Author Topic: Thoughts on Cassidy?  (Read 258 times)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Thoughts on Cassidy?
« on: June 22, 2007, 12:18:00 PM »
Since I haven't seen too many threads on Cass around the forum, I thought I'd put this one up and see what the DubCC peeps thoughts are on him and his output.

Right now, I think he's one of the hottest MCs out - but that is from the admittedly small material I've heard from him. I always liked "I'm A Hustla," and have had that single on rotation for a long time, but my interest in this guy's music heated up with his guest appearance on Busta's "Psycho." He really outshined Bus and Papoose. His new single "My Drink And My 2 Step" is flames too. Sure, it's your first-single-club-banger and some people may hold that against the song, but Cassidy's flow on it is vicious. Plus, Swizz laced another monster beat.

I'm really anticipating Cass' "It Is What It Is" now. Dude's been through a murder case and a near fatal car crash since his last album. That could provide some compelling subject matter, and as long as Swizz continues this hot streak he shouldn't have to deal with the wack production problem. Just hope he doesn't go for too many guest appearances, 'cause "the Hustla" can definitely dominate solo IMO.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Lunatic

Re: Thoughts on Cassidy?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 12:18:57 PM »
Since I haven't seen too many threads on Cass around the forum, I thought I'd put this one up and see what the DubCC peeps thoughts are on him and his output.

Right now, I think he's one of the hottest MCs out - but that is from the admittedly small material I've heard from him. I always liked "I'm A Hustla," and have had that single on rotation for a long time, but my interest in this guy's music heated up with his guest appearance on Busta's "Psycho." He really outshined Bus and Papoose. His new single "My Drink And My 2 Step" is flames too. Sure, it's your first-single-club-banger and some people may hold that against the song, but Cassidy's flow on it is vicious. Plus, Swizz laced another monster beat.

I'm really anticipating Cass' "It Is What It Is" now. Dude's been through a murder case and a near fatal car crash since his last album. That could provide some compelling subject matter, and as long as Swizz continues this hot streak he shouldn't have to deal with the wack production problem. Just hope he doesn't go for too many guest appearances, 'cause "the Hustla" can definitely dominate solo IMO.

dude can sure as hell spit when he wants...i bought his last album and it was pretty nice
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 12:26:32 PM »
Dude is one of the sickest punchline based rappers ever. He's also pretty good at making cross over records, which is something that most eastcoast mixtape emcees have never been able to do. I think of Cassidy, and I think back to when I actually liked mixtapes.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 12:27:06 PM »
I liked his work on The Partridge Family :)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 12:32:43 PM »
I like how he goes into the story tellin' moments on his tracks. LOL.

'Aim For The Head' and 'Psycho' is my favorites wit him. I love 'C-Bonics' though.  :P

He's tight but I don't follow him or check for him, much.

'Weapon on the waist and I spray guns off
Cuz if it's beef I'm on top of it like A1 sauce'

WC Iz Active

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 12:59:58 AM »
maybe the best rapper alive