Author Topic: Common Rhymes With Kanye, Lily Allen On 'Forever'  (Read 154 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Common Rhymes With Kanye, Lily Allen On 'Forever'
« on: April 10, 2007, 10:39:20 AM »
On the heels of 2005's "Be," which debuted at a career-best No. 2 on The Billboard 200, Common has set a July 10 release date for his next Geffen album, "Finding Forever." The set features production from Kanye West, will.i.am, the late J Dilla and Devo Springsteen, while Bilal and Dwele sing background vocals on a couple of tracks as well.

"I want to leave a mark on this earth," the Chicago rapper tells Billboard.com. "By making music and saying what I have to say in my music is one of the ways I will exist forever."

The first single is the West-produced "The People," which Common describes as a "declaration type of song." Another of West's productions is a song called "Black Maybe."

On the flirty "So Far To Go" featuring a rare guest turn from D'Angelo, Common rhymes, "We make good music, and baby you are the vocals." The Nina Simone-sampling "Misunderstood" is a song Common describes as a "story of people talking to God." "He stood on the corner like the rest of them, but didn't know the corner ain't have the best for him," he raps.

Another standout track is the Lily Allen-assisted "Driving Me Wild," which Common describes as a song about obsessions. "Driving herself crazy like the astronaut lady," he chants, "Love is not a mystery, it's everything."

The artist has yet to announce tour plans, but has one-off shows scheduled Saturday (April 14) at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore and June 20 with Joss Stone and Ryan Shaw at New York's Central Park SummerStage.

Source: www.yoraps.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

FLACO220

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Wut Up Tho'!!
Re: Common Rhymes With Kanye, Lily Allen On 'Forever'
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 05:38:39 PM »
Sounds like it's gonna be some more dope musik from Common. I can't wait for this to drop.
WestCoast 4 Life!!