Author Topic: The Fixxers show review (Portland)  (Read 277 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Fixxers show review (Portland)
« on: June 24, 2007, 01:35:12 PM »
Ended up being a pretty tight show. The wait was the worst part tho. I'm used to rappers being late, but they told us that they would be hitting the stage around 9:00 pm. We knew to get there early, so we showed up at about 8:00 or so & got right to the front of the stage. Quik & AMG didn't even come on until 12:30 am. The club was PACKED though. They said they had Bobby Valentino there last month & Fergie there the month before & neither of them had half the crowd that Quik & AMG brought in. I thought that was a GREAT sign.

Quik performed about 5 solo tracks, AMG did "Bitch Better Have My Money" & then they closed with "Can U Werk Wit Dat". The whole show only lasted about 45 minutes total! :( I was real disapointed with the length. I asked one of the secruity after the show why it was so short & he said Quik was pissed through the whole set that the audio equipment was shit (it did keep fucking up & the instrumentals were very hard to hear).

Not the best show I've been to, but I was still glad to see Quik & AMG again. Quik mentioned that Domino was going to show up as a "suprise guest", but they had him up in Washington a few nights before & he got into some "legal trouble" and that's why he couldn't make it. Anyways, here's a few of the pics I snapped:

i B 2 QUIK 2 c

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
Re: The Fixxers show review (Portland)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 03:05:37 PM »
good looks on the review and pics  8)

got a few questions tho:

1.  what's up with Quik's triangle pieces? are they just iced out triangles (kinda like his old dog tags), or do they have some other design in them?
2.  did Quik and AMG kick it with the crowd after the show?  for a 45 minute set, i hope they would make it up to the fans with some pics and autographs

hope that wasn't your first Quik concert, cause we all know he can put on an insane set

peace
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 03:07:18 PM by i B 2 QUIK 2 c »

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 03:27:06 PM »

got a few questions tho:

1.  what's up with Quik's triangle pieces? are they just iced out triangles (kinda like his old dog tags), or do they have some other design in them?
2.  did Quik and AMG kick it with the crowd after the show?  for a 45 minute set, i hope they would make it up to the fans with some pics and autographs

hope that wasn't your first Quik concert, cause we all know he can put on an insane set

peace
Yeah I was lookin at his triangle piece all night. That's all it was was triangles, but the diamonds on it were OFF THE CHAIN!

The host of the event kept advertising the "Can U Work Wit Dat" ringtone throughout the night. Guess they make a nice paycheck off of it. Anyways, he did a thing with the first 10 people to get the ringtone and show dude their celly got to go kick it VIP with Quik & AMG later in the night, but that was it.

This was the 3rd time I've seen Quik live. Last time I saw him was my best concert experience ever. Was off the chain! Dude put on a 2 1/2 hour set & was a GREAT overall show.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 03:39:46 PM »
Hood lookin Proof!

i B 2 QUIK 2 c

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 04:07:25 PM »

got a few questions tho:

peace
Yeah I was lookin at his triangle piece all night. That's all it was was triangles, but the diamonds on it were OFF THE CHAIN!

The host of the event kept advertising the "Can U Work Wit Dat" ringtone throughout the night. Guess they make a nice paycheck off of it. Anyways, he did a thing with the first 10 people to get the ringtone and show dude their celly got to go kick it VIP with Quik & AMG later in the night, but that was it.

This was the 3rd time I've seen Quik live. Last time I saw him was my best concert experience ever. Was off the chain! Dude put on a 2 1/2 hour set & was a GREAT overall show.

i think there might be something engraved on the back of those pieces like "RIP Mausberg" or "RIP Topp Dogg"... im sure the design must have some significance to him

i still need to see Quik live... i'm waiting for a reunion show or another live orchestra show before i commit to flying to the west coast to see him... i hate to say it, but i don't think that will be happening in the next few years... you're lucky you went to that 2 and a half hour show... was that the Frisco show or another Portland concert?

peace

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 04:16:47 PM »
Cool pics.  Which solo track did Quik do?
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 04:20:04 PM »
Did Quik do Summer Breeze or Tonite?

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 04:34:28 PM »

got a few questions tho:

peace

i think there might be something engraved on the back of those pieces like "RIP Mausberg" or "RIP Topp Dogg"... im sure the design must have some significance to him

i still need to see Quik live... i'm waiting for a reunion show or another live orchestra show before i commit to flying to the west coast to see him... i hate to say it, but i don't think that will be happening in the next few years... you're lucky you went to that 2 and a half hour show... was that the Frisco show or another Portland concert?

peace
Yeah he was shouting out Mausberg throughout the entire show, as well as doing a short little 2Pac tribute. Was real cool.

The 2 1/2 hour show I went to was in Portland as well. Actually was one year & one week ago today. I am VERY happy I got to attend that one. Will always have those memories in my head. I believe I posted pics from it as well when I attended, but if you did not see them, or simply want to see them again, just say the word & I'll post them back up as well.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 04:36:21 PM »
Quik performed

Tonite
Trouble
Born & Raised In Compton
Black Pussy

and another one or two that I can't think of at the second.

When the intro played for Tonite with the xilphones (sp?) the crowd went NUTS!

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 04:49:02 PM »
^^Dayummmm thats tighttt!

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 04:50:35 PM »
Quik performed

Tonite
Trouble
Born & Raised In Compton
Black Pussy

and another one or two that I can't think of at the second.

When the intro played for Tonite with the xilphones (sp?) the crowd went NUTS!

That's dope.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

dameons

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 05:03:05 PM »
Looked like there was 5 people in the audience..

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 05:07:47 PM »
Looked like there was 5 people in the audience..
I WISH. You literally could not move in there. The club wasn't huge, but it was packed to capacity. They were turning people away at the doors. It was right around 1,600 people that they let inside.

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 05:11:21 PM »
( I was real disapointed with the length. I asked one of the secruity after the show why it was so short & he said Quik was pissed through the whole set that the audio equipment was shit (it did keep fucking up & the instrumentals were very hard to hear).
Quik is known to do a thorough sound check before the show and usually makes sure everything is perfect, wonder what happened though.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2007, 05:51:06 PM »
( I was real disapointed with the length. I asked one of the secruity after the show why it was so short & he said Quik was pissed through the whole set that the audio equipment was shit (it did keep fucking up & the instrumentals were very hard to hear).
Quik is known to do a thorough sound check before the show and usually makes sure everything is perfect, wonder what happened though.
Yeah we got there early, and the host of the show (local rapper Starchile) came in the door cussing someone out on his cell phone about "There's people here already, and we haven't even had a fuckin sound check yet jack!!!!" lol. Was pretty funny to see. But yeah, I remember Quik always being very adiment about getting sound checks done the right way, before-hand, so that was kind of questionable to me last night.