Author Topic: Tha Source Awards WASN'T as PEACEFUL as it seemed.  (Read 279 times)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Tha Source Awards WASN'T as PEACEFUL as it seemed.
« on: August 21, 2001, 03:14:42 PM »
Check dis out:

Even though the Source Awards show was peaceful, the after party was a different story. According to various reports, an incident left three men stabbed outside the Level nightclub in Miami. According to police, the altercation ensued after words were exchanged between two groups of people. One of the men is still in critical condition with multiple stab wounds to his back. When Police got the call around 4 a.m., they came out in full riot gear to disperse the party. Officers are looking for a group of black men wearing white T-shirts with the letter "R" with a circle around it. We'll keep you posted on the out come of this incident.

Heres some other interesting shit:

Even though the show's organizers took all necessary precautions, it seems as though some folks just didn't wanna be there live, and others not at all.
Snoop Dogg was scheduled to perform but pulled out at the last minute for undisclosed reasons, and multiple nominee Jay-Z also decided to skip the event. P. Diddy and the Bad Boy Family, like Eminem and D-12, won't be at Monday's show but will still be a part of the program, which will air August 28 on UPN. They pre-taped their performances over the weekend along with Trick Daddy, Ludacris and Nate Dogg, and Jadakiss and the Lox.

I Cant believe Snoop didn't show up. I believe Suge showed up but we gotta wait 4 tha show to see.

Also:

The other bit of controversy that arose involved Luther Campbell aka 'Uncle Luke' who boycotted the awards because he felt like he was disrespected by The Source Magazine. He told reporters to the Miami Herald
``I do not feel like David Mays and The Source respected me by coming to my city and giving away the lifetime achievement award to LL Cool J,'' he said. ``If it wasn't for me, rappers would not be able to play the game like they do. I went to jail for the rights of hip-hoppers.''

Luke was referring to the time when he was going through all that grief back in 1990 when he put out the album as 'Nasty As They Wanna Be'.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

=[Euthanasia]=

Re: Tha Source Awards WASN'T as PEACEFUL as it see
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2001, 03:24:01 PM »
There was bound 2 b some drama. Atleast it wasn't surrounding any actual Hip-Hop artists.

I already posted about the Snoop/D-12/PD absent bit in the Nelly post. Wonder if Snoops purpose 4 not showing up was due 2 Suge? If Suge actually showed up? Was Dre there?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2001, 03:36:31 PM »
I bet Snoop and pdiddy's absence WAZ becauz of Suge, or else why wouldnt they wanna go 2 tha biggest event in hiphop.

And dats a good question, was Dre there?

COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

Bishop

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Get Addicted!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2001, 03:45:53 PM »
2 Live Crew never coulda wowed anybody with there talent... but Luke does have a point, LL always seems to be getting the Lifetime Achievment.  Now I know you got MTV, Source, BET, Grammy's, AMA, but he's gotten that shit so much it almost seems that some of em has honored him twice.

Dope Money Clean

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2001, 04:42:42 PM »
Luke  ?  Lifetime achievement award ?    HAHAHHAHAHAAHA     :D

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2001, 05:14:05 PM »
damn Snoop didn't show and Jigga and many others LOL! goes to show how much of a joke this awards show is especially after givin Nelly album of the year...

Luke has a good point about what sacrifice he did for hip hop...but he doesnt deserve a LAA...

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2001, 08:55:16 PM »
He had a big impact in hip hop and all, but I just see him as an old horny mofo rappin.

COMING IN 2008.

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2001, 09:21:20 PM »

He had a big impact in hip hop and all, but I just see him as an old horny mofo rappin.

LOL @ Old horny mofo
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

lee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2001, 09:14:47 AM »
wasn't the source awards only last night ?
cause i seen a magazine out here already , a source magazine with pictures and who won what news ,....
Remember i live in ireland ... so how was a magazine printed, and flew over here and delivered to all the shops since last night  ???  ........ very strange

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2001, 09:19:56 AM »
It was the night b4 last...

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2001, 03:25:43 PM »
A source magazine in Ireland with all tha winners already, Dats impossible.

COMING IN 2008.

Murrow

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2001, 03:43:47 PM »
Yo Lee that was pictures from last year's Source Awards.  There is an issue out with a 2001 preview and shit.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2001, 07:08:20 AM »

Check dis out:
Officers are looking for a group of black men wearing white T-shirts with the letter "R" with a circle around it. We'll keep you posted on the out come of this incident.

Hey, heres somethin I just figured out, maybe people already figured it out but...whateva.

OK, u see how it says there waz some mob startin fights wit big R circled in red on their shirt?, well Suge said dat Death row is changin its name from deathrow 2 just Tha Row, and tha R on their shirt stands 4 tha Row I guess...................

COMING IN 2008.