Author Topic: Why does it seem like everyone's going back and listening to Em these days....  (Read 384 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
With nothing out right now from Eminem or his crew.. it's suprising to see all these threads about Eminem.  One of my friends (he posts here as H20Proof) left a message on my answering machine saying he was listening to the Slim Shady LP all day and that it's a 5 mic classic and he forgot how dope it was. 

Even myself, I'm bumpin "Trife Thieves" with Fuzz (this dude could have torn up the underground) and Bizzare (back when he was still trying to be a real emcee) and I was bumpin D-12 Devils Night earlier (That album was insane), and now I feel like throwin in the Marshall Mathers LP.

What's going on?  How come we are all digging back into our old Eminem stuff?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

ToOoOoN!!!

simple! his old shit is good  8) i have been bumpin' devil nights yesterday after a year without listening to it and i was thinking : shit this album is off the hook i should be bumpin this cd more that 1 or 2 times a year! pistol pistol is insane!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
simple! his old shit is good  8) i have been bumpin' devil nights yesterday after a year without listening to it and i was thinking : shit this album is off the hook i should be bumpin this cd more that 1 or 2 times a year! pistol pistol is insane!

word.. no doubt.. pick any track off that album and it is better than all the stuff they come out with today

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Listening to the Marshall Mathers LP.. these lyrics are crazy....... Just the opening track has so many lyrical gems, that you'll notice a new one everytime you hear it..... check this out... he says...

"Serial killer
Hiding murder material
In a cereal box
On top of your stereo!"

There are around a dozen rhymes just in those four short lines.

....or....

"I don't even believe in breathin
I'm leavin air in your lungs
Just to hear you keep screamin
For me to seap it!"

Again, another dozen rhymes in just 4 lines.

^^^ That is sick!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 08:06:39 AM by Shakur Abdul-Latif's Definition Of Hip-Hop..by -Infinite- »

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
[cut 'n scratched: "I'm an instigator" -> Swifty McVay]

"[Chorus: Swifty McVay]
"I'm an instigator" - nigga can't you see?
"I'm an instigator" - ain't nobody worse than me
"I'm an instigator" - I'll be the first to beef
first to squeeze, take heed to the words I speak
first to squeeze, 'til it hurts to breathe, fuck with me

[Kuniva]
I love gettin shit started
I instigate a peace talk into a beef talk until police need chalk
to chalk you up, have bitches walkin up
Smackin you in your face, screamin that you talk too much
Tell women you said you fucked 'em
Tell the hardest nigga you said you snuck him
Ran his pockets and stuck him
'Til they gather in front of your crib, guns and long clips
Laughin when they shoot at you over the wrong shit
I lock down your block with lies that's so believable
you'll run and grab your shotguns, glocks and nines (whattup)
Walkin blind, excite fights until they erupt (do it!)
Instigate my own death cause killin you ain't enough"

Damn Sweet.

Lunatic

[Kuniva]

Damn Sweet.

hook is dope...i always thought kuniva could really spit, to this day when he tries
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

• Muthafuckin' Don!

[Kuniva]

Damn Sweet.

Nice verse.. I like the line from the song that says... "Only dope shit on your tape was your skits and interludes"..lol... They really came out with their own style on that album, "Instigator" expresses that style as well as any track on the album other than "That's How".
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 08:28:51 AM by Shakur Abdul-Latif's Definition Of Hip-Hop..by -Infinite- »

StevenQBosell

I truly miss the Marshall Mather/Slim Shady LP/ Stuff He Did With Royce Eminem...

Listening to "Werdz Are Weaponz" off I believe some FunkMaster Flex mixtape released back in 2000 or something was SICK!  :o Shit On You was one of my favorite Eminem joints back in the day. Back at Los Angeles City College in '99, the Nigerian selling bootlegs had these bootlegs "Eminem: Fucking Crazy" vol 1 and 2. I copped them, and they had all sorts of shit like Nuttin To Do, and a whole bunch of tight shit that titles escape my mind now.

I forgot how dope his shit was... there was one point back before he released The Eminem Show that he was guesting like crazy, and killing everything.

He prolly really started using XTC heavily, and believed his own hype. Me personally I've never been a fan of Eminem production, besides "Renegade" and his verse more than made up for production on that one.

Thinking back on it, we'll prolly never see the old Em.

Thank God for archives, huh?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I truly miss the Marshall Mather/Slim Shady LP/ Stuff He Did With Royce Eminem...

Listening to "Werdz Are Weaponz" off I believe some FunkMaster Flex mixtape released back in 2000 or something was SICK!  :o Shit On You was one of my favorite Eminem joints back in the day. Back at Los Angeles City College in '99, the Nigerian selling bootlegs had these bootlegs "Eminem: Fucking Crazy" vol 1 and 2. I copped them, and they had all sorts of shit like Nuttin To Do, and a whole bunch of tight shit that titles escape my mind now.

I forgot how dope his shit was... there was one point back before he released The Eminem Show that he was guesting like crazy, and killing everything.

He prolly really started using XTC heavily, and believed his own hype. Me personally I've never been a fan of Eminem production, besides "Renegade" and his verse more than made up for production on that one.

Thinking back on it, we'll prolly never see the old Em.

Thank God for archives, huh?

yeah, I had that same "Fucking Crazy" bootleg back in 99, that's the illest Bootleg album hip-hop has ever seen.  Another great bootleg album from that era was Royce Da 5'9"'s with "The Throne Is Mine", "Money", "Soldier", "The Desert" and one song, I forget the name but the chorus says "I wake up/ and I don't know where I am".

floatin_above_everything

Maybe people remembered that skill wise, he is among the best ever. So what if he put out one wack album?, he'd still smash on anyrapper right now, cept maybe Weezy F.

Al Bundy

I have his albums and I never listen to them. I played the shit out of them back in the day and i'm very tired of them. Bumpin Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx  8)

Doggystylin

Yeah I went through this about a year ago or maybe even a little before that where I busted out all the old Eminem shit and was like damn this shits on everything, I still listen to his stuff on a regular basis

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah I went through this about a year ago or maybe even a little before that where I busted out all the old Eminem shit and was like damn this shits on everything, I still listen to his stuff on a regular basis

same, the old em is dope. from his latest stuff he appears to be moving back in the right direction.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

same, the old em is dope. from his latest stuff he appears to be moving back in the right direction.

no way... it's gone forever... look at it this way, think about what made him great when he came out.  His whole personality came from being a starving emcee who was hungry to prove himself to the point of being insane and crazy......... Well, since 8 Mile blew up he's official acheived way more than he ever would have expected.  So you can't re-ceate that kind of situation again.

The only way I see him coming out dope again, is if visiting Proof's grave everyday somehow gives him some new inspiration.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 02:18:46 PM by Shakur Abdul-Latif's Definition Of Hip-Hop..by -Infinite- »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Hey infinite it's funny you should mention this, because I feel exactly the same way and although I bought the album at the time (god knows where it is at the moment) I thought it was good but then I went off it, listening to it again now though, that album is incredibly underrated. As for Marshall Mathers what a great album that is and yeah some of his songs it's only when you hear the song closely that you fully appreciate how many rhyme schemes he has going on. At his best, he is the best rapper ever, forgot 2pac, as good as he was he did not have crazy rhymes, a great lyricist yes but nah not all round like Eminem. Notorious ....maybe ....perhaps Nas in his heyday was better but it's a close run competition,
Btw no pun intended but D12 - Shit On You is the shit
I just wish D12 did not include Bizarre!