chief

Re: T.I. feat. Jay-Z - Watch What You Say
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 03:47:48 AM »
damn the beat is off the hook!

track's pretty damn good after first listen, T.I soundin good to me!

but yah, jigga killed it, curious if non jay-z fans will like it?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 03:55:58 AM by Chief »

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 04:01:31 AM »
I've heard from a reliable source of mine that T.I.'s album is pretty bad. Take that for what you will, although I can safely say that I'm anticipating it a whole lot less now...

I'm sure it will still sell like crazy, bad or not.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 04:20:03 AM »
I've heard from a reliable source of mine that T.I.'s album is pretty bad. Take that for what you will, although I can safely say that I'm anticipating it a whole lot less now...

Yea im a big T.I fan but have been massively dissapointed by almost everything ive heard so far, T.I needs to drop this whole T.I vs T.I.P personality shit cos its so corny, this tracks alrite Jay kills it and is his verse directed at weezy? Im expecting this album to be T.Is worse since 'I'm Serious'...

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 07:09:23 AM »

Yea im a big T.I fan but have been massively dissapointed by almost everything ive heard so far, T.I needs to drop this whole T.I vs T.I.P personality shit cos its so corny, this tracks alrite Jay kills it and is his verse directed at weezy? Im expecting this album to be T.Is worse since 'I'm Serious'...

honestly the whole T.I. vs. T.I.P. personality thing has existed as long as T.I. has been making music. This is nothing new to T.I. fans...just for some wierd reason he's only really claiming it right now

gonna listen to the track now
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 07:23:24 AM »
this album ain't soundin to bad so far..

--Big Shit Poppin - I think it's fire...track gets me soooo hyped up when listening to it
--You Know What It Is - same affect as big shit poppin, just better...think this gonna be a summer anthem
--Watch What You Say - Beat is simple, but cool...the part of the hook where it goes "watch what you say" is annoying, but rest of hook is sick...T.I.'s 2nd verse along with jay's is FIRE, but T.I.'s 1st verse is meh
--Help Is Coming - only a leaked snippet, but it sounds like fire..his flow on it is beyond imagination
--My Swag - Also only a snippet, but it sounded real smooth...loving the hook with wyclef on it and the beat sounds nice
--We Do This - Also only a snippet, but beat sounds really nice, as well as the hook...a pure club banger
--Show It To Me - just a snippet, and it sounded so-so...not as good as his last collabo with nelly
--don't you wanna be high - snippet, also so-so...nothing special
--touchdown - snippet, has grown on me since first listen
--respect this hustle - snippet, also has grown on me

my biggest concern about the album, is the really the one thing we defanitely can't judge yet, since most of what we got is snippets...the lyrics...big shit poppin & you know what it is ain't meant to be hardcore lyrical songs (but he got some nice lines here and there) so that's no surprise...his 2nd verse on that watch what you say is fire though wow
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 07:32:25 AM by Lunatic 63 »

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 09:59:53 AM »

honestly the whole T.I. vs. T.I.P. personality thing has existed as long as T.I. has been making music. This is nothing new to T.I. fans...just for some wierd reason he's only really claiming it right now

Ino its always existed but hes never made it seem so corny, it was kl at first but now its jus pathetic like wit all of these interviews where hes interviewing himself etc....

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 10:03:23 AM »

Ino its always existed but hes never made it seem so corny, it was kl at first but now its jus pathetic like wit all of these interviews where hes interviewing himself etc....

yea it is corny right now...but in the end, it's all promoting, and he always does it to death, and in the end that'll pay off with high record sales...but i also don't think the whole interviewing himself shit is cool either