Author Topic: "[] Caltroit Inteviews | Black Milk and Bishop Lamont +LA In-Store Sat []"  (Read 145 times)

reality1000

• Lil Geezy
copy and pasted this shit from okayplayer

(((((((((((((((((

Two new interviews, get both artists perspective on their upcoming collaborative album "Caltroit" and mixtape "Caltroit Metropolis"

Black Milk Interview:
http://www.thaformula.com/black_milk_the_caltroit_project_part_1_thaformula_music.html

Snippet:
thaFormula.com - Do you think that you are finally starting to shake the Jay Dee comparison and that people are now starting to look at you as just Black Milk?

Black Milk - I think that it's kind of fading away just because I've been putting out a lot of different music lately and people who have been hearing the growth even after I put out my album "Popular Demand." I've been leaking just random records on the Internet and just little beat snippets just to let the people hear where I'm going with the music so they will know that I'm not just stuck in that one box or in that one place where my album was. So yeah I think that now that title is kind of fading away and I'm happy for that because I never liked it in the beginning anyways but it's a compliment for anyone to even think I could be on Dilla's level. I look at his techniques and his methods of how he used to make beats and I think he's the greatest to do it. So for someone to say I could be even close to that level is great for me. But at the same time, I'm not here to do his style or try to fill that void. I'm not here for that but I think people see me coming into my own so its all good.

----------------------------------------------------

Bishop Lamont Interview
http://www.thaformula.com/bishop_lamont_the_caltroit_project_part_2_thaformula_music.html

Snippet:
thaFormula.com - Now I know originally it was supposed to be a mix tape but Black is telling me that you guys have decided to release it as an actual album, what brought that decision about for you?

Bishop Lamont - I mean it's the same thing with "N*gger Noize," it really isn't a mix tape, its a street album. Niggaz done burnt mix tapes out. Everybody and their grandmother got a mix tape. What's really gonna bring them into wanting to be involved in that and to listen to that and give that 5 minutes of time or whatever when everybody and their mama got the same beats. So it's another album and at the same time it got so big that we decided we gonna have the album and we are gonna have the "Caltroit Metropolis" because there are so many MC's and artists that came to the table once they heard about it. It got so big it was like we can't have this many records on one album so there is two projects coming. There is the "Caltroit" album and then "Caltroit Metropolis." It's like "Jaylib" meets "Welcome to Detroit" in a sense.

----------------------------------------------------

LA In-Store Info:
First Official Caltroit In-Store, Cookout, Meet & Greet, Q&A, and more With Bishop Lamont & Black Milk @33third Los Angeles

Come Join us for a One Night Only Exclusive Caltroit Cookout, Meet & Greet, Q&A, & more W/ Bishop Lamont & Black Milk...

When: Saturday June 23rd @ 6:30pm...
Where: 33third Los Angeles 5111 W. Pico Blvd. L.A. - (310) 694-3460 RSVP To: 33ghost@sbcglobal.net All Ages & Free.

Tha Crip

PROPS...this is kind of good and bad news....good bein that Caltroit could possibly be an actual retail album (meaning no fuckin DJ shoutin' and shit  throughout the songs) but kinda bad seein it aint goin to be out till september or november but fuck it...im sure it will be hot, cant wait for that 2nd single with busta rhymes and guilty simpson, seeing how we wont get Reformation till next year now this is gonna be great to get an actual album with Bishop on it in the meantime  8)
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

AnybodyKilla

^^HAHAHA ye man fuck, DJ shoutin shit pisses me off to the max, ruins the whole fuckin song. But ye if this goes down as like a actual album, Lamonts album aint comin out til at least march of 08, AT LEAST, i can tell u that much!! But that will be perfect because he will a really really good buzz off "Caltroit" if he does the right promoting, alot of people will get to know him and see what hes all about, and as soon as people are done playing the shit out of it, they can cop his album which will be bascially when u want something else from him and u play the shit outta it LOL. But i hope this shit is better then "Nigger Noize" cause i have no clue why people think that mixtape is so good, i think its the wackest shit ive herd in my life LMAO, so dull, every song is sooo damn dull, so boreing to hear and shit aint fire at all, shittiest mixtape ive ever downloaded in my life imo, but thats just me, if this new shit is the same, i aint even gon download any shit from him no more LOL.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
Word, Bishop's smart for doing the Caltroit album & the Caltroit Metropolis mixtape with Black Milk to get a good buzz in the Midwest & the East since Busta & Lord Finesse are also gonna be on there. So far I'm feelin' that Caltroit song, it's really grown on me & Bishop, Black Milk, & Indef were dope on that song. I like the Dr. Dre type vibe Black Milk put on the music even though it's also got his usual Detroit style on it too.

Al Bundy

i'll be there.

reality1000

• Lil Geezy
yeah the caltroit tracks is dope and all that screaming on a mixtape shit is played the fuck out.  no one wants to hear that shit anymore.