Author Topic: having the right attitude.  (Read 390 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: having the right attitude.
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 03:15:59 PM »
^ Yeah, I respect that, that's some decent honesty. More people need that.

Question is, what do you value? With such a stance on life, you sure as hell must be something close to an objectivist to be able to survive mentally. That is: do you rule out the suckers in life, minimize your external dependency and recognise the virtue in your personal goals? Because I seem to remember that's not really you either...

Well, what you mean by surviving mentally? As far as I'm concerned, a little alcohol (and sometimes a little more) always does the trick somehow.  :D
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Chief

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 03:05:03 AM »
infinite actually has a good point. that comes more into negative and positive thinking though, it is not healthy to be worried about shit all the time, and to think negatively about people.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 05:48:22 AM »

Of course not. But you're telling me that my own heart would feel comfortable with a fucked up reality. I disagree.

When did I say your own heart would be comfortable with a fucked up reality? 

Let me try to explain it in a different way.  A man can have billions, live in a mansion, etc... but if the conversation in his own head is not good, then he can't even sleep at night and he is miserable even though he's sleeping in a mansion.

I think it was Yogunda that said, "Having material wealth and having no inner-peace, is like being thirsty while bathing in a lake".
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 05:51:45 AM »

Of course not. But you're telling me that my own heart would feel comfortable with a fucked up reality. I disagree.

Let me try to explain it in a different way.  A man can have billions, live in a mansion, etc... but if the conversation in his own head is not good, then he can't even sleep at night and he is miserable even though he's sleeping in a mansion.

I think it was Yogunda that said, "Having material wealth and having no inner-peace, is like being thirsty while bathing in a lake".

So far so good, but what's with being thirsty while being lost in the desert?
No, it's not a sin

Elevz

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 06:25:21 AM »

So far so good, but what's with being thirsty while being lost in the desert?

It's simple as this: if you're able to cope with reality, you won't be having any trouble. Nor should you need alcohol to survive in that case. That's just what I mean by being able to survive mentally: are you strong enough cope with life? Otherwise, you've basically turned yourself into a helpless victim...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 06:33:52 AM »
I could also live without eating pizza... will I ever do it? No, not as long as I like pizza. What exactly is the point in limiting yourself just to prove that you are strong enough? Actually, alcohol is just one of many ways of dealing with things. Other people overwork themselves, start blaming the white man, become religious freaks or (in a woman's case) open their legs for a different random sucker on a daily... there are many ways.
No, it's not a sin

Elevz

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 06:36:23 AM »
^ You act as if there's no way to live without having to escape from reality... Isn't that exactly what you denounced earlier on?

That's not saying you shouldn't consume alcohol or pizza's, but does it have to be a matter of escaping?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 06:49:06 AM »
^ You act as if there's no way to live without having to escape from reality... Isn't that exactly what you denounced earlier on?

That's not saying you shouldn't consume alcohol or pizza's, but does it have to be a matter of escaping?

I never promoted escaping from reality. I denounced that, and rightfully so. I remember we had this convo about alcohol over a year ago in mIRC. Lol... what is your problem with drinking a cold beer and feeling good? It's not LSD what we're talking about here. Maybe I made it look like I'm an alcoholic or a depressive drinker and whatnot, but that is not the case.

But I know what you mean and you got a point. Lying to yourself to make yourself feel better or drinking to make yourself feel better... I see the correlation.
No, it's not a sin

Elevz

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 06:58:14 AM »
I never promoted escaping from reality. I denounced that, and rightfully so. I remember we had this convo about alcohol over a year ago in mIRC. Lol... what is your problem with drinking a cold beer and feeling good? It's not LSD what we're talking about here. Maybe I made it look like I'm an alcoholic or a depressive drinker and whatnot, but that is not the case.

In that case, we agree. The thing I'm against, is to see potential going to waste, and to see how people lose control over themselves. Having a cold beer is a really good thing to do; that's an enjoyable activity. At the same time binge drinking or drinking to escape reality should be denounced by any rational standard. Oddly, at the same time that's exactly what society is promoting more or less. There's too few people, with too little control over themselves when it comes to consuming alcoholic drinks.